Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 30

Song of Praise (based on Psalm 8)

O Lord my God, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, who am I that you are mindful of me, who are any of us that you should guide and protect us?

Yet you have made us in your image, a little lower than the angels, and crowned us with glory and honor we do not deserve. You have given us dominion over the works of your hands and put the earth beneath our feet; you have given us dominion over the beasts of the field, the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea. O Lord my God, I praise you for your gifts to me. How majestic is your name in all the earth! Amen.

For a Positive Attitude Today

Lord, as I offer you all that is ordinary and everyday in my life, I ask you to give me the power of your Spirit that I may transform each day by living with a positive attitude, looking for the best in people and situations. Inspire me to live in your presence every day so that I may have a full share of the hope only your Spirit can bring; lead me do the ordinary things of life in an extraordinary way, to your glory. Amen.

To Treat Others as I Would Be Treated

Lord, while I pray for peace and goodwill in our world, I ask you to help me to change my own attitude for the better, so that peace and goodwill may start with the way I behave towards those who have hurt me. Inspire me to be as generous to others as I would like them to be with me. Amen.

Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, I pray that you direct my way unto you, and make me and all of us to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you; to the end that we may establish our hearts unblameable in holiness before you, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. Amen.

Dear Lord, help us to think about Ruth Brown's observation that: "We should resolve to be more understanding of the very young, the old, the weak, and the sick. Sometime in life we will each have been all of these." ... Help us to understand our generational differences. Young people have new ideas, new ways to do things, energy, and enthusiasm to offer. Older people have wisdom, learned from years of trial and error. It is hard for older people to stand by and be ignored, and see the next generation make the same mistakes rather than building on knowledge already gained. ... Help us to learn to respect each other's gifts and achievements. ... If we can't do this, why would anyone want to exercise and take vitamins in order to become healthy "senior citizens?" ... Is this generation's answer abortion, and euthanasia next? Oh Lord, help us each to realize that life is Your precious gift for each of us to live wisely, with Your help and within Your will.

In Jesus' name we pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

God our Father, whatever our age, may we always have a thirst for knowledge and understanding, and be ready to learn from all of life’s experiences. Inspire us always with a sense of wonder and a great reverence for life. Amen.

“A Prayer Of Rejoicing”

Father, we enter Your gates with thanksgiving in our heart and Your courts with praise, for You have made this day. You satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. Therefore, we will rejoice and be glad in your steadfast love, for You have seen our affliction. You have known the distress within our soul, and You have made a way of escape through Your powerful presence, Your mighty intervention and through the companionship of Your Holy Spirit. We rejoice gratefully for who You are and all that You do on our behalf. Amen.
Based upon Psalms 100, 90 & 31

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for all you have done for me. You do so much and yet I still ask for more. Please forgive me and guide me to be appreciative for what I have and what is truly important.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply