Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2014, 11:29 PM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
He is Not Limited by Your Limitations

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“Is anything too hard for the LORD? ...”
(Genesis 18:14, NIV)
TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

If you could see what God has stored up for you, the people you’re going to meet, the places you’re going to go, the good breaks that are going to find you, you would be amazed. It’s going to be the surpassing greatness of God’s favor. But too often, we make excuses. We come up with reasons why this is not going to happen for us. “Well, that sounds good, but I don’t have the training, the talent, the connections.” Or, “I come from the wrong family. I’m the wrong nationality. I’m too short. I’ll never come into my garden.”

No, God is not limited by your circumstances, your family or who is against you. When God breathed His life into you, He put a blessing on you that overrides anything that comes against you! The blessings God has stored up for you cannot be stopped by people, bad breaks or injustice. God has the final say. Be encouraged today because God is taking you to a place of blessing. Don’t focus on your circumstances; focus on your God because He is not limited by your limitations!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, thank You for blessing me beyond what I can see. Thank You for empowering me to rise above my circumstances and any limitations to boldly embrace the blessing You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen!
Today I was debating with myself, kept telling myself that I needed to get out before the weather hit big time. I had a hard time getting outside of the door. I kept trying to talk myself out of going, even though I knew if I didn't go this afternoon, there was a good chance I would get snowed in for at least two days. It was after 4 p.m. before I left the house. I was limiting myself. I kept telling myself I couldn't do it and as I walked to the bus stop, I was having muscle spasms and pain and I had to breathe through it and ask for help.

As I walked to the bus stop, three buses went by and I told myself it was a sign that I needed to turn around and go home, especially when I had to wait almost ten minutes for another bus (not that I was in a hurry or on a time schedule). There hasn't been sun for several days and I felt like I hadn't had that connection I needed to give me what I needed to do what I needed to do what I needed to get things done. When I think of it, it is really dumb, the sun is shining some where in the world, it is there even if I can't see it and where was my faith??? As I walked along, gave myself a talking to and said a prayer, the pain eased and by the time I got to the grocery store, things were much better.

I knew I needed to go, I had prayed and asked for the inner knowing and the guidance, so once I was there, it was like my God had me by the hand. First off was my fruit bottom all natural yogourt (NOT STIRRED) for $4.99, then marbled cheddar cheese 460 g Cracker Bell for $3.99, and cookie and muffin mix 2 for $7. and my Stouffer TV dinners 2 for $5. which are regularly $3.69 each. I bought 12 TV dinners. I also got butter for $3.99.

It may not seem much to some people, but those are extra special, specials to me. They were bought with gift cards given to me by my niece. I have had $50 worth of gift cards for 4 days. Normally, I get money and I have to go out and spend it. The day I get it is the day it is to be spent. For me to have it so long is a miracle, even though I have been in recovery for 23 years. God and I still work on this a day at a time.

Told myself I was pushing things and trying to make things happen by going out today instead of waiting for payday on Friday and yet I just knew that I had to go out today. For one thing, I had been housebound too long, and I needed to get out and get some fresh air.

Normally, when I go out I connect with someone when I go out, but my God had already put my friend Bert in my path today. He phoned me to say he had gotten some chicken and he didn't like it and did I want to try it. He didn't want to throw it out. I went and got it and I wouldn't eat it but I gave it to my son. So there was some giving and sharing and some blessings, and all told, a very good day.

Thanks for letting me share.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply