Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2016, 09:39 PM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
JUST FOR TODAY!

Living

"Doing our best, living each day to the fullest is the art of living. Yesterday is gone, and we don't know whether we will be here tomorrow. If we do a good job of living today, and tomorrow comes for us, then the chances are we will do a good job when it arrives -- so why worry about it? "The A.A. way of life is the way we always should have tried to live."

© 2001, Alcoholics Anonymous, page 357

THOUGHT FOR TODAY: written in 2004

Living in today is so important. When we keep looking at our past, we carry a burden which makes life in today very difficult and we carry extra baggage which makes for a tiresome journey.

When we do a fourth and fifth, we unleash a lot of that past, and as it appears in today, we can deal with it a piece at a time, instead of carrying all those attitudes and actions with us.

If I project into the future, all I have is the past to base my perception on, and this is a disease of 'perception' so what I am doing, is not living in reality and I find myself back in the worlld of illusion and doubts, along with the fears and the boogie men of my old life.

When we live in the moment, live in today, we have the opportunity to 'live' and the freedom of recovery.
Here I am, 14 years later, still living in the moment. Some days I have to check on my computer as to what day it is. How time does fly. I used for so long trying to make time disappear. I couldn't stand to be alone with myself. I didn't know how to fill up a day, and now there are not enough hours in a day.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply