Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2017, 09:16 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - June 16

God is the Father your heart has been longing for.

God has work for all His children regardless of age or ability.

God has more answers then we have questions.

We shouldn’t pray for things, we should pray for the knowledge of God’s will and the power to carry that out.

God hears and sees everything we do.

When praying, don’t give God instructions, just report for duty.

God has something for each of us to do.

"Our Perfect Father"
“As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him.” — Psalm 103:13 NIV (UK)
I have heard people say that you should never compare God the Father to an earthly father, for many children have had fathers who have abandoned them or abused them. Cecil Murphey states that on the contrary, he has found it to be helpful to compare God to an earthly father, for where earthly fathers fail to be what they should, God is the perfect father. He is always compassionate and he is always with us, ready to forgive us for our mistakes and help us to correct them. Jesus was the perfect example, for he always had time to stop and help those who needed him and he did it with love, even when he corrected the woman caught in adultery. (John 8:3-11). He never pointed a finger, but always stretched out a helping hand. When Jesus talked about God the Father, he compared him with a loving father who was fair to his prodigal son who squandered all his money and to his elder son who complained because the prodigal was forgiven and welcomed home.
Many children spend their lives trying to get their father to love them, even though he has mistreated them. How comforting it is to know that we have a heavenly Father who loves us dearly and will never fail us. Murphey says he had an alcoholic father who sometimes beat him and treated him unfairly. When a pastor described God to Murphey as a kind and loving Father who would never fail him, it was a lesson Murphrey never forgot. He writes, "We can pray to our True Father who loves us, cares about every need in our lives, and provides a place of safety. That's the True Father." No matter whether our father was good or disappointing, we have a perfect Father in heaven who loves us.
Father God, I am grateful to be one of your children. Thanks for your forgiveness and guidance, when I make mistakes. Amen. --Prayerful Living

My Father's the Best
It wasn't until the birth of my sons that I realized what I'd missed. Mayo Mathers
Our local newspaper was sponsoring an essay contest, "Why My Father Is the Best," and since I was teaching a high school writing class, that was my assignment. All students but one were busily writing. Julie stared stone-faced at the wall as her pen rolled off her desk and clattered to the floor.
"Need some ideas to get started, Julie?" I prodded.
"I'm not doing this assignment!" she stated flatly. "My dad's dead."
"Is there another man you could write about then? A grandfather, maybe, or an uncle or stepfather?"
"I've had four stepfathers and they all abused me. Now my mom's new boyfriend has moved in with us." The venom in her voice made me shiver.
Not knowing how to respond, I silently pleaded with the Lord for help.
"Julie," I whispered, kneeling down beside her desk so only she could hear me. "Just because your father's dead doesn't mean you can't write about him. Pretend he's here right now. What would you tell him?"
She studied me for a few moments, then nodded. For the rest of the class, her pen scratched furiously across page after page of notebook paper. When the bell rang, Julie brought her essay to me.
"May I read it to you?" she asked quietly.
I sat down to give her my whole attention. What she read to me was a profoundly intimate love letter from a daughter to her father. Every word had been dug from the deepest level of her soul. She ended by saying, "Though you died before I could know you, you are the best father in the world. I love you, Daddy."
I've never forgotten that conversation with Julie. I, too, knew what it was like to grow up without a dad, but I never had to endure a parade of men through my home. In fact, I was so young when he died, and my mother was such a positive force in my life, that I honestly didn't feel bad about not having a father.
It wasn't until the birth of my own sons that I realized what I'd missed. One afternoon my husband, Steve, swept Tyler up in a huge bear hug and swung him around in his arms while Tyler squealed in delight.
So that's what I missed! I thought as unexpected, jagged grief brought tears to my eyes. It was then, nearly twenty years after his death, that I began to grieve for my father.
For some time I floundered in the world of "what might have been." The most often-repeated phrase in my mind became If only I'd had a father. Then a Bible verse in Romans brought my self-pity to an abrupt halt. It said we've been "adopted into the bosom of God's family" and that we call "to him 'Father, Father.' For his Holy Spirit speaks to us deep in our hearts and tells us that we really are God's children" (Rom. 8:15-18, TLB).
The familiar words suddenly became rich with new meaning. I had a father! And he would never leave me: not through death, divorce, abuse, or abandonment … not ever! I smiled heavenward as the security of those words wrapped around me in a warm hug.
I have a Father. And on Father's Day, he is the one I celebrate.

Are You There, God?
There once was an older, destitute man. He had lost his family, his dignity, his work and all his worldly possessions. The only thing he had left was his faith in God.
One day, he walked along the city sidewalks; homeless as he was. Peering around the city buildings, the passing cars, and sidewalk shoppers - he remembered a time when he had the love of his wife, the comfort of home, and the camaraderie of his many friends and successful business partners. Just for one moment, he could feel the love and passion he once used to enjoy. But then he looked up into the sky, and he could see the graying clouds rolling overhead; and the wind began to fly past his ragged shirt sleeves.
Realizing that he was who he was, he knew he had to find shelter before the rains began to fall. Across the street, he saw the old city park that he used to visit when he was just a child. In the far end of the park, he spotted the old gazebo he'd frequented with his high school sweetheart. Suddenly, the rain began to fall. These weren't just ordinary raindrops - they were hard, heavy, and oversized droplets of water that pelted his head and neck like small stones. His walk turned into a fast run as he struggled to get under the shelter of the gazebo. Shaking off his shirt and wiping the wetness from his cheeks and forehead, the man sat back on the two-seater swing beneath the gazebo. Then he shook his head in disbelief. "Is this what life is all about?" he asked, shaking his fist and peering up toward the gray skies, "What more do you want from me?"
Just then, the sky began to clear and above the skyscrapers he could faintly see some bright hues of red, purple, pink, and even blue. It was a rainbow; and the sun's rays began to shine through the break in the clouds. Now sobbing, the man looked back up into the sky, and he asked,
"Are You there, God?"
But there was no audible reply.
A few moments passed when a park ranger made his way up to the old gazebo. "Top of the day to you, sir," he said to the man. The man glanced at the ranger as the voice sounded vaguely familiar. Sure enough, the man remembered the park ranger as a friend he once knew many, many years in his past.
"I think I know you," the man replied to the ranger, "aren't you Ed from the country store?"
The ranger was slightly taken aback as he too recognized the man. But the ranger's name was not Ed; that was his father's name. "My name is Paul," he said, stretching out his hand to the man on the swing, "Ed was my father."
"Oh," replied the man, "I'm Mark Baker," he paused to shake Paul's hand.
The similarities were uncanny, but Mark certainly remembered Ed, and this ranger was the spitting image of him.
"How'd you know my dad?" asked Paul.
"Oh, it was so long ago...you wouldn't want to hear how we met," replied Mark.
Taking a couple steps beneath the shelter, Paul said, "Humor me."
Mark explained that he and Ed had met each other in the local hospital. Mark had gone there to pick up his lab tests where he and Ed had struck up a conversation while they sat in the waiting room. By the time all was said and done, he discovered that he was the perfect match for Ed - the perfect kidney match. "Needless to say," said Mark, "one thing led to another and we were kidney partners for life."
"What happened to you?" asked Paul.
"Wall Street called me, greed took me, and I played my last bit of luck," he replied. Sighing aloud, Mark blinked to clear the water from his eyes, "and then I lost it all."
"I remember you," said Paul, then he pulled out a photograph from his wallet, and pointed to two men standing side-by-side by the old country store, "that's you, and that's my dad."
Peering at the old black and white photograph, he could faintly make out the faces of the worn picture, "Sure does look like me, doesn't it?" asked Mark.
Paul began smiling and he replied, "It is you," then he took a deep breath, "do you know how long I have been looking for you?"
Mark simply shook his head, "Well, you found me...I wish under better circumstances."
Just then, Paul placed his hand upon Mark's shoulder, "I wish my dad would've been able to see you again. He talked about you all the time...and especially right before he died," Paul sighed, "because of you, he was able to watch me graduate and get my high school diploma, and later, he got to hold his newborn grandson -- my son."
"Wow," Mark replied, "I didn't realize that one kidney could do all that."
"You don't understand, Mark," said Paul, "when he died, he left you the old country store and the house. It's been waiting for your return but you never came...until now."
And suddenly, Mark had received his answer...and his solution to his homelessness. It had been there the whole time but it took him losing everything before he would rediscover the rainbow of hope once again.
Even in your darkest hour, when you ask - God shows up in the most unlikely places. --MountainWings

Dad's Glimpse of Heaven by Edna Hershberger
His last words left us with something to look forward to.
At 4:00 a.m. the nurse woke Dad to give him a breathing treatment. "Mr. Hershberger, do you know where you are?"
"Goshen Hospital," he answered politely and closed his eyes again.
She wrapped the blood pressure cuff around his arm. "Mr. Hershberger, who's the president of the United States?"
Dad looked at me with an expression that said, "Do I have to answer these silly questions in the middle of the night?"
She raised her voice, "Mr. Hershberger! Who's the president of the United States?"
"Do we have one?" he asked her.
"Good answer, Dad," I teased.
The nurse laughed loudly, gave him a mock punch on the shoulder, put an oxygen mask over his face, and turned on the noisy machine. "I guess you're awake and alert."
A week or two. That's how long the doctor said Dad might live, and we wanted to make the most of every minute.
I was glad to sit with my father-in-law during the night, while my husband, Dwight, slept on a sofa in the visitor's lounge down the hall.
When the breathing treatment was finished, the nurse repositioned Dad on his right side in the middle of the bed, carefully placing pillows against his back for support. He promptly pulled himself out of her neat nest and scooted to the side of the bed, his face almost against the bed rail.
"Okay, be that way!" she laughed.
I pulled my chair close to the bed and covered myself with a blanket. "I'm going to stay right here, Dad," I assured him, his hand in mine. "How are you feeling?"
"Fine," he answered automatically.
I frowned at him, and he chuckled weakly.
"Not too good," he admitted.
I was grateful Dr. Yoder had been straightforward with Dad. He had told him that he would continue to weaken and sleep more. Eventually, he'd fall asleep and not wake up.
Sweet memories
I brushed the damp hair from his forehead. "I wonder how it feels to know that you'll soon see God."
"It feels good," Dad said without hesitating.
"It's such a mystery. Tell us what you feel and see and hear, to help us understand what you're experiencing."
"I'll try," he promised.
"Are you scared?"
"No," he said, "I feel at peace. I've been wishing to go to heaven all day."
I could hear the nurses talking at the desk. "Do you know if there's a bed available at Greencroft yet? Mr. Hershberger's supposed to be transferred to the nursing center there on Saturday."
This was Tuesday night. In four days, Dad would be transferred to the nursing center where he hoped he'd never have to go.
I thought about Dad falling asleep and not waking up. There were some things I wanted to tell him. "Hey, Dad, soon after Dwight and I started dating, he told me what you said about me. You told him he had picked a good one. You told him I was a peach. No one ever called me a peach before. And I've loved you ever since."
He squeezed my hand and closed his eyes.
"I'd better be quiet and let you sleep," I apologized.
"No," he said quickly. "I want you to keep talking. I just can't keep my eyes open."
"I've always wanted to thank you for helping me plant that sweet gum tree as a surprise for Dwight's birthday," I told him. "You were so kind. You could have warned me that sweet gum trees drop thousands of nasty, prickly balls in the fall. But I was so excited about the wonderful tree I had bought. You couldn't bear to burst my bubble, could you?"
"The leaves are pretty," he said.
I laughed. "That's another thing I love about you. You see the best in everything."
A golden moment
Dad jumped as though startled by something.
I sat up, held both of his hands in mine, and put my face close to his. "Is something wrong, Dad?"
His eyes were open, but he didn't seem to see me.
"I'm leaving," I thought I heard him say in a weak voice.
"Did you say, 'I'm leaving?'" I asked quickly.
"I'm leaving," he repeated more distinctly.
He surely couldn't mean dying. Not yet!
I tried to think of some appropriate last words to say in case this really was the end, but my mind went blank. I started to say, "I love you," but he interrupted me with one word. It sounded like, "cold."
"Oh! You're cold!" I tried to reach for the blanket, but he wouldn't let go of my hand.
He tensed, and quickly spelled it for me, with emphasis on the g sound, "G-o-l-d, gold. G-o-l-d, gold and silver. G-o-l … "
I was shivering. My heart was pounding. I leaned my head against the cold metal bed rail. "Lord, please carry him gently," I prayed.
"We love you, Dad," I kept repeating, as he took four long, shuddering breaths, and then was still. His hands became limp.
I should call the nurse, I thought. But I couldn't move.
I sat there in the darkness, holding Dad's badly bruised hands with intravenous fluids still running into them. My forehead seemed fused to the bed rail. Tears ran down my cheeks.
Six inches from my face, something supernatural had occurred, something far greater than my mind could absorb. I knew God was in the room, but I couldn't see him or feel him. I longed to be able to see what Dad had seen.
My mind was bursting with questions. Where was Dad right now? Could he see me crying? Had he heard the "good-bye" I said after he stopped breathing? Where is Heaven? Is it out beyond the earth's atmosphere like I always imagined? Or could it be very near? If Dad could see it while he was holding my hands, how far away could it be?
I gently laid Dad's hands on the bed, and walked out to the nurse's desk. I dried my cheeks and blew my nose. "Excuse me," I said, "my father-in-law is gone."
She jumped out of her chair. "What do you mean, 'gone'?"
"He just died," I said with a sob.
"That can't be!" she stammered. "He was just joking with me a few minutes ago."
She grabbed her stethoscope and rushed into his room, turning on lights and calling his name.
I walked down the hall to tell my husband that his father had just gone to heaven, and there really is gold there.

My Beloved Child,
I am the Lord your God.
From heaven I look down and see all mankind. (Ps. 33:13) I, who formed the hearts of all, understand everything they do. (Ps. 33:15) But my eyes are on you, because you fear me, because you hope in my unfailing love. (Ps. 33:18) I long for you to begin to grasp how wide and how long and high and deep is my love for you through my Son. And, beyond comprehending the dimensions of my love, I want you to know this love as your daily experience, to be filled with all the fullness of myself! (Eph. 3:18-19)
All your ways are known to me, (Ps. 119:68) and I see the thirst in your life. You – you who have fled to me to find cleansing and forgiveness for your sin, must learn to bring to me all the other yearnings in your life. (Col. 2:6; Gal. 3:3)
Leave your struggles to find significance through your own efforts. They are but cisterns dug by your own hands – broken cisterns that can hold no water. Leave them and come to me, the spring of living water. (Jer. 2:13) Come unto me and drink. (John 7:37) I say again, come to me and joyously draw water from the springs of salvation. (Is. 12:3)
Leave the many distractions that fill your mind and come unto me. Sit at my feet and listen to my words alone. That is your one true need – to listen to me and my words, for they are life unto your soul, and will be sweet in your experience. (Luke 10:39-42; Ps. 119:103, 111) Let my words be part of your thoughts all day long, then you will learn to love all I have to say to you. (Ps. 119:97)
Come unto me, struggling and weary as you are with the burdens of life – come and rest in me! (Matt. 11:28) Leave the impossible load you are carrying. Put it down and come learn of me – come and share the yoke I offer. It is light and fashioned especially for you – in it you will find rest for your soul. (Matt. 11:28-30)
I see that you worry about many things. Look around you – see the extent of my care in feeding the birds and arraying the flowers of the field in finery. Can you not see that you, of infinitely greater worth to me than birds or flowers, will more surely be the object of my constant care? (Matt. 6:25-31) Strive instead to follow after me and learn my ways, and you will find all these needs met, because I know then perfectly. (Matt. 6:32-33) Bring all your needs to me with a thankful recognition of my fatherly care, and you will find my peace guarding your heart and mind, a peace beyond your comprehension. (Phil. 4:6-7)
I want you to learn to live in my strength. Do you not know? Have you not heard? I am the Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth. I do not become weary or tired and no one can fathom my understanding. It is I who gives you strength when you are weary and power when you are weak. When your store of energy is gone and you find yourself stumbling, place your hope in me! My strength will become yours, and you will be lifted up as if borne by eagles. My strength will always be adequate for your need. (Is. 40:28-31)
Do you not know that you, even you, have always been on my mind? (Ps. 139:17-18) Don’t you realize how much joy you give me? I rejoice over you with shouts of joy! (Zeph. 3:17) Even if a mother could forget her child, I could never forget you or cease to have compassion for you. You are so precious to me that I have engraved you on the palms of my hand. (Is. 49:15-16)
Before I created the world I determined that you would be the object of my love. (Eph. 1:4) I fashioned you carefully in your mother’s womb. (Ps. 139:13) I ordained the path of your life before you were even born. (Ps. 139:16)
I determined before you were born to adopt you as my child, through my own dear Son. (Eph. 1:5) Remember, you did not choose me – I chose you! (John 15:16) And I chose you as my heir. (Gal. 4:7) You are my inheritance even as I am yours – this is my purpose and plan for you. (Eph. 1:11) Because I set my love on you, I rescued you from the domain of Satan’s rule and transferred you to the kingdom of my dear Son. (Col. 1:13) You are now hidden with Him in my love. (Col. 3:3)
Remember you are not your own. You are twice mine – once by creation and a second time by redemption. (I Cor. 6:19-20) In my Son, you have been made complete, lacking nothing. (Col. 2:10) By my power you have been granted everything you need to live as I intended you to live – progressively and more fully displaying the infinite beauty of my nature. (II Pet. 1:3)
As an ever-present witness to my commitment to be your loving father, I have given you my Spirit. (Rom. 8:16) He is the guarantor of my promises and the power for your life. (Eph. 1:14; II Cor. 1:22) Through Him I have poured my love into your heart. (Rom. 5:5) It is through Him that you may come to understand all that you have in me. (I Cor. 2:12) He is the one who comes alongside you to strengthen you in your inner being from my storehouse of riches. (Eph. 3:16) When you can’t even form the words that express the deep needs of your heart, He brings your need to me, perfectly expressed in accordance with my will. (Rom. 8:26) As you let Him produce His fruit in your life, you will find my very character being expressed through you. (Gal. 5:22) Don’t take lightly these exceedingly great and precious promises, through which you share my very life. (II Pet. 1:4)
I see you living at times in self-condemnation. My child, learn to see yourself as I see you! Remember, you are hidden in my Son, whom I love supremely. Because you live in Him, you now have His righteousness – you are perfectly accepted in my sight, just as surely as He is. (II Cor. 5:21) He is ever interceding before me on your behalf, so I will never condemn you. (Heb. 7:25; Rom. 8:1)
Do you not know that because you are in my Son, you were with Him in His death and resurrection? (Rom. 6:3-8) Your old self was crucified with Him – you are no longer a slave to sin. Consider yourself dead to sin but alive to me through my Son. (Rom. 6:6-11) Come to me with your sin and your failure. I will forgive you and cleanse you from all unrighteousness. (I John 1:9)
Don’t you understand how thorough and perfect my plan is for you? I make your way firm in the path I have laid before you and delight in your every step. (Ps. 37:23) The things that others do to harm you, I work into my plan of blessing for you. (Gen. 50:20) So infinitely crafted is my plan for you that everything, even the things that seem most disastrous to you, are being woven together for your good, because I have called you according to my great purpose for you, and you have responded in love. (Rom. 8:28) I have purposed from eternity that you would be conformed to the image of my beloved Son – to be just like Him, that you would be made righteous, that you would be glorified together with Him in my presence. (Rom. 8:30)
It is done! I have spoken it – not one whom I have called will fail to join me in my glory forever. (Rom. 8:29-30; John 17:12)
Why do you worry about the power of men to interfere with my perfect plan for you? (Prov. 24:19) Don’t you know; haven’t you heard? I sit on my throne above the earth, whose inhabitants are like grasshoppers. By my power I stretched out the heavens as a tent over me. (Is. 40:21-22) By my power I thwart the arrogant plans of men and their leaders alike. (Is. 40:23; Ps. 33:10) No sooner are the powerful leaders of the world in place than I simply blow on them, and they are gone. (Is. 40:24) But my plans stand firm forever, the purposes of my heart through all generations. (Ps. 33:11) Remember, it is by my doing that you have been placed in my Son. It does not depend on your strength. I have chosen those who are weak, that my strength will be magnified. (I Cor. 1:26-30) I want you to be encouraged in your weakness because it will drive you to me for strength. Through your weakness my strength is perfected and I am glorified. (II Cor. 12:9)
I want you to see your life as being lived in the victory parade of my Son, who is always triumphant. Everywhere you go, His sweet fragrance will arise to me and be evident to all those around you, because you know Him. (II Cor. 2:14-15)
And I – I who declare the end from the beginning (Is. 46:10) declare that you are already seated with me in heaven, because you are in my Son. My purpose will stand. What I have said, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do. (Is. 46:11) Who is there who can thwart my plans? (Is. 14:27)
My Son, your Redeemer, has prepared a place for you, so that you may live with us forever. (John 14:2-3) It will take all eternity for me to begin to lavish on you all the love I have for you, all the riches of my grace. (Eph. 2:7)
Come and rest in me, the shepherd of you soul. (I Pet. 2:25) I am the good shepherd, who knows your most deep-felt needs perfectly. (John 10:14) I will lead you in paths where all those needs will be met. I will guide you to places of quiet rest and refreshment, for the restoration of your soul. I will go with you through times of danger, so you need not fear, for my protection will surround you. Throughout all your days you will experience my goodness and lovingkindness. (Ps. 23)
I will watch over your coming and going from this time forth, (Ps. 121:8) and forevermore your dwelling place will be with me. (Ps. 23:6)
Remember, I am your strength and your song, (Ps. 118:14) so come rest in my love! (John 15:9)
Your Forever Father, God

"If You Live It, They Will Ask" by Gerald Whetstone
There was a popular movie several years ago that revolved around a man who heard a voice that told him to build a baseball diamond in his cornfield. A statement from that movie is as well-known as the movie; "If you build it, they will come." A pastor friend of mine has his own version of this sentence with regard to getting Christians to come to an event; "If you feed them, they will come."
As you read through 1 Peter and come upon chapter three verse fifteen, it would seem that Peter had the same idea in mind. This verse tells us that if we have set Christ apart in our hearts as Lord, our lives are then lived in such a way that will get people curious. You could say that this verse conveys, "If you live Christlike, they will ask."
The verse actually reads, "But in your hearts, set apart Christ as Lord; Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope that you have." (1 Peter 3:15). This charge was given to a people who were facing brutal persecution because of their life in Christ. They would never be able to endure faithfully unless Christ was Lord. Their hearts had to be wholly His.
As they set apart Christ as Lord, they had hope. Jesus was the reason for their hope. Indeed, He WAS their reason and their hope! That faith and hope could not go unnoticed. In their suffering, the fruit of the Spirit would be evidenced rather than bitterness and hatred. Their lives were so radically different from others that people asked them about it. Their responsibility was to be ready to give the answer to the question when asked. Their answer was simple - Jesus. The radical contrast between a Christian's life and those in the world is no different - whether under persecution or freedom. That is one reason why Peter elsewhere refers to Christians as "aliens and strangers." Christians cannot hide their life in Christ any more than a city on a hill can be hidden in the night. Jesus told us that we are "salt and light" in the world. Neither of these can be concealed.
There isn't such a thing as a secret disciple. It's not that we wear name tags or badges. It isn't the bumper stickers on our cars, or posters on our walls. It is our life - our actions, conversation, habits, work, lifestyle... It may not be visible immediately to everyone, but in the day-to-day routine, it will show. And what shows will generate a curiosity in others. The Holy Spirit intensifies the curiosity prompting them to ask us about the hope we have. We need to be ready to give the answer when they ask.
There is a great amount of discussion these days among church leaders about how the church can be more effective in reaching the unsaved. And so there should be. Going into the world to make disciples is the church's divinely-given mission and must be kept a central part of our worship. Many methods and programs, both to reach out and to motivate and mobilize people, are being suggested. But, amidst all the discussion let us not forget, that the most effective way to reach the lost is for God's people to live Christlike - "in their hearts setting apart Christ as Lord."
For, if we live it, they will ask!

What Makes A Dad
God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, He called it ... Dad
Author is unknown

My Forever Father
I lost my earthly father when I was eight
For many years I did mourn that lost
Of being totally without a dad
Was something I did hate
It was only after I accepted Jesus as my saviour
Did I come to realize
That all along, all this time
I had another Father to my great surprise
Though my earthly father is gone
And I still hold him in my heart
Today I take comfort in having a Father
With whom I never have to part
Thank you God for being my Forever Father
Tammy B. 06/15/08

Have we not all one Father? Did not one God create us? Malachi 2:10

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. Psalm 68:5

1We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. 2Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. 3For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: "The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me." 4For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. 5May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, 6so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. 7Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God. Romans 15:1-7

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. Romans 8:15-18

9"This, then, is how you should pray: " 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, 10your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. 11Give us today our daily bread. 12Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.' 14For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. Matthew 6:9-15

Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. Isaiah 64:8

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17

4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. Ephesians 4:4-5

5For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords"), 6yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live. 1 Corinthians 8:5-6

God Disciplines His Sons
1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. 4In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: "My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, 6because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son." 7Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? 8If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. 9Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! 10Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. 11No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. 12Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 13"Make level paths for your feet," so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed. Hebrews 12:1-13

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 1:2

God is my Father
Can you say.........
"God is my Father and I am his child. Matthew 6:9
I am part of the Family of God. Ephesians 3:15
My Father is the creator of the universe, the maker of heaven and earth, yet he knows me by name and I am unique and special to him. Psalm 121:2
He meets all of my needs - body, soul and spirit. Philippians 4:19
He watches over me and cares for every area of my life. Matthew 6:25-33
When I fall down, my Father lifts me up. Psalm 40:2
When I am weak, he strengthens me. Psalm 18:32
He loves me unconditionally even when I mess up. Romans 5:8
My Father is for me and encourages me to fulfill the dreams and desires in my heart. Psalm 37:4
He loves to communicate with me. His love letter, the Bible, was written for me. 2 Timothy 3:16,17
My Father wants me to prosper in all areas of my life and to be in health. 3 John:2
He has prepared a place for me in heaven to live with him forever when I pass from this earth. John 14:2,3
My Father desires to always give me good gifts because he loves me and I am part of his Family." Matthew 7:11
God the Father invites everyone to be part of the Family of God, to know him and his love, and to receive a wonderful plan for their life. For God so loved the world that he gave his only son, Jesus Christ, that everyone who believes in him may not be lost but have eternal life and enter into the Family of God. Author Unknown

Father's Day Prayer
Thank you, friend Jesus, for my father who loves me, for my grandfather who cares for me and for God, my eternal father, who made me and is always with me. How Blessed I am! Amen

For fathers, who have given us life and love, that we may show them love and affection today and all days, we pray to God, our Father.
For fathers who have lost a child through death, that they may find hope, and solace in your never ending love, we pray to you, O God, our Father.
For fathers who have died, that God may welcome them into that peaceful place that is without ending, we pray to you, O God, our Father.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 70
1 Make haste, o God, to deliver me; make haste to help me, O Lord. 2 Let them be ashamed and confounded that seek after my soul: let them be turned backward, and put to confusion, that desire my hurt. 3 Let them be turned back for a reward of their shame that say, Aha, aha. 4 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified. 5 But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou art my help and my deliverer; O Lord, make no tarrying.

God our Father, in your wisdom and love you made all things. Bless those fathers who have taken upon themselves, the responsibility of parenting. Bless those who have lost a spouse to death ... or divorce who are parenting their children alone. Strengthen them by your love that they may be and become the loving, caring persons they are meant to be. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply