Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-07-2016, 09:14 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Topic of the week, words that begin with the letter "M"

M is for memories. Remember the good ones, but play them out to the end. For me, they started out good, but some of them left a lot to be desired when they played out and I truly looked at things.

Some times the cost was very high, not always money and monitary things, but personal values and integrity.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2016, 02:38 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

M is for Mistakes. Just because I make them, doesn't mean I am one. I had a problem with accepting my human failings. I always figured that I should do better and was always tryiing to measure up to a standard that was often not attainable, and therefore I would be disappointed and feel less than. I also has to remember to take my God with me when I went to do something. He makes things so much easier.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:47 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

M is for Miracles. I believe in miracles, I am one. Each day sober is a new spiritual awakening. I can see how my God is working in my life, and for that, I am very grateful.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:05 AM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

M is for Mind. Our disease is one of the body, mind, and spirit. What food do you feed your mind with? Do you give it positive fuel and affirmation? As a friend said to me, "I didn't use to worry about whether I was attractive when I was growing up, I just worried about being stupid." The mind can play tricks on us. Many times we take on things that are not ours, but other people's projection and they need to MIND their own business.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:24 AM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

M is for Most. Get the most out of today. Learn to listen, listen to learn. Be open to new ideas and concepts. Open your mind and get the most out of each experience, live life to the fullest. Make yourself happy! Lower your expectations and raise your acceptance.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:22 PM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Like that one Dave thanks for sharing. The maintenance Steps 10, 11, & 12.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:29 AM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

M is for Make. Make each day the best that you can. We have freedom of choice. When we stay in the moment, we an make the most of each day as it comes instead of waiting for it to happen or moping about things in the past.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-22-2017, 04:17 PM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

M is for Memories. Old and new memories can aid us in our recovery. Memories prior to recovery, memories when we came into recovery, and memories of our journey up to our journey now in today.

We can remember the 'remember whens' but we can remember the good times too. Life wasn't all bad; if we focus on the negative, we will surely bring ourselves down. Focus on the good times. Look at how far you have come and not at how much more you have to go. This is a one day at a time program, if you aren't enjoying your recovery, what are you doing wrong.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:19 AM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

M is for More. Before recovery, it was more of what I am having, more of what you are having that I can talk you out of, and more of anything else that comes my way.

In recovery, it was more meetings, more picking up the phone, more time to sit quiet and read literature. But most important of all, learning how to work the Steps and apply them to my life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-24-2017, 01:00 PM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

M is for Me. It is okay to be me. It is okay to be in the space I am in today and I need to accept it in order to move forward. I don't have to justify my action or my very existence. That is how I felt before recovery. So grateful for this program. It gave me back myself.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-25-2017, 06:11 PM   #12
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

M is for Make. Make someone happy. Reach out and help others, give them a word or a smile. Sometimes all they need is someone to listen to them.

Through giving to others, we will find that we have joy in our own lives. What goes around comes around, what we put out will come back to us.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:13 PM   #13
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

M is for Make. Make the most of each day. Let go of things that no longer serve you. If you want to feel really good, make a meeting. Meeting makers make it in recovery.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-28-2017, 08:12 PM   #14
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

M is for Misdemeanor. Had to check the spelling on that. I need to do a Step 10 inventory to see if I miss stepped and hurt someone. Where did I go a wrong? Did I handle situations the right way? Do I ever ask myself the question, "What would Jesus do?"

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:55 PM   #15
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

M is for Might. This reminds me of the old nursery rhyme that said, "Wish I may, wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight." My wish for you is a happy 24 hours of sobriety. I might not achieve my goals if I don't follow the principles of the program and get involved with service in my group and in the community. I need to take my recovery out of the rooms and apply it to all aspects of my life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply