Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2021, 08:55 AM   #1
roverl0616

Default We are Being Cared for Like it or not

Being cared for when we aren't able to do the job ourselves seems part of all of us who are in recovery. Most of us without exception almost die from this illness in one form or another. Then something happens. For me I believe I was spared from death and entered into some sort of agreement, that I didn't know about that was foreign to me. I didn't think anything was different about me after the event that almost ended it all for me, but looking back I've been able to trace the seed of recovery to that time in my life. That's when these thoughts started that just seemed odd, but were very persistent almost hauntingly. I would wonder what my life would be like without me drinking and using drugs. I never had had thoughts like that before, just the opposite. Later when the opportunity for recovery was introduced to me it felt like I might find the answer to those thoughts, and be able to find that life. I could have ignore this opportunity for recovery, but for me it felt like I was obliged to keep my end of the agreement.
roverl0616 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roverl0616 For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply