Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2017, 05:58 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default How to Satisfy Our Souls While Waiting

How to Satisfy Our Souls While Waiting by Jen Folz

Has a certain season of life ever felt long to you? Me too!

When my girls were toddlers, the days of diapers and tantrums felt endless. I wondered, “God, is this it? Is this where you want me to be?”

Perhaps “toddlers” aren’t part of your wait. But whatever makes our days long, it can be hard for us to “see” God working. When we wait for plans to unfold, it may leave us feeling exhausted and depleted.

Yet, there’s good news! When we’re in a time of waiting (and as we heard in Monday’s video), Wendy Pope’s words from Chapter 2 of Wait and See can help:

“We have to allow God to do a work in us before he can do a work through us.”

"We have to allow God to do a work in us before He can do a work through us" - Wendy Pope

Reading this reminds me it’s in our wait where God does His private work. On days when we feel the clock isn’t moving, Gods at work in our hearts.

Phew! Learning to wait well is hard work, but it’s doable!

Check out these practical steps Wendy gives us to apply to our wait:

Love God and love others
Pray
Be in His Word by reading the Bible
Have a quiet time with the Lord

Are you doing these things in your wait?

If I’m being honest, I know to do these things; however, I can lose focus on them during my wait. But I love what Wendy says to help us remember why we want to take these steps:

“Our soul is most satisfied and our life is most effective when we are where God wants us to be, doing what He wants us to do.”

I don’t know about you, but I long for soul satisfaction. I long to “wait well.” Will you join me in asking God for eyes to see and a heart to embrace Him in the long days of our wait?

Let’s Chat:

Observe — Which steps from Wendy (in the bullet list above) are you doing in your wait, and which do you need to work on?

Bible — Write out Psalm 16:8 as a prayer, replacing the pronoun “Him” with “You” and keep it with you throughout the week. How does this verse encourage you to keep your eyes on God?

- See more at: http://proverbs31.org/online-bible-s....ivhssdYg.dpuf
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply