Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Daily Gratitude

Share This Forum!  

Daily Gratitude Make sure to stop in here and share what you are grateful/thankful for today. No matter how bad our day is, there is always something to be thankful for.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-16-2015, 10:07 AM   #226
dwmoeller

Grateful to be alive and sober today.
Grateful for the nice weather.
Grateful for the internet.

Dave

dwmoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dwmoeller For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2015, 06:02 PM   #227
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful for another day of sobriety.
Grateful for the sunshine and warmer temperatures. Any day the sun shines is a good day.
Grateful I could help out my friend who needed a shoulder to lean on, an ear to listen, and a hand with a few dollars to help her out.
Grateful that I met an Al-Anon member in the mall.
Grateful for my son, who brought me some food today.
Grateful that I went to the pharmacist and told them that they had short changed me on my Lyrica. A lot of my pain was a result of not having a tablet since Sunday morning.
Grateful for freedom of choice, I need to find a healthy way to take these tablets. I am so sick and tired of being tired and sick and always in pain. Hopefully something will work.
Grateful to see Dave posting. Glad you are back with us Dave.
Grateful I got my meatloaf made, it is smelling good. I just finished peeling potatoes to have mashed with it. The only way I like potatoes heated up is to have home fries or potato cakes, because I can add onion and spice.
Grateful for those who walk this journey with me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 08:52 PM   #228
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful for another sober day. Not too sure I should say a day of sobriety, because I slept 12 hours and slept the day away.
Grateful for my son who cooked dinner. He phoned me after work and told me to go back to bed, so I did.
Grateful for meditation. Prayer works.
Grateful that tomorrow is the day of my Al-Anon meeting. I hope I am functioning well enough to go there.
Grateful for TV and shows like The Chew, which helps me with my cooking skills.
Grateful for this site, that I can come to any time and get what I need.
Grateful for all those who walk this journey, near and far.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:13 PM   #229
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

By the look of my posts, I have been very short on gratitude. What I haven't been is free of pain, although I am grateful that my pain has eased since I ate my dinner, done a healing meditation, and posted.

Grateful for the site.
Grateful for my God.
Grateful for my son.
Grateful that this program is one day at a time.
Grateful for all those who walk this program with me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-26-2015, 11:19 PM   #230
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful for another day, even though I slept through most of it.
Grateful that I woke in time to make my meatloaf for dinner. I didn't want pasta and sauce, not much cheese in the house.
Grateful that tomorrow is pay day.
Grateful for the sun even though I didn't see much of it yesterday, it is suppose to rain today and tomorrow.
Grateful that I was up and able to do my posts, even though my ankles are like balloons. I took a fluid pill, and as a result, the pressure and pain have gone from my ankles, so hopefully, I can now go to sleep.
Grateful for each day and the gifts it brings. Old posts bring me food for my soul.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-26-2015, 11:27 PM   #231
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Wrote the above post on another site last night and tomorrow came early and started again.

Grateful for another day.
Grateful that it didn't rain.
Grateful that I woke up in time to go shopping.
Grateful for the two hour nap I got when I got home.
Grateful that I met the girl I went through treatment with. I have been sad since I met her. She chooses to continue in active addiction. I gave her a hug and sent a prayer for her.
Grateful that my other friend who I went through treatment with is sober in today, and even though she has other issues, I am glad to have her back in my life. I phoned her to let her know our friend was still alive. Where there is life, there is hope.
Grateful that we can share and reach out to others in times of need.
Grateful that my God is always giving and forgiving.
Grateful for the many blessings of the day. Saw two other gentleman, one in the program and one who chose to go back out.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:06 PM   #232
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful for another day.
Grateful that I got to go on the bus trip to get Chinese food. It was a big risk for me. It was with people in my building, most of them were nameless to me. They were not recovery people, but Earthlings.
Grateful that I got to eat a lot of good food.
Grateful when I caught myself complaining because I wasn't told that the bus home wasn't coming for two hours after we eat. If I had known, I would have taken my walker. I just used my cane, thought we were just getting on and off the bus.
Grateful that I went even though I came home in a lot of pain. Thanks to posting, I think I can now lay down and go to sleep.
Grateful that my body has recovered enough to want to lie down.
Grateful that it was a beautiful sunshiny day.
Grateful for all of you who walk this journey with me. Sorry for the days I missed. I am afraid that some of them were not so grateful. Grateful that it didn't cause me to relapse. I can lapse without picking up the drug, but it is easy to go back to the old thinking and behaviours.
Grateful for all God's Children in today. Pay it forward.

This is one of my all time favourite picture. May the Light continue to glow in your life, especially during this upcoming holiday season.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:26 PM   #233
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful that I found some good sales prices, especially in the meat dept. for my chicken, boneless spareribs, and flank steak.
Grateful that the sun was shining. I stopped every once in a while to and from downtown to soak up it's rays.
Grateful that I ran into 3 people I knew from recovery.
Grateful that I got the latest Catherine Coulter book in.
Grateful I was able to check it out as I have a couple of other express books that are due in a week.
Grateful that I can still read. I was doing so much reading, I had to put drops in my eyes and take a time out. It pays to listen to yourself. Glad I didn't ignore the situation, which I can quite often do, because I want to read that book. Sounds like an addiction to me! A long time one, I have 19 books out and 14 books on order.
Grateful that each day is a new beginning, and I can try again another day to be the best me I can be in today.
Grateful for all those who walk this journey with me in today.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:17 AM   #234
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful for another day of sobriety. So far, God and I seem to be on the same page.
Grateful that I got lead to go to my old site The Five As.
Grateful that my son made some cinnamon buns and decided to share a couple with me.
Grateful that the sun is shining. I can't go out in it because of my feet, but I can at least see it out the window.
Grateful that I was able to wake up to post this morning, even if a day starts any time. Thinking of going back to bed and starting this one again. I went to bed with no pain and woke up with a lot of pain, hence all the posting.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:44 AM   #235
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful for another day. By the looks of things, I has been short in supply. If I don't have a long list, I feel there is something wrong with me. My spirituality is in short supply.
Grateful for the thought that keeps coming up, make some oatmeal cookies.
Grateful for the energy to post today. Will be even more grateful if I have enough energy to clean my kitchen.
Grateful for the food in my home and that I have a choice as to what I eat in today.
Grateful that I finished my book, it wasn't large print and difficult for me to read in my old age. LOL! I just have to force myself when it is James Patterson, Faye and/or John Kellerman, Michael Connelly, Lee Child just to name a few.
Grateful for the little things, always try to recognize them and say "Thank You." It isn't good to be too busy or complacent to notice them.
Grateful my son has a job. He is much easier to be around.
Grateful for all who walk this journey with me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:11 PM   #237
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful for another day, even though it started very late.
Grateful that my blueberry muffins that I made Wednesday night turned out okay. I added some extra Vanilla and some nutmeg to the muffin mix.
Grateful that my pain has eased. I don't have the harsh and sharp pains I was having, just an ache which is much more manageable.
Grateful that my chicken stew will be there to make tomorrow even though I didn't feel like making it today.
Grateful for the gift of friends.
Grateful that I have a computer that seems to be working better since Windows did an update.
Grateful that it is the season to be jolly. Didn't feel so Ho! Ho! Ho! when I woke up at 5 p.m. instead of 5 a.m. I didn't go to sleep until about 7 a.m., but even so, much, much too much sleep. Maybe making up for lost time???
Grateful that even when I start thinking "More!" I don't have to use. Not so grateful that I am taking my dinner meds at 10 p.m. because my day is turned around.
Grateful that there is a solution. I will turn everything over to my HP and ask for help.
Grateful for all of you who walk this journey with me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-12-2015, 09:41 PM   #238
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful for another day, even though it started late.
Grateful that my son cooked dinner.
Grateful that his hamburger's were the best I have tasted in a long time.
Grateful that I have choices. Just for today, I choose not to use.
Grateful that I finished my book.
Grateful for curling.
Grateful that tennis isn't on at the same time, it generally is. It will be in January. Oh well, one day at a time.
Grateful that the weather has been milder and we have no snow, although I do like a white Christmas.
Grateful for today, it is what I make of it. Instead of wishing for what I don't have, I need to look at what I do have and be grateful.
Grateful for all those who walk this journey with me. I am truly blessed.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:50 AM   #239
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful that I got three loads of laundry done.
Grateful that I had enough clothes to see myself through my procrastination.
Grateful that the laundry wasn't too busy.
Grateful for friends, especially if they call just because.
Grateful for the food we eat. A neighbour gave me a package of blueberry/apple sauce he bought, but decided he didn't want to try it, so asked if I would eat it rather than throw it in the garbage.
Grateful that the weather is mild even though they forecast rain. It is suppose to go up to the mid 50s tomorrow.
Grateful that when you make a decision, you can make another decision and change your mind.
Grateful for the internet. It is good to be able to look things up to make healthy decision.
Grateful that I have the fixings for oatmeal cookies. That is my goal for the week.
Grateful for all who walk this journey with me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:15 AM   #240
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful that my son is feeling better and can walk upright.
Grateful that we have a great chiropractor who we get to see today.
Grateful that I finished my express book. I have two more of them to read before I can get to my new reader.
Grateful that American Idol is starting again, sad that it is the last season.
Grateful that the same people are back together, they were fun.
Grateful for TV, although I went two years without it. I would miss my books more than I would the television.
Grateful for the food I have to eat. God is very good to me.
Grateful for all of you, thanks for walking this journey with me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply