Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Overwhelmed With Joy

OVERWHELMED WITH JOY

We have the ability to control what we think and do. We all have the ability to choose. We can choose sadness or joy. We can choose to focus on God or not. We can choose to live in obedience to Him or do what we want. When we choose to be overwhelmed with joy that only comes from God, we will begin to see the good in life. We will begin to feel God’s presence. We will want to read His word, share it with others and we will overflow with joy so others can experience God as well.

Isaiah 61:10 “I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God! For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. I am like a bridegroom dressed for his wedding or a bride with her jewels.” (NLT)

Dear Lord, it is so overwhelming to be filled with joy from You. Your presence and Your word are able to consume us so we will want to sing praises to You and worship You. Completely fill us with joy today that only comes from You. Show us how to be joyful in all things as you have commanded us to do. We know all who follow Your ways will be joyful. Give us the awareness and strength to follow You today. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

We have the ability to choose if we want to be overwhelmed with joy or continue to focus on things that are not of God.

We can be overwhelmed with joy when we decide to read God’s word and obey Him.

The choice is ours. We can be overwhelmed with joy by following God or we can continue to see joy in the world and never find it.

True followers of God find joy everyday by being obedient to Him.

All who follow God’s ways will be joyful. It’s our choice if we want to follow Him or not.

Proverbs 8:32 “And so, my children, listen to me, for all who follow my ways are joyful.” (NLT)

Focus: Completely focus on God and obey Him. Then you will experience true joy.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_pu...d=FRANCESLUCAS
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply