Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2014, 06:33 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Acceptance

Quote:
"Learn the art of acceptance. It's a lot of grief."

Codependent No More

Everytime there is change in my life, I need to accept that there is a grieving process that goes with it.

Whether it is a change in a relationship with a loved one, a boss, a group of people, a boundary, a habit, it all adds up to finding acceptance of where I am at, and when I can come to that place, then I can take action to bring about the change I need to make.

Change is never easy. It generally comes from a comfort zone that we don't want to let go of.

It has been my experience in recent relationships that I have become aware of abuse and have had to detach from the person, place or thing. I do not accept abuse today. Before in my life I thought it was just a part of life. Whether it is a control issues, isolation from others, verbal and mental abuse, I needed to accept the fact that I was worthwhile and not deserving of such treatment.

Acceptance of what is in the moment, allows me to just be, and connects me to my HP, and I am able to move forward as my life unfolds. I become aware of what is, and what comes into my life so I can live a much more healthier, spiritual, and happier life.

Posted by me in 2007 on another site
It is so difficult to practice acceptance when it comes to my son and his disease. I don't question he has it and his actions, he is a mirror of my old behaviour(s). I have trouble accepting his decision not to do anything about it and the fact he keeps going back into active addiction after being in treatment 5 times. It just shows you can go through the motions and know what to do, but not willing to accept and apply it to his life.

Acceptance is the key to all of my problems in today, especially if there are roots still embedded in my past and I am not willing to address the issues.

I need acceptance because it is part of the growth process to move forward and to grow.

The Five As: Awareness, Admittance, Acceptance, Attitude and Action.

I not only have to accept my disease on all levels (mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical), I have to learn to accept myself in today, knowing that all people, places, and things are subject to change.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply