Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2016, 07:42 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 29

Dear heavenly Father, I love you today and am grateful for all of Your goodness to me. Please forgive me when I have not spoken kindly of others. Help me to guard my mouth from speaking any kind of evil. May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your site. Lord, I cancel all words that I have spoken that have not agreed with the Word of God. I also cancel all evil words that have been spoken against me, my family or my ministry. Lord, please forgive those who would speak amiss against us. May Your people everywhere be careful to guard their tongues. Help us all to speak Your words and to be gracious and kind to one another. I ask this in the Holy name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For Having Our Treasure In Heaven”

Father, the longer we live the more we realize that treasures we store up here on earth grow old, get broken, need fixed, turn rusty and are often lost along the way. But when we gather treasures of the heart such as love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, and many other such fruit, they are treasures that are most useful in our spiritual treasure chest here on earth. And their virtuous character transfers with us to the other side. Help us not to seek after treasures that expire but rather treasures that have lasting eternal value, for where our treasure is there our heart is also. We want to keep our focus upward so that our heart’s longings are there as well. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

George Washington's Monday Morning Prayer

O eternal and everlasting God, I presume to present myself this morning before thy Divine majesty, beseeching thee to accept of my humble and hearty thanks, that it hath pleased thy great goodness to keep and preserve me the night past from all the dangers poor mortals are subject to, and has given me sweet and pleasant sleep, whereby I find my body refreshed and comforted for performing the duties of this day, in which I beseech thee to defend me from all perils of body and soul.

Direct my thoughts, words and work. Wash away my sins in the immaculate blood of the lamb, and purge my heart by thy Holy Spirit, from the dross of my natural corruption, that I may with more freedom of mind and liberty of will serve thee, the ever lasting God, in righteousness and holiness this day, and all the days of my life. In the name of Holy Christ, I pray, Amen.

~ From the Prayer Journal of George Washington

A Lenten Prayer

Almighty God, whose blessed Son was led by the Spirit to be tempted by Satan; Come quickly to help me, who is assaulted by many temptations; and, as you know the weaknesses of myself and all people, let all of your servants find you mighty to save; in Jesus name I pray, Amen.

To Witness Boldly

Dear Heavenly Father, I lower my head before you and confess that I have too often forgotten that I am your child. Too often, I carry on my life as if you do not exist, falling far short of being a bold witness to You. For this, I ask your forgiveness, and I pray that you will give me strength, courage, a clear mind and an open heart when you call upon me to witness to your mighty love. Remind me always to strive to be who You would have me be, no matter where I am, or what I am doing, or who I am with. Make me into your lantern, precious Lord, and let your light shine through me so bright that all can see it. Amen.

Meditation

[What parts of the Bible does my mind find reasons to reject?]

Benediction

Now all glory to God, who is able to keep me from falling away and will bring me with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time, Amen.

Lord God, help me to realize the influence of the individual life. And as I would care for my own, may I seek to do for others; and may I not criticize, but help all who are trying to make the world better. Amen.

Righteous Father, please help me to know Jesus better, to be formed more perfectly into his image, and to live with his character. Please, dear God, I want to be like Christ in my character and conduct. I want to be a genuine disciple and become more and more like my great Teacher everyday. It is in his name, Jesus Christ, that I pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply