Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Do you have a plan for your life? A destination?

Sisters in Christ Worldwide

YOUR DAILY INSPIRATION

Do you have a plan for your life? A destination? Where will you be in five years or maybe even in ten?

I had a plan, and then another one and after that at least three more, and so far none of them had worked out the way I wanted them. It used to drive me insane that I just couldn’t get to where I wanted to go.

My original plan was not to have any kids and not to get married but to have a great career. Well, I am married with two kids and I am currently a stay-at-home-mom. You see how well that plan worked out for me, but now I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

About three years ago I finally got smart enough to ask God what His plan was for my life. I figured since none of my plans had worked out so far I might as well ask the One who put me here.

“Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.” Proverbs 19:21.

God gave me a destination, or maybe just part of my destination, I’m not sure yet, but what I’m sure of is what I am called to do with my life. The only question is how do I get there?

I was so excited at first because I finally felt like I knew what I was working towards. So I made plans again on how to get there. I had three steps that should take me from where I was to where God wanted me to end up at.

And none of those steps worked out. I prayed. I asked. I begged. I wanted to move forward so badly I couldn’t stand it. And every time something happened that looked like it might be part of His plan for me I jumped right on it, only to find out that this wasn’t it either.

It can be very frustrating when we try to figure it all out on our own, because we try to make things happen, try to see things, that are simply not there.

The key to living out the plan for our lives and to not get frustrated is to allow God to guide us, wait on His timing, wait on the opportunities He sends our way and go through the doors that He opens.

Ask God for His plan for your life, ask Him for guidance and the wisdom to understand His guidance and then walk in the fullness of His great plan for you.

Jelena Anderson

“Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith.” ~Henry Ward Beecher~

Lord, I pray that You will show me the plan that You have for my life. Guide me and help take the steps I need to take to walk in the fullness of Your great plan for me. Help me to follow You instead of my own plans. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply