Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default The Silly Monkey

The Silly Monkey

"Fight! Fight!" shouted several children, and Keaton and Steve did just that. The scuffle didn't last long, though. They exchanged only a few punches before they were separated by Mrs. Hansen, their Sunday school teacher. "I'm very surprised at you boys," she said as she took them aside.

"Steve called me clumsy and stupid and . . . and a bunch of other bad names," complained Keaton.

"That's because you kicked me," retorted Steve angrily.

"I couldn't help it that your big feet got in my way," grumbled Keaton.

"And you called me Big Foot, too," Steve accused Keaton.

Mrs. Hansen frowned. "You boys know Joey Baker, don't you?" she asked.

Steve nodded. "The Bakers are missionaries in Brazil," he said.

"That's right," said Mrs. Hansen. "Did Joey ever tell you about the time he saw a monkey sitting on a log, cracking nuts with a stone?"

The boys laughed. "Yeah, and when the monkey noticed Joey watching him, he missed the nut and hit his tail with the stone," said Keaton. "I guess he blamed Joey for that."

Steve nodded. "And it made the monkey so mad that he threw the stone at Joey."

"Yes, and aren't you boys acting like the monkey-each blaming the other for something that was as much your own fault as anyone's?" asked Mrs. Hansen. Neither boy offered an answer. "What does God say you should do if somebody treats you wrongly?" continued their teacher. "Think about the memory verse we had a few weeks ago." Again, neither boy replied, so Mrs. Hansen quoted the verse. "It was Colossians 3:13. 'If anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.' How does Christ forgive? Keaton?"

"Ah-h-h . . . He forgives the minute we ask Him," said Keaton slowly. "But Steve didn't ask me to . . ." He stopped and looked at Steve. "Whoa!" he added with a small grin. "I didn't ask him, either. Sorry, Steve. Forgive me?"

"I . . . well . . . okay," replied Steve, "and you'll forgive me, too, won't you?"

Mrs. Hansen smiled. "Good," she approved. "It's nice to see you acting like Jesus rather than like a silly monkey."

HOW ABOUT YOU?
Do you get angry and blame someone else when things go wrong? Maybe that person isn't at fault at all. Instead of finding someone to blame, admit it when you're the one at fault. Even if someone else is to blame, follow Christ's example. He freely forgives when you ask Him to do so, and He never holds a grudge. Do as He did. Forgive and don't hold grudges.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE:
If anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. Colossians 3:13
Key for Kids Devotion
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply