Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 7/18

When there is nothing left but God, that is when you find out God is all you need.

When I turn my will and my life over to the care of God in the morning, the rest of my day is none of my business.

H E L P = His Ever-Loving Presence

In spite of your tears, determine to continue to put your hope in God and praise Him for being there when you need Him.

My Pain is Strong~~But God is Stronger

God is our sure and steadfast help, no matter our circumstances.

God's family has room for everyone.

God uses the valleys of our lives to strengthen our faith so we can help others through difficult times.

God's plans for us are even better than we can imagine.

The light of God's Son in your heart will put his sunshine in your face.

Jesus is a friend who walks in when the world has walked out.

Like a babe born to a family, or bud on a stem, God brought me forth into His family. Thank You, Lord, for choosing me, for drawing me irresistibly, to be Your child.

Remember, God loves you.

FAITHFUL INSTRUCTIONS Author Unknown
There was a man who got lost in the desert. After wandering around for a long time his throat became very dry, about that time he saw a little shack in the distance. He made his way over to the shack and found a water pump with a small jug of water and a note.
The note read: "pour all the water into the top of the pump to prime it, if you do this you will get all the water you need". Now the man had a choice to make, if he trusted the note and poured the water in and it worked he would have all the water he needed. If it didn’t work he would still be thirsty and he might die. Or he could choose to drink the water in the jug and get immediate satisfaction, but it might not be enough and he still might die. After thinking about it the man decided to risk it. He poured the entire jug into the pump and began to work the handle, at first nothing happened and he got a little scared but he kept going and water started coming out. So much water came out he drank all he wanted, took a shower, and filled all the containers he could find. Because he was willing to give up momentary satisfaction, he got all the water he needed. Now the note also said: after you have finished, please refill the jug for the next traveller.” The man refilled the jug and added to the note: “ Please prime the pump, believe me it works”!
We have the same choice to make, do we hold on to what we have because we don’t believe there are better things in store for us, and settle for immediate satisfaction? Or do we trust God and give up all that we have to get what God has promised us? I think the choice is obvious. We need to pour in all the water, trust God with everything.
Then once we have experienced what God has to offer, the living water, we need to tell other people, “Go ahead and prime the pump. Believe me, it works”!

Eagles in the Storm Author Unknown
Did you know that an eagle knows when a storm is approaching long before it breaks? The eagle will fly to some high spot and wait for the winds to come. When the storm hits, it sets its wings so that the wind will pick it up and lift it above the storm. While the storm rages, below the eagle is soaring above it. The eagle does not escape the storm. It simply uses the storm to lift it higher. It rises on the winds that bring the storm.
When the storms of life come upon us ... and all of us will experience them...we can rise above them by setting our minds and our belief toward God.
The storms do not have to overcome us. We can allow God's power to lift us above them. God enables us to ride the winds of the storm that bring sickness, tragedy, failure, and disappointment into our lives. We can soar above the storm. Remember, it is not the burdens of life that weigh us down, it is how we handle them.
"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on the wings like eagles." Isaiah 40:31a

BUT IT'S A DRY HEAT - lies of the devil by Russ Lawson
Having been raised in the Mid-West I had always heard the saying, "It's a dry heat," but never really gave it much thought.
Living in the West now, we hear it quite often. In fact today on the weather they were talking about the 106 degree temperature going on for several days and the weather forecaster said, "But, it's a dry heat", like that was supposed to make it all better somehow. Being curious by nature I started thinking about that and thought I would try and find out just what that means. Here is the explanation I finally found, "When the humidity is high, sweat doesn't evaporate as much, and so our body loses some of the cooling effect that the evaporation of sweat provides".
I'm sorry, but when it is 106 degrees, it is just plain hot and I really don't like it! Give me 70 degrees and I'm in my comfort zone. (Apologies to my family that live in Phoenix, but it is still hot).
What is it with these sayings we hear repeatedly and do we even really think about what they mean. I heard a story about Satan coming to a man and trying to buy his soul with earthly pleasures. The man was almost convinced, but after thinking about it said, "I really don't think I could stand the fire in hell." To which Satan said, "But it's a dry heat!"
You know the devil is great at twisting things around to make bad things seem good. He's had lots of practice. All the way back in the Garden of Eden in the book of Genesis, he twisted God's commands to not eat of the fruit of The Knowledge of Good and Evil. He convinced Eve that she would become like God if she just broke this one little rule. Eve responded in Genesis 3:3-5, but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.'" Satan twisted that, "You will not certainly die," the serpent (the Devil) said to the woman. "For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
You see, by just adding one word, "not" he changed the whole meaning of God's word…. Just three letters, one little word and mankind has suffered ever since. But that's OK, after all, "it's a dry heat," isn't it?
Let me suggest that we be real careful when it comes to listening to the things the World or Satan tells us is OK. Because, everything we want to do is not OK with God. There are laws and commands of God that direct us in the way we are to live here on earth. The next time you are tempted to break one of God's rules, just remember that Satan is whispering in your ear, "but it is a dry heat."

Encouragement by Dick Innes
"Let us encourage one another." (Hebrews 10:25)
One writer observed a mother walking with a small handicapped child whose both legs were in braces. He was having a difficult time but his mother was right there with him encouraging him at every step.
"That's great! You're doing splendidly," she kept repeating.
"I want to run," the boy called.
"Very well, try it," his mother encouraged enthusiastically. As he did, he tripped and almost fell and would have except his mother was right there beside him and caught him so he wouldn't hurt himself. "You did fine," she said again, "and next time you will do even better."
God, too, knows our limitations. He sees our brokenness and doesn't expect us to be able to make it alone. He knows we can't run with a broken leg. He also knows we can't live the Christian life without help and encouragement. He wants us to know that he is right there beside us to encourage us to keep trying and to keep growing and become stronger.
God also knows that we need supporting friends to encourage us, to help keep us on track, and to keep us accountable-as none of us can make it alone.
Suggested prayer: "Dear God, help me to be an encouraging and supporting friend to the people you bring into my life. And help me not to be too proud or afraid to ask for help when I need a friend to lean on. And thank you that I can always ask for and receive your help as needed. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully in Jesus' name, amen."

The Fearsome Four by John Stuart
Acts 24:8 – By examining him yourself you will be able to learn the truth about all these charges we are bringing against him. (NIV)
I don't know what I did that was so wrong, but the headmaster at my elementary school didn't like me. I must have been impertinent or had gotten into trouble for something. When a substitute teacher came to look after our class for a while, the headmaster came in with her. As he introduced her to all of the students, he asked four boys to stand up. I was one of them.
"Keep a close eye on these four," he said. "They are the troublemakers in this class. If they give you any problems, send them directly to me. I know these kind of boys. They will never make anything good of themselves."
I was totally embarrassed and didn't know what to say or do. For the next couple of weeks, the substitute teacher came down hard on the fearsome four. I never hated school so much in my life, and I nursed my anger against the headmaster for a long, long time.
Twenty years later, I was officiating at a funeral in my parish. The deceased's brother happened to be my old headmaster. He hadn't a clue who I was and I desperately wanted to tell him that he had been so wrong in condemning me all those years ago. But I didn't, because he had become an old, bitter man, who was alienated from the rest of his family. As soon as his brother's funeral was over, he left without saying a word. I felt sorry for him. My anger against him dissolved, and it turned into pity.
Paul was falsely accused by the religious leaders and Roman authorities of stirring up dissension and causing riots. He was unjustly imprisoned and held without trial for a long time. But even although things were stacked against him, Paul didn't allow the circumstances to diminish his faith. Instead, in all the years that he was a prisoner, he used that time to write some beautiful letters of faith and to spread the gospel throughout the Mediterranean. Those letters were cherished so much by the churches who received them that they have become an important part of our New Testament today.
Perhaps we are feeling bad because someone has upset us, or has said something about us that isn't true. Perhaps we feel angry or bitter about some injustice in our life. We would do well not let it rule over our hearts, minds, or souls. Years of anger only wear us down and make us bitter. Let's take it to Jesus in prayer, and then allow Him to transform our feelings into something more positive, more forgiving, more understanding. By doing this, we will grow in faith and become better Christians.
Lord Jesus, sometimes we find it hard to deal with criticism, especially when it is unfounded and unjust. Strengthen our spirits so that we may endure such things, and not be overwrought, overwhelmed, or overcome by them. Bless those who unjustly criticize us, and help us to forgive them. In Your holy name, we pray. Amen.

Caring For Your Soul
There is a golf course, or should I say, there was a golf course in our community. The course was once a fairly popular private golf course and country club which included a club house, swimming pool, and tennis courts. The course closed at the end of last year.
Although the decision to close the course had been made more than a year before the actual closing, the maintenance workers had done a good job of taking care of the course right up to the closing. Fairways were mowed. Greens were cared for. Sand traps never were great, but they tried to take care of them. That was then. That was less than six months ago.
To see the course now one has to remind oneself that six months ago it was a functioning golf course. The hard lingering winter, heavy spring rains, and lack of care has transformed the course into an abandoned forgotten tract of land that may someday be turned into a park or green space. The downward transformation did not take long.
In a matter of months fairways have been covered with weeds, great clusters of clover, and wind blown trees. Fallen limbs and trees that once would have been cleaned up have been left along cart paths and the edge of fairways. Greens are now filled with weeds and gopher trails. Carl Spackler where are you?
For a golfer who enjoyed an occasional round on the old course and taking photographs of the beautiful colors of fall this is a sad sight. But there are things in our lives that can take a downward turn quickly when the proper care and attention are discontinued.
When a couple fails to give their marriage appropriate time and attention the relationship can begin to suffer quickly.
When one stops giving attention to his physical condition — stops eating healthy foods, stops exercising, stops getting proper rest — his body will suffer and serious health problems can develop.
When an employee fails to give his or her job the attention it needs not only can his or her position with the company be jeopardized, but the company itself can be affected.
When leaders of a church fail to give the love and care that the people under their care need and deserve the whole body will suffer.
When one fails to feed his soul with spiritual food and receive the nourishment of a healthy spiritual family he will grow weak and vulnerable and easy prey for attacks from the Enemy.
This passage from the New Testament book of Hebrews emphasizes the importance of providing care and encouragement for one another:
See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end. (Hebrews 3:12-14, NIV)
Now the questions. Are you taking care of yourself? Are you feeding your soul? Are you nurturing your relationships? Are you fulfilling your role as a fellow believer? If you are, good! Please continue and look for more opportunities to increase your efforts. If you are not, please consider this a warning from someone who cares for your soul — even though I may not know you — I care. You need to take care of yourself and your relationships…especially your relationship with the Lord. It doesn’t take long to see the negative consequences.
Please start today. Please do not stop. Please look around at those you love and if they need your help, your support, your love, or your encouragement, give it. If you need these same things from them, ask for them.
Good news! Someone has worked over the last few weeks to do some mowing and cleaning of debris. On a recent walk I could see significant evidence that the beautiful piece of earth is not being totally forgotten. Today I learned that next weekend the old course will be the site of a Disc Golf Tournament. Supposed to be a big deal. Glad the beautiful piece of earth is being used for something good and being cared for. I am certain many of you have been losing sleep over the status of this former golf course, so I wanted you to rest easier.
The reason I walk by or through that golf course is because I am concerned about my health…physical health, mental health and spiritual health. Noticing how we sometimes abuse or neglect the earth, reminds me of how I sometimes abuse or neglect my body and my soul. When I neglect or abuse my body and my soul I suffer the consequences.
I offer these three “Rs” that I find helpful in caring for my soul.
Relax. This may involve relax sitting on my deck with a morning cup of coffee. It may involve sitting on a beach with a cup of coffee. It may involve sitting in my office at my desk with a cup of coffee. (Coffee is important to my relaxation.) This may take place on a Sunday afternoon in our living room with a ballgame, or a golf tournament, or a mindless sitcom on the television. Feet propped up on the ottoman. Head back, mouth open, eyes closed. Relaxed.
Relaxation may take place on a golf course. It may involve taking a long walk along a serene path. Before my knees and ankles starting talking back to me it often involved a good long run.
Whatever is relaxing for you, do it often and regularly. Some people fish. Some people hunt. Some people cook. Some people eat (take it easy on that one). Some people like to read novels. Some people like to write. Some play a musical instrument. Some work on cars.
Find what relaxes you and do it. Do not make it a chore. The object is to relax.
Reflect. This also often involves having a cup of hot coffee in a quiet place. Often it involves a pen and a journal, or my Day One journal on my laptop. The key for me is to write. Write about my week. Write about my day. Write about what troubles me. Write about what brings me joy. Write about frustrations. Write about disappointments, failures, hopes or dreams. These articles are often the result a time of reflection when I simply started writing about what was on my mind.
If I wake in the middle of the night and cannot go back to sleep I get up and journal about whatever is on my mind. Once I have emptied my I can lay back down and fall right off to sleep.
Failure to time to reflect is one of the tragic losses of our fast pace, get-me-on-to-the-next-thing world we live in. By reflection I simply suggest that you take some time after finishing a project, transitioning from a major event in your, or a the ending of a relationship spend time in quiet reflection. What was good about it? What was bad about it? What did I enjoy? What did I hate about it? Sometimes it is nothing more than honestly expressing my feelings about a life event.
Refuel. If you spend all your time relaxing and reflecting people may call you a lazy day-dreaming bum. You will not accomplish much. To refuel means to regroup, to retool, to refresh your spirit and restore your soul so that you can get back into action. Without the refueling you may never get back in the game.
You are not designed to be constantly overbooked, overextended, and fatigued. The refueling process is where we regain our energy. Refueling involves allowing yourself time to recover and plan your next move.
We need times of relaxation, reflection, and refueling. If we fail to refuel we will forget our purpose of being: To know and help others know Jesus.
When I neglect my body and soul by failing to to relax, reflect, and refuel I am more likely to become overwhelmed, overcommitted, overstressed, overextended, frustrated, fearful, frazzled, and fragile. That is not a good way for me to be. How is your soul? --Tom

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
This is a time when you can deal effectively with disappointment, but you must first recognize that it stems from presumption and false hope. I would have you come into spiritual reality through true discernment and not conjecture based on the desires of your soul. You are in a season of maturity where you can leave childish pretending behind and actually fulfill your kingdom position and do the work I have assigned to you, says the Lord. Be in the flow of My Spirit. 1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Be who you are. Be genuine. There is no need to try to gain the approval of others through pretense. True acceptance comes from Me. A lack of sincerity will derail spiritual discernment and will interfere with your relationship with Me, says the Lord. Be honest in expressing your feelings, thoughts and intentions. 2 Corinthians 1:12 For our boasting is this: the testimony of our conscience that we conducted ourselves in the world in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom but by the grace of God, and more abundantly toward you.

There are new possibilities on the horizon. Take this time to prepare yourself by re-evaluating your priorities. I speak to you in terms of spiritual reality and eternal values, which ultimately must take precedence over all things worldly and temporary. Rise up to new heights where you can truly live in the Spirit, says the Lord. 2 Corinthians 4:18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

In your spiritual progression, you must do first things first. Just take the next step as I direct you. Your steps have to be in order. When you refuse to do that which is in your spiritual flow now, your progress will be hindered or even stopped until you accomplish what I have set before you, says the Lord. Let Me lead you. Let Me direct your steps. Psalms 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way.

It is time for expansion. Break out of the mold, and transcend old limitations so that you can operate outside the box. Be done with the fear that is rooted in false assumptions. Be revitalized. Be courageous and bold. Trust Me to lead you in the ways of refreshment and renewal, says the Lord. You will be delighted with the results. Psalm 103:2-5 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I hear the Lord speaking, and He says, I see you, I hear you and I know you. I know your motives, actions, and your activities. I know when you have the Spirit of wisdom working on your behalf so that you can rise up into a position of victory. Don't forget that I see you where you are. I know you and the attitudes that you have in those moments. I know your manner of warfare or the lack thereof. I know you from the rising of the sun to the setting of it, and I know you in the night seasons. I have heard you. Please understand that when you believe all that is in My word, as brought to you by the Spirit of enlightenment, you have been equipped to be an overcomer. You are equipped so that you may fight the good fight of faith and win. So what’s left to do? Win! Win the battle! Run the race! Do not give up! Do not sit down! Do not lay down! But, stand up, go forward, and I will go with you.

ALWAYS THERE Author Unknown
Hello God, I called tonight
To talk a little while..
I need a friend who'll listen
To my anxiety and trial...
You see, I can't quite make it
Through a day just on my own...
I need your love to guide me,
So I'll never feel alone.
I want to ask you please to keep,
My family safe and sound.
Come and fill their lives with confidence
For whatever fate they're bound.
Give me faith, dear God, to face
Each hour throughout the day,
And not to worry over things
I can't change in any way.
I thank you God, for being home
And listening to my call,
For giving me such good advice
When I stumble and fall.
Your number, God, is the only one
That answers every time.
I never get a busy signal,
Never had to pay a dime.
So thank you, God, for listening
To my troubles and my sorrow.
Good night, God, I love You, too,
And I'll call again tomorrow!

I Looked For Years by Daniel M Corkery
I looked for years
But could not see
That all my mistakes
Were caused by me
I looked for years
But could not see
All the love that surrounded me
Traveled so many different ways
Trying to justify those evil days
I looked for years
But could not see
I was an addict
Drowning in me
I used everything I could find
I was way out of my mind
I looked for years
But could not see
Farther than my nose
I was near sighted
and God knows
Self centered
and Selfish As can be
Just another addict
Who was not free
Chains bound my spirit
Back in those days
Held prisoner By
Lust
Greed
Alcohol
Drugs
Held tight
Did not know
To get free
I had to let go
Looked for years
But could not see
My biggest problem was me
Altered reality kept me blind
I look for years but could not find
Any peace or serenity
Guilt and shame
Was all I could see
Sick and tired Of
Being sick and tired
I turned to the fellowship
The place where love abides
No one there needs to hide
Honest
Open
Willing
I started to see
Opened my eyes
To reality
No longer bound
I was now free
I thank my God
For helping me to see
Peace
Serenity
Humility
Now dwells Inside of me
Thanks to my Sponsor
And God
I can now see

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Matthew 6:21

Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself. James 2:17

I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. Lamentations 3:19-26

Do good to your servant according to your word, O Lord. Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I believe in your commands. Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word. You are good, and what you do is good; teach me your decrees. Psalm 119:65-68

For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are. Nothing in all creation can hide from him. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes. This is the God to whom we must explain all that we have done. Hebrews 4:12-13

The righteous man shall live by faith. Romans 1:17

Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." Mark 10:27

Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not put out the Spirit's fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil. May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and
through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it. Brothers, pray for us. Greet all the brothers with a holy kiss. I charge you before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. 1 Thessalonians 5:12-28

I Will Never Forsake You! Author Unknown
"God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you!" (Hebrews 13:5)
In the original Greek, the word "never" is actually a compounding of five negatives. It really should read, "I will never, no, not ever, no never leave you or forsake you!" It is a synergistic compounding negative. It's a forever never which has no exceptions!
What does the word "leave" mean? In the original Greek it means "to leave behind, to abandon, to give up on, to send back." So far, then, this verse will read: "I will never, no not ever, no never leave you behind, abandon you, give up on you, or send you back!"
What does "forsake" mean? In the Greek it means, "to leave one in a helpless state, to disregard." It also can be further expanded to include "not relaxing my watchfulness over you." So, this verse, in the full, amplified version reads: "I will never, no not ever, no never give up on you, abandon you, leave you behind, cause you not to survive, leave you helpless, nor shall I ever relax concerning keeping my presence with you!"
In other words, we can relax. God will always be there for us!

St. Francis of Assisi's prayer in praise of God
You are holy, Lord, the only God, and Your deeds are wonderful. You are strong. You are great. You are the Most High. You are Almighty. You, Holy Father are King of heaven and earth. You are Three and One, Lord God, all Good. You are Good, all Good, supreme Good, Lord God, living and true. You are love. You are wisdom. You are humility. You are endurance. You are rest. You are peace. You are joy and gladness. You are justice and moderation. You are all our riches, and You suffice for us. You are beauty. You are gentleness. You are our protector. You are our guardian and defender. You are our courage. You are our haven and our hope. You are our faith, our great consolation. You are our eternal life, Great and Wonderful Lord, God Almighty, Merciful Saviour.

Read Through The Bible
2 Chronicles 31
The Reforms of Hezekiah
1 Now when all this was finished, all Israel who were present went out to the cities of Judah and broke the sacred pillars in pieces, cut down the wooden images, and threw down the high places and the altars—from all Judah, Benjamin, Ephraim, and Manasseh—until they had utterly destroyed them all. Then all the children of Israel returned to their own cities, every man to his possession. 2 And Hezekiah appointed the divisions of the priests and the Levites according to their divisions, each man according to his service, the priests and Levites for burnt offerings and peace offerings, to serve, to give thanks, and to praise in the gates of the camp of the Lord. 3 The king also appointed a portion of his possessions for the burnt offerings: for the morning and evening burnt offerings, the burnt offerings for the Sabbaths and the New Moons and the set feasts, as it is written in the Law of the Lord. 4 Moreover he commanded the people who dwelt in Jerusalem to contribute support for the priests and the Levites, that they might devote themselves to the Law of the Lord. 5 As soon as the commandment was circulated, the children of Israel brought in abundance the firstfruits of grain and wine, oil and honey, and of all the produce of the field; and they brought in abundantly the tithe of everything. 6 And the children of Israel and Judah, who dwelt in the cities of Judah, brought the tithe of oxen and sheep; also the tithe of holy things which were consecrated to the Lord their God they laid in heaps. 7 In the third month they began laying them in heaps, and they finished in the seventh month. 8 And when Hezekiah and the leaders came and saw the heaps, they blessed the Lord and His people Israel. 9 Then Hezekiah questioned the priests and the Levites concerning the heaps. 10 And Azariah the chief priest, from the house of Zadok, answered him and said, “Since the people began to bring the offerings into the house of the Lord, we have had enough to eat and have plenty left, for the Lord has blessed His people; and what is left is this great abundance.” 11 Now Hezekiah commanded them to prepare rooms in the house of the Lord, and they prepared them. 12 Then they faithfully brought in the offerings, the tithes, and the dedicated things; Cononiah the Levite had charge of them, and Shimei his brother was the next. 13 Jehiel, Azaziah, Nahath, Asahel, Jerimoth, Jozabad, Eliel, Ismachiah, Mahath, and Benaiah were overseers under the hand of Cononiah and Shimei his brother, at the commandment of Hezekiah the king and Azariah the ruler of the house of God. 14 Kore the son of Imnah the Levite, the keeper of the East Gate, was over the freewill offerings to God, to distribute the offerings of the Lord and the most holy things. 15 And under him were Eden, Miniamin, Jeshua, Shemaiah, Amariah, and Shecaniah, his faithful assistants in the cities of the priests, to distribute allotments to their brethren by divisions, to the great as well as the small. 16 Besides those males from three years old and up who were written in the genealogy, they distributed to everyone who entered the house of the Lord his daily portion for the work of his service, by his division, 17 and to the priests who were written in the genealogy according to their father’s house, and to the Levites from twenty years old and up according to their work, by their divisions, 18 and to all who were written in the genealogy—their little ones and their wives, their sons and daughters, the whole company of them—for in their faithfulness they sanctified themselves in holiness. 19 Also for the sons of Aaron the priests, who were in the fields of the common-lands of their cities, in every single city, there were men who were designated by name to distribute portions to all the males among the priests and to all who were listed by genealogies among the Levites. 20 Thus Hezekiah did throughout all Judah, and he did what was good and right and true before the Lord his God. 21 And in every work that he began in the service of the house of God, in the law and in the commandment, to seek his God, he did it with all his heart. So he prospered.

Dear heavenly Father, help us to keep our eyes on Christ as we run the race. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply