Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-14-2014, 12:55 PM   #16
BW1
Super Moderator

Lord, Make me a woman of Thanksgiving and praise.

Dear Lord, You are my rock and my strength. When I grow weary, let me turn my thoughts and my prayers to You. When I am discouraged, restore my faith in You. Let me always trust in Your promises, Lord, and let me draw strength from those promises and from Your unending love. Amen
BW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BW1 For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 16

Prayer for the Morning

Oh God, who has created all things, seen and unseen, this day is your creation and I give thanks to live in it. I pray that I will not shut you out of the day you have made, blinded by the petty concerns of life, but that I may be always open to your presence.

I open my body to you and give thanks for your life that fills and warms every cell of it.

I open my eyes and ears to you and give thanks for the light of your Word, without which I would live in the shadow of ignorance.

I open my heart to you and give thanks for your love that fills me with compassion, understanding, and peace.

I open my soul to you and give thanks for your Spirit, who fills me with wisdom when I take a moment to listen.

All that I am, I open to you and I return to you, giving thanks every moment of my life for the blessings that fill this day. Through Christ I pray. Amen.

Meditation

[I open my eyes and ears to you.]

For Wisdom

Almighty God, I pray for wisdom in these times of uncertainty. I look deep into my heart and soul to find your truth. I pray for comfort in times of spiritual restlessness — as I journey through the murky waters of sin and self-doubt. Lord, I pray for your word to enrich my life and bring me to a closer relationship and understanding with you, through your Son, Jesus Christ. And may all your children be granted the same wisdom, comfort, and the promise of your word throughout their daily lives, that we all can gather in your house and praise you more lovingly and faithfully from this day forward. In Christ's name, Amen.

God of love, Father of all, the darkness that covered the earth has given way to the bright dawn of your Word made flesh. Make me and all who confess your holy name people of this light. Make me faithful to your Word that I may bring your life to the waiting world. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Almighty God, may I ever know the generous glow that comes with an overwhelming desire to cultivate the soul. With hope may I find the way through the darkness that leads to immortality, even if I may have to experience the weariness that may accompany it. Amen.

Lord, inspire me always to have genuine care and concern for others, and may people be as generous to me as I am to them. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your promise of protection from the enemy. Thank you for the many times that I have been spared from the evil plans of the devil. I do appreciate Your angels watching over me and my loved ones. I am grateful that no weapon formed against me prospers. Lord, I submit to You, knowing that when I resist the enemy, he must flee from me. Thank you for answering me when I am in trouble and showing me the way out and how to overcome every problem that I face. Lord, help all of Your people to know the promise of Your power to keep us from harm. Strengthen our faith to trust You in all of our ways. Amen.

Lord our God, we come seeking to find community with you and ask you to keep us in your truth throughout all that occupies us in our daily lives. Keep us from growing confused about truths we have already found through the witness of your Spirit in our hearts. Keep us in your truth so that we can hold firmly to our course on earth under the many hardships and burdens that try to drag us down. Help us to remain steady and to find the path that goes straight ahead, leading us on and on to your final goal. Amen.

Dear Father, how I love thee. Thank you for this day. Allow me to see the beauty and wonder that your loving hands have created.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 04-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 17

Heavenly Father, I bind my mind to the mind of Christ, my will to the will of God and my emotions to the control of the Holy Spirit. I choose to walk according to the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus, setting my mind on the things of the Spirit. To be spiritually minded is life and peace. I count myself dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Amen.

My Father, may I not miss my work through indifference and feel it is thy neglect of me. May I be reminded that the enrichment of life comes through persistency and being consistent, and may not be found on the idle paths of extravagant ways. Help me to take up my work with a willing spirit and give my best to it. Amen.

Lord, give me patience and tolerance with everyone. Lord, show me how to be kind and generous to everyone. Lord, help me to live positively and cheerfully. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am so grateful that I know You. You have blessed me greatly, and I am thankful for that goodness toward me. Father, strengthen me to daily walk in obedience to Your commandments. Lord, help me also to be sensitive to the needs of others. I desire to be a giver and reach out and help those who are poor. Help me not to ever demean or look down on those who are less fortunate than I am, but rather let me lift them up and give them hope and encouragement. Help me to trust You for daily provision and to give of those things that I do have. I can always share a smile, encouragement, faith, love and prayers with others. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, I ask for your help as I face today. Please help me and guide me so I may do the right things.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:05 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 18

Dear Lord, I want to try my wings, to soar; but first, teach me to walk in Your steps, finding that my only real security lies in being in the center of Your will. Only then can my spirit take wings; only then can I be free to become what You want me to be. Only then will I be able to soar in oneness with You, and find an inner peace that transcends my circumstances.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord God, help me in all my circumstances, and be with me in my daily work. Help me in my efforts, as I endeavor to attain, and may my will be hid in thine. Amen.

Lord our God, you give different gifts to each of us and you are pleased when we use our gifts well. Inspire each of us to reach our potential and use our gifts for the benefit of others. Enable us by the power of your Spirit to grow in faith and in imagination and creativity, living a life for others that is worthwhile. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am thankful for Your mercy and truth each day. Thank you for forgiving me and being patient with me when I fail You. I ask for the desire to be more diligent in my prayer life. I need help in my own life and I also need the burden to pray for others who need Your help. I lift up my brothers and sisters in the Lord and ask that You minister to each of them in the area of their lives where they have the greatest need. Encourage those who are weary, give faith to those who are losing hope, grant strength to the weak and health to the sick. Bless all of Your children and keep us all from evil. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you that you know us all and that you look deep into our hearts, watching over us in everything we go through, whether easy or difficult. We thank you that we do not stand alone but that you hear the smallest sigh of each of your children. We thank you that darkness must give way to light, distress to joy, and fear to strength and courage. For you lead us through everything; it is what you bring about from your future world, not anything within our sight, that gives us strength and courage and that endures through everything. We thank you from our hearts for your unending gifts, and we are amazed that it was possible for us to receive all this from you. Protect us and keep us childlike, so that we remain in the fellowship that the Lord Jesus has given us, singing praise to him and to the glory and honor of your name. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for all you have done. Please help me and calm the fear in my heart and help me to see the brightness in a future that is unclear.

Revive us again, to thine be the glory. May we be refreshed by the ever refilling of the Holy Spirit. May our souls and spirit sing out of the grace of our everlasting father. Amen. God go with us as we join together in the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ . May we renewed in our strength and fervor as we share the good news once again with the nations of people who need to know you. For what you have done for us at the cross, for the revival of your people and for those things which are to come we give you our thanks, honor and praise and glory belongs to you. Amen

Thank You, Father

Thank you, Father, for bread and meat.
Thank you for the friends we meet.
Thank you for our Moms and Dads.
Thank you for the love we have.
Thank you for our work and play.
Thank you for another day.
In Jesus' name.
Amen.

Morning Light - For this new morning with its light, For rest and shelter of the night, For health and food, for love and friends. For everything Thy goodness sends, We thank Thee, dearest Lord. Amen.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:54 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 19

O God and Father of all, whom the whole heavens adore: Let the whole earth also worship you, all nations obey you, all tongues confess and bless you, and men and women everywhere love you and serve you in peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord, I pray, Amen.

Father, I thank You for loving me. I have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear, but I receive the Spirit of adoption by whom I cry out, “Abba Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with my spirit that I am a child of God, and if a child then an heir—heir of God and a joint heir with Christ, if indeed I suffer with Him, that I may also be glorified together with Him. Father, I love You because You first love me. Amen

Dear Lord, You have said: "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full."* ... Help me to realize the significance of Your message -- all that You really want from me is the joy that You experienced on earth, as You lived out the Father's will; You want me to find that same joy. In short, You want what is best for me, and what will bring me to enjoy eternal life with You! ... I may take wrong turns, or I may have to mark time. You may let me suffer illness, hardships or ridicule. However, You never give up in trying to help me to discover that my real fulfillment will only be found in You! ... The choice is mine, isn't it? Help me to truly want all that You desire so uniquely for me!

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (John 15:11)

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your many promises of blessings. I am thankful that You are my refuge and I can run to You when I am in trouble. I am also grateful that You keep me from the traps of the devil. Lord, I do love You, and I ask that You cleanse my heart from any thing that is not like You. Strengthen me to walk worthy before You and my fellow men. Lord, restore the "fear of the Lord" to Your people today. Lord, forgive us when, in certain areas, we have become too casual about the things of God. Instill in us, Your people, a reverential fear of Your Holy Name and Word. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, accept our thanks today for all you allow us to learn and to receive from you. Help us, your children, to follow the Savior with a right spirit and with true understanding. Protect us from evil, from all the works of Satan. In our generation may we experience your rulership and your wonders. In the name of Jesus we pray, reveal yourself with power. May your will be done on earth as in heaven, that men may realize they are in your hands and that it is your will to set everything right. Be with us this night. Bless and strengthen us for all the work entrusted to us. Amen.

Father, I belong to you. I place myself anew in your hands and acknowledge you as Master and Lord of my life. Grant me the gift of a forgiving heart and cleanse me of any anger, hostility, or revenge. Heal my hurts and teach me to rely on your love. Grant me wisdom of heart and strengthen me by your grace to move on in faith, in trust, and in love. Thank you, Lord, for your love in my life.

May the grace of Christ, our Savior, And the Father's boundless love, With the Holy Spirit's favor, Rest upon us from above.

Thus may we abide in union With each other and the Lord And possess, in sweet communion, Joys which earth cannot afford. Amen.

To Be Free From Worry
Jim & Kaye Johns
Father, I'm praying that (name one or more) and others in my circle of family and friends will be free from worry...

Help them not worry when things don't go the way they expect. Jesus said we're not to fret, not to worry, not to let our hearts be troubled or afraid. He said we're to trust in You— and also in Him. May it be so in their lives and ministry, no matter how impossible things seem. (John 14:1, 27b)

Keep them from worrying about tomorrow, for each day has enough trouble of its own. When such trouble comes, help them to cast all their anxiety on Christ because He cares for them. (Matthew 6:34; 1 Peter 5:7)

Help them not to be anxious about anything but to pray about everything with thanksgiving—for when they do, You'll give them Your peace that surpasses their understanding, and such peace guards their hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6–7)

Keep their minds steadfast in trusting You, and give them Your perfect peace. May they turn to the Lord of Peace who will give them peace at all times, in every way. (Isaiah 26:3; 2 Thessalonians 3:16)

Help them leave every worry at Your feet where it belongs.

In Jesus' name, amen.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:29 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 20

Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, I pray that you direct my way unto you, and make me and all of us to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you; to the end that we may establish our hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to learn to really listen -- to You, to my family, to those around me, and to be sensitive to the "unspoken," for often it is in the "unspoken" that the needs of others are revealed. You are not only heard in a clap of thunder, or in the cry of a newborn infant, but also in the silence of a sunrise and the quiet desperation of an anguished heart. ... Help me to listen, that I may bring Your love and comfort to others. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit that I may develop a "listening heart."

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Eternal God, I thank thee for the seasons which bring abundance and beauty. I thank thee for thy loving care, which is over all and forever. May I behold thy works and make thee a very present help for all my needs, and perceive the joy of thy love through the greatness of the earth. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your grace that abounds in my life. I am most appreciative for Your daily provisions. Lord, help me to overcome the character flaws in my life. May I be angry at the things You are angry about, but Lord, I do not want to be angry in my own wrath. Remove that kind of anger from my life and give me a gentle and patient spirit with all men. Lord, I desire to be controlled by Your Holy Spirit. Bless my brothers and sisters in the Lord, and help each of them to walk in the spirit so that we all may glorify You in the earth. I ask in the lovely name of Jesus. Amen.

A Prayer for Healing

Heavenly Father, You are intimately aware of the struggle I am experiencing -- the pain and the despair. You know the desire of my heart to be healed of this illness.

I ask now for Your healing touch. I know that You are able and that just like in Bible times, You can heal me.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:58 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 21

As I travel through the rest of my day, may the God of hope fill me with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit I may abound in hope. Amen.

Father, that I may treat others as I would like them to treat me. That I may forgive others as I would like them to forgive me. That I may encourage and compliment others in the same way that I would like them to encourage me. That I may see and love in others what I would like them to see and love in me. These things I ask through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your sacrifice on the cross to save me from my sin and deliver me from the curse of sickness and poverty. Lord, strengthen me now, to use the blessing of health to serve You and Your people. Lord, direct me in my giving so that I might help those that are hurting and needy. Guide me in giving to those ministries that are making a difference in the world. Lord, may the gospel of salvation go out to others who have never heard the good news. Help me to be sensitive to the cries of the poor and not turn a deaf ear to any that I am able to help. Lord, may all of Your children rise above selfishness and as a corporate body reach out to the world of needy people. Strengthen us all for that task. I ask in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, grant that we may come into your presence as your children. Give to us all that we need each day, so that we are no longer caught in the turmoil of life but can receive your peace. For you care for us as your children, and we are allowed to go confidently through all the troubles of these times because our way leads to you, the eternal Father in heaven. Keep us from going astray and from spending our efforts on what is temporal and cannot last. Let your light strengthen us in what is of heaven, in what is eternally true for our lives. Amen.

Renew My Mind, Body and Soul

Lord, I come before you today in need of your healing hand. In you all things are possible. Hold my heart within yours, and renew my mind, body, and soul I am lost, but I am singing. You gave us life, and you also give us the gift of infinite joy. Give me the strength to move forward on the path you've laid out for me. Guide me towards better health, and give me the wisdom to identify those you've placed around me to help me get better In your name I pray, Amen.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:39 AM   #23
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 22

Prayer for the Guidance During the Day

Oh my God, you know my weakness and failings, and that without your help I can accomplish nothing for the good of souls, my own and others'. Grant me, therefore, the help of your grace, according to my particular needs this day. Enable me to see the tasks you will set before me in the daily routine of my life, and let me set my hand to these tasks with the vigor and joy of one with whom you abide. And if I should face trials, suffering or failure, I pray that your hand will lift me up, and I may be refreshed. In the name of Christ, I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[God knows my weaknesses.]

Today, I present my body as a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to You, my Father-God. I will not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of my mind, that I may prove Your good, acceptable and perfect will for me. With Jesus’ help I will continually offer my sacrifice of praise to You by telling others of the glory of Your name. I’ll not forget to do good and to share what I have with those in need, for such sacrifices are very pleasing to You, my Father. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the promise of eternal life. I am so thankful that my name is written in the Book of Life. Lord, I pray that each and every member of my family comes to know You and the power of Your resurrection life. Thank you, that as Christians, when it is our time to cross over into heaven, we do not have to fear. Death is the last enemy we shall face, and because You have overcome death and hell, we will not even feel its sting. Lord, we are grateful for the promise that we shall once again see all of our loved ones that are in Christ, because they live in You. Lord, comfort those that have lost loved ones with the knowledge that they shall indeed see them and love them once again in our heavenly home. I ask this in Your Son Jesus' name. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. I ask that you give me strength and wisdom to deal with all things that happen today with intellegence and kindness.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:01 PM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 23

Prayer for Forgiveness

Heavenly Father, true God, who sent your beloved Son to seek the wandering sheep, I have sinned against heaven and before you; receive me like the Prodigal Son, and clothe me with the garment of innocence, of which I was deprived by sin. Have mercy upon your creatures and upon me, a great sinner, through the miracle of Christ's resurrection and your grace, I pray. Amen.

May I go in peace, with God and with his other children, and may we love one another as Christ taught us. May I follow the example of good men of old, and may God comfort and help me and all who believe in Him, both in this world and in the world which is to come. Amen.

Father, thank You for the Holy Spirit who helps me pray when I don’t know how or what to pray for. I affectionately and gratefully praise your name, thanking you for answered prayer. The Holy Spirit helps me love without hypocrisy. I abhor what is evil, and cling to what is good. I will be kindly affectionate to others with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to others, not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord. I rejoice in hope, patient in tribulation, and will continue steadfast in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. Thank you for sending the Holy Spirit who takes hold together with me against my weaknesses. Amen.

Dear Lord, rescue me from myself, my pride, my self- centeredness, and my "woe is me" attitude. Prod me when I am lazy, and convict me when I am wrong. ... Fill me with Your Holy Spirit, and enable me to be the kind of Christian I want to be, the kind that You know I can be with Your help.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Father, give me a sense of nearness to thee when I may be faltering from weariness in well doing. May I hold to my determinations. Help me to know what is useless, that I may not give unnecessary energy, and to know what is worth while, that I may acquire strength through the power of truth. Amen.

Lord, as you lend me life, lend me a heart full of thankfulness, that I may treasure good friends and be appreciative of all who are part of my life. Inspire me each day to live positively and cheerfully, living in such a way that I express thanks and encouragement to others, so that, together, we may bring out the best in each other. Amen.

Waiting on Each Other

1 Corinthians 11:33-34

Dear Father, giver of bread and wine,
Give each of us perfect courtesy toward others, even more, perfect love. When we come together, may we wait on each other.
May each of us satisfy our hunger at home rather than behave as gluttons in the assembly of your people!
May we come together not to be condemned, but to build each other up, and to be nourished by that bread which is life indeed, Jesus Christ.
In the name of Jesus, who is the daily bread and wine of our lives, I ask. Amen.

Dear Lord, allow me to help others and show them kindness. Help me not to take things personally and show kindness even when I am not shown kindess in return.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:39 AM   #25
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 24

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, let me live this day as the gift it is, for You have truly blessed me to live it. And if I may suffer, I will carry with me the certainty that one day I will see You face to face, a day when all things will become clear and my pain will be made whole through the grace of Christ, my God. Blessed be you, oh Lord my God, and blessed be the day you have given me.
Amen.
Meditation

[This blessed day.]

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.

And finally, may the grace of Christ our Savior, and the Father's boundless love, with the Holy Spirit's favor, rest upon me, and all of us, from above. Thus may we abide in union, with each other and the Lord, and possess, in sweet communion, joys which earth cannot afford. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to search my heart today to see if I am really living what I say I believe. Give me the courage to look at the REAL me, and with Your help, the strength to change whatever separates me from You. Create within me such a love for You that I will not count the cost.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Loving Lord, we need the power of your Spirit in our lives to build on what is good, and to help change what needs to be changed. We pray that we may be faithful in responding to your call to grow as the people you have called us to be, that we may ring out your praises through the way we live each day. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the godly men and women that You put me under in my life to teach me Your ways and learn a submissive spirit. Lord, I desire to always walk in submission, and not yield to the temptation of wanting my way. Lord, I know at times, that I may be right about something, but Lord, help me to maintain a submissive spirit while discussing those kinds of issues. Deliver me from pride and anger. May the issues be resolved by You having Your way and not my way or the other person's way. May You always be glorified in my workplace, home and everywhere that I find myself. I ask in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Lord, please help me to find the inspiration to show the beauty of the world to those who only see darkness.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 25

Prayer for Friends

I thank my God always for my friends — for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus, that you might be enriched in everything by Him in all utterance and all knowledge, even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you, so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will confirm you to the end that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Dear Lord, if I am ever to grow toward spiritual maturity, I must grow some each day. Teach me to say "Thank You, Lord" at the moment I notice a blessing; and let me say "Help me, Lord" when a need arises, confident that You want to be included in both my joys and my problems. Let me be continually aware of Your presence, and receptive to Your Spirit's bidding.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Lord God, help me to realize the power of my life. I feel ashamed and alarmed when I think of the grievous wrongs I may have done for greed. May I have delight in the struggles I have made for the ways of righteousness. Make me careful to avoid the things that debase life. May I aspire for the highest and best. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am thankful that You are an "all seeing" and "all hearing" God, as this brings me great comfort to know You are watching over me at all times, and that You hear every word and prayer that I pray. You are a wonderful Father who not only loves me, but You love the whole world. I thank You that You are concerned about all the little things that concern me, as well as the things that I perceive as big things. Lord, to You, my concerns are never too small to miss Your attention, nor are they too big that You cannot take care of them because You are sizeless!! YOU ARE GOD!! Lord, may this truth be planted strongly in my spirit and in those that I pray for. Lord, meet the needs of the thousands of people who write us for prayer. Touch them and meet their needs according to Your will. Let each of them know how much You love and care for them. I know You will come and save them! I ask this in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord our God, we thank you with all our hearts that Jesus Christ still lives today and that we may believe in him and call upon him as our Savior. We thank you for him who sees to the depths of our human misery and calls right into the midst of it, "Do not be afraid. I am with you. I live. I am your helper. No matter how insignificant you are, fear not, for I, Jesus Christ, shine into all the darkness, even into the darkness of sin and death, into all the judgment that has fallen or is still to come upon men." Praise to your name, Lord our God! You are great and almighty and beyond our understanding. But you have sent us the Savior whom we can understand, and we rejoice that we may have community with him in your presence. Amen.

Dear Father, I thank you for this day. I ask for forgiveness for any wrong that I may do. Help me in my journey today as I share your kindness and wisdom.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 26

Prayer for the Day

Holy God, you have given me another day. Bring your Holy Spirit into my mind and my life, so that I may walk this day in your presence. Let me feel your presence throughout the day, remembering always that you sent your Spirit that you might be a living force in all I see and all I do. When I feel temptation or begin to stray, show me your path. Correct me, comfort me, let me live your will; that I may be happy in this life and blessed in the life to come. This I pray in the name of Christ, my Lord. Amen.

Meditation

[The Holy Spirit as a living force.]

Prayer for Freedom from Fear

O Lord, I beseech you to deliver me, and all of your children, from the fear of the unknown future; from fear of failure; from fear of poverty; from fear of bereavement; from fear of loneliness; from fear of sickness and pain; from fear of age; from fear of death. Help us, O Father, by your grace to love and fear only you, and fill our hearts with cheerful courage and loving trust in you; through our Lord and Master Jesus Christ. Amen.

And now, as a little child, let me abide in you all this day, oh Christ, so that when you appear I may have confidence and not shrink from you in shame at your coming. For I know that you are righteous, and I am sure that I will be made righteous only by my life in you. Amen.

Father, Your Word affirms that Jesus Christ is building me up into a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to You. I belong to a royal priesthood, a holy nation, and a peculiar people; that I should show forth Your praises. You called me out of darkness into Your marvelous light. I pray that I may be blameless and harmless, a daughter/son of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom I shine as a light in the world. I desire to hold forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither labored in vain. Amen.

Dear Lord, remind me that there are some things I can do better than others, and some things that others can do better than I. Help me to know my strength, to stay within my "calling," and to give You all the glory. ... Help me not to run ahead of You, but to listen and learn Your will for my life; then give me the courage to act -- to speak out. ... Discipleship is often costly, isn't it? ... Help me, Lord, for it is much easier just to watch television.

In the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, I pray.

Amen.

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

God our Father, with the gifts you have given to us we have responsibilities and duties. Lead us to do our best and act responsibly. Give us courage when we face difficulties. Inspire us to make our choices wisely, always remembering that there are consequences to what we choose to do. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for loving me so much that You sent Your Son to die for my sins. I do not understand a love like that, but I am eternally grateful for it. I also appreciate Your hand of correction in my life. I know without it, I would have gone astray and the enemy would have destroyed me. Lord, help us to be obedient to Your will. Give us a greater desire to serve You and others. Keep us from the evil one. Bless our loved ones and keep them in Your hand. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Help me be patient and understanding when working with others and let others be understanding and forgiving.

To Accept Each Other

Father, I'm praying for myself and all those in my immediate and extended family (name them)...

May we not only love but accept and enjoy each other. May Your love, joy, peace, and patience be at the heart of our relationships with one another, along with Your kindness and goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. (Galatians 5:22–23a)

May we encourage each other, and build one another up in every circumstance. (1 Thessalonians 5:11)

May we be willing to love each other as unconditionally as You love us, for such love forgives the wrongs of others and makes up for their many personal faults. In love, help us forgive without holding on to anger, resentment, or disappointment. (1 Peter 4:8; Matthew 18:21–22; Ephesians 4:26)

May we love and accept one another just as we are, not waiting for change or perfection—as in Christ You have accepted us. Help us be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other as You have forgiven us. (Ephesians 1:5–6; 4:32)

Help us not to bring past issues into the present.

In Jesus' name, amen.

- Jim & Kaye Johns
Old 04-24-2014, 01:00 PM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 27

Prayer for Sunday Worship

O God, you make me glad with the weekly remembrance of the glorious resurrection of your Son my Lord: Give me the peace to worship you with my whole heart and mind, forgetting the cares of the world, and dwelling with you for a short moment with my entire being. And give me this day such blessing through my worship of you, that the week to come may be spent in living knowledge of your peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

A Prayer of Abandonment to the Holy Spirit:

Holy Spirit, God of Love, be present to me; accept the offering of myself which I make to you. Receive these hands, these feet, these eyes, this tongue, and all my senses. Receive my memory, my will, my understanding, my desires, my sighs, the longings and the aspirations of my soul. Receive my every hour, my every moment, and all the happenings of my life. Holy Spirit, God of Love, knit my soul to you. Let your love possess my whole being - my senses, my powers, my affections, my very life. Let your love rule my labor and my rest, my going and my staying, and move me as it pleases. Let your love disquiet or comfort me, humble or exalt me, and burn away all my faults.

Holy Spirit, God of Love, draw me to yourself. Do with me what you will. Nothing will cause me fear if only your love enfolds me. I ask confidently because your desire to give is greater than mine to receive. Transform me into yourself, so that I may no longer know myself, nor find myself, except in you. Amen.

~ Thomas of Jesus

Blessing of Mark

O Sovereign and almighty Lord, bless all your people, and all your flock. Give your peace, your help, and your love unto us your servants, the sheep of your fold, that we may be united in the bond of peace and love, one body and one spirit, in one hope of our calling, in your divine and boundless love. Amen.

Heavenly Father, thou hast made my life dear; forgive me if I have made dearer the things that I have put around it. Many days have been used for costly things that have faded and are laid aside. May I realize the meaning of days that have been lost. Make me more concerned for what I put in the days to come. Amen.

Father, we come to You in Jesus' most precious name, thanking You for Your love for us. Lord, You see the areas in our lives that are not in balance in the area of material things. We ask that You reveal those to us and help us to walk in the path of righteousness and Your holy balance in these areas. Deliver us from any lust for the things of this world and give us a vision of the rewards that await us in the world to come when we do Your will. Let us not worry about finances, but rather cast all of our cares upon You, for You care for us. Heal us today spirit, soul and body so that we might serve You by walking in a victorious Christian life. Let our lights shine so that truly others might see Your love in us. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

The Qualities of Love

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Dear Father, give me love!

May I one day possess fully all the qualities of love, as did your son, Jesus, the Messiah!

May I be patient and kind, not jealous or boastful, not arrogant or rude, not insisting on my own way, not ever irritable or resentful.

May I rejoice always in what is right, never in anything that is wrong.

Help me to bear all things and endure whatever I must, to trust in all circumstances, and to be hopeful in all trials.

By Jesus's authority I come to you, asking. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you that we are your children and that your eyes watch over us and see all that is in our hearts. You hear the request of each heart, and you will answer at the right time. Stretch out your strong hand to us, for we are weak and often heavy-hearted, not knowing what to do nor how to find you. But you are with us in every need in spite of all our faults and shortcomings. You are with us; you lead us through everything to our life's true goal, until each of us can rejoice over all you have done, to the praise of your name, our Father. Amen.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:49 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 28

Let me go forth in thanks for the victory I have been given through our Lord Jesus Christ. May I be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, and always remembering that in the Lord our labor is not in vain. Amen.

Father, I eagerly pursue and seek to acquire love [make it my aim, my great quest]. Also, I earnestly desire and cultivate the spiritual endowments (gifts). When I was a child, I talked like a child and I thought like a child. Now that I have become a man/woman, I am done with childish ways and put them aside. My desire is to walk in love—true affection for God and man, growing out of God’s love for me, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord of light, thou art the light of my life. May I make thee the joy and light of my soul. Call me to where it is clear and high, that I may see above the mist. May I not weary in climbing to reach thee in the high places. Amen.

Father God, I am thankful that You give me spiritual eyes to see, so that I do not go astray on the wrong path. I do ask You to forgive me for my sins and shortcomings. Change those things in my life that are not like You. Help me to be obedient to Your will for my life. Give me the strength to obey all that You require of me. Lord, I pray for my friends and family, that they too, would follow You and obey Your will. Keep Your hand of protection over us all, and give us light on our path, that we may follow in the way of righteousness. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Love Never Ends

1 Corinthians 13:8-13

Dear Father, O God of love!

Let me possess love, for love never ends. I know that prophecy, tongues, and knowledge will pass away, for they are all incomplete and unfinished.

When the complete and perfect comes, everything incomplete and unfinished will be gone.

Enable me to put away the things of childhood - the way I reasoned, the way I spoke - and help me become mature. Now I see through a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall understand, even as I have been fully understood.

Faith, hope, and love are the truly enduring qualities, but you proclaim love the greatest. Fill me with love!

In the name of the loving Jesus and by his authority I come to you, asking these things according to his will. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, you show us the way of life; in your presence is fullness of joy, and at your right hand is delight forever. In your presence we want to rejoice together as your children, under your protection. May we become firm in every part of our life on earth. Grant that soon something of your kingdom, of your heaven, may encircle us like a blessing, enabling us to fight on in joy and exultation. We entrust ourselves to you, our faithful and loving God, and we thank you. Amen.

Dear Lord, I thank you for this day. Thank you for my family and friends. Please help me in showing them just how important they are to me.

Father as we begin this new day, we give You thanks for Your reminder to us of Your loving promises. You are faithful and will not disappoint us when we place our full trust in You. Today we ask for strength, comfort, hope, and Your abiding presence to those who have lost loved ones, and are in need of our prayers, and You. Will You wrap Your arms of love around them, and as You carry them through these difficult days may they rest in Your promises? We ask You to help us to be sensitive to their needs, and to be available, but not interfering. Remind us when we need to pray and when to be silent. Amen.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:08 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 29

For a Day Filled with Joy

Oh Father God in heaven: What a great day! Thank you, thank you, thank you for this and every day when I have woken up, with my heart beating and my mind able to read and think. Whatever physical limitations I may have, whatever aches and pains or illnesses I have this day, they can never diminish the greatness of life itself and the great world in which I have found myself.

By the power of your Holy Spirit, fill my heart with joy for all that I have been given. Help me to shoulder the burdens of my life with strength and courage, finding my solace in your promise of eternal life. I look forward in absolute faith to the glorious new body that all of Christ's children have been promised; but I pray to enjoy this not-so-glorious body, to see all of its wonders and remember that, being a gift, I am in no position to complain about its imperfections. Let me celebrate today all the little things I take for granted.

And bless all the people of this earth, O Lord, with the joy of gratitude for their life; and I pray that their gratitude might lead them to your holy Gospel, that they may someday know the life eternal, which can come only from your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Meditation

[The wonderment of being alive.]

Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen.

Holy God, I pray to be filled with your Holy Spirit for the rest of this day. Let me go forth, walking with your Spirit in my heart, that I may be filled with the joy and energy and praise for your entire creation, thankful in the many gifts you have given me, and showing forth your light in my every word and deed. This I pray in Christ's name, Amen.

Lord God, help me to break away from habits that fasten me in the ruts of life. Draw me out to thy broad way, where there are no limits to thy wonderful works, that I may expand my life. Amen.

Lord Jesus, Lead us to show respect for each person as an individual, treating others in the same way that we would like to be treated. Amen.

Father God, thank you that You are a good Father to me. Deliver me of any rebellion that would cause me to ignore Your leading in my life. Strengthen and help me, so that I will always be an obedient child. I do appreciate Your patience toward me. Give me patience with those around me who do not know You. Let me share the gospel in love with each of them. Thank you, for delivering me from hell. I am grateful for the promise of Your presence with me in this life and the promise of heaven to come. Lord, watch over all of Your children and keep us from evil. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen

“A Prayer For Those Waiting”

Thankful man Father, when we examine the emotional pain of our lives we often start out with the question of “Why?” But in hindsight we realize that those struggles taught us practical truths that we would not have otherwise learned, and that there truly is purpose in our pain. We often look to Joseph, not because he was a great ruler over Egypt, but because we identify with much of his life’s experiences: betrayal, fear, rejection, his being lied about, separation, unjust treatment, delays, among other struggles. You accomplished Your purpose in His life, not in spite of his trials, but through his pain-filled ordeals. His story has been a source of encouragement to us time and again as he modeled integrity in the midst of the severe struggles and sweeping storms of life. Your eternal purpose is greater than our emotional pain. Remind us that it may not just be for our own instruction but others looking on may learn from our difficult experiences. Amen.

Lord our God, we look to you in our many needs, in the distress of our hearts, in the anguish of the whole world. We beseech you, let light come to your people everywhere on earth to bring them your help and your victory. Remember the wretched, the sick, the poor. Let your living strength come to them so that they can bear their sufferings and hold out joyfully to the end. Remember us all, O Lord our God, for we all need you. We are weak and poor and cannot go forward alone. Your Spirit must help us. May the Savior come to us, and may his grace and his power be born in our hearts. Amen.

Dear Lord, life seems so hard at times. Please be with me as I go through this day. Help me be strong and and give me the wisdom to handle each situation.

Prayer for Peaceful Sleep
Archbishop Laud (1573-1645)
Lord God,
send peaceful sleep
to refresh our tired bodies.
May your help always renew us
and keep us strong in your service.
We ask this through Christ our Lord.

Into your hands, O Lord, we commend our souls and bodies, beseeching you to keep us this night under your protection and strengthen us for our service on the morrow, for Christ's sake.
Amen.
Post New ThreadReply