Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2015, 05:49 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Wisdom For Today - January

January 1

Wisdom for Today
Life is filled with lots of firsts. One thing I have learned in recovery is that my life cannot afford a first drink, pill or fix. I had my first drink already, and I don't want to go back. I don't think I really got to this point in my recovery until after I completed my Fifth Step. As difficult as it was to share my history with another human being, there was something almost magical about getting everything out in the open. It was very freeing. It was almost like the chains of bondage had been opened, and I could finally move on with my life. I didn't want to go back to the beginning anymore. I just wanted to move ahead.
I had reached a point in recovery where I could really accept the fact that I had a disease. I could see that because of my disease, I had behaved in ways I wished I had not. I could see all the mistakes and how I had wronged so many including myself. It was not a pretty picture. In spite of the ugliness that was behind me, I had reached a point where I could forgive myself. I could accept that much of what happened occurred as a consequence of my disease. I could look at myself in the mirror and believe that I was okay and that my Higher Power would help me put my life back together again. Have I forgiven myself?
Meditations for the Heart
I really had no idea what love was all about until I got into recovery. I know I had experienced love from others, but I didn't know how to give love to anyone. In recovery I began to look at others in the program as my brothers and sisters. We are all children of the same heavenly Father. I had to learn to think differently and to begin to reach out to others in a caring manner. I let go of my judgments, criticism and resentments. I didn't participate in gossip about others. Instead I worked on being patient and understanding. I began to develop a true compassion for others and worked at being helpful when I could. I found that when I did these things, I was actually helping myself. Have I begun the repair work of rebuilding my life?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
You have granted me a new freedom and a chance at rebuilding my life. Let me this day do the work necessary to put the pieces of my life back together again. I have no idea what my life may look like when I have finished the repair work I need to do, but I am willing to trust that You will lead me to that which is good. Help me this day to be compassionate and caring towards others, and let me always be patient.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply