Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 19

To Keep God in Mind This Day

Lord, let me begin this day in devout meditations, in joy unspeakable, and in blessing and praising You, who has given me such good hope and everlasting consolation.

Lift up my mind above all these little things below, which are apt to distract my thoughts; and keep it above, until my heart is fully resolved to seek You every day, in the path where Jesus has trod before me. Amen.

Oh Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your apostles, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you"; I pray that I and your whole church, the body of all faithful people, will know your peace, and live in harmony and unity, one with another, in accordance with your wishes. This I pray to you, who lives and reigns forever. Amen.

Praying at All Times

Father, in the name of Jesus my eyes look to You, and You give me my food at the proper time. You open Your hand and satisfy the desires of my heart. You are righteous in all Your ways and loving toward all You have made. You are near when I call on You, even to all who call on You in truth. You fulfill the desires of those who fear You; You hear our cry and save us. You watch over all who love You….My mouth will speak in praise of my Lord. Let every creature praise Your holy name forever and ever. Amen

Scripture Reading Psalm 145:15-21

Our Father who art in heaven, remind us that truth is not what we say it is, it is what You have declared it to be! ... Remind us too that You sent Your beloved Son that we might better understand Your love and desires for all who would accept Him and His teachings, and His sacrifice on the cross, that we might be forgiven our sins, and have the promise of eternal life! ... Jesus said to Thomas, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through Me."* ... "He who has seen Me has seen the Father ... Do you not believe I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The Words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His work ... He who has My commandments and keeps them, he is the one who loves Me, and he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father."** ... Help my heart to listen, and my daily life to reflect these words of Jesus.

In His name I pray.

Amen.

* (John 1:1) ** (John 14:6, 9-10)

(c) 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Father, keep me where my eyes may look expectantly toward the dawn, through the darkness. Take away everything that comes between me and the brightness of the morning. Amen.

God our Father, in saying that you have written our names on the palm of your hands, you are telling us that each person is unique and special to you. We pray that individuals may discover in themselves the treasures you have given them, and develop and put to good use the qualities they hold in trust from you. I pray and commit myself today to promote goodness and happiness, by treating others with respect and care and understanding. May others treat me today, Father, in the same way as I treat them, and so may we all bring out the best in one another and grow in the way we look at ourselves and others. Amen.

The Good Fight of Faith

1 Timothy 6:20-21, 11-16

Dear Father, invisible and immortal God,

Guard me that I may guard what you have entrusted to me. Help me to avoid the godless talk and vain reasonings of "knowledge," (which is not real knowledge) lest I miss the mark as regards the faith.

Give me the courage and strength to flee from all wickedness and to pursue instead righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness. Help me fight the good fight of faith.

In the name of Jesus and to your glory I lift up this prayer. Amen.

Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:25–26, NIV

Dear God and our Father, if only we have you, we desire nothing more in heaven or on earth. Body and soul may fail, but you, O God, are the strength and comfort of our hearts and you are ours forever. May we live in your Spirit and may your light shine over us. Touch our hearts and help us understand the greatness of what you call us to. Help us and free us again and again so that we are not bound by fear, even when we must pass through intense suffering. For your hand shall be with us and shall rescue us. Your hand shall bring about good for us and for all the people around us. Our hearts go out to them and we plead for them too, "Lord, send your Savior to all." Amen.

Dear Lord, please give me the wisdom to understand that sometimes people shut themselves off from others because opening up will only make their pain real.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 20

To Help Others This Day

Heavenly Lord, I pray that this day, you will continue to bless me, that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak. Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others. I pray for those that are lost and can’t find their way. I pray for those that are misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who don’t know you intimately. I pray that others will find your strength, so that they can love and help one another. I pray for those that don’t believe, that they may find you.

And when this world closes in on me, let me remember the example of my Lord and Savior: to slip away and find a quiet place to pray. Remind me, nudge me, let me remember to find you when I’m feel like I'm pushed beyond my limits. In Christ's name, I come to you, Amen.

Confident in the Lord

O God, my heart is quiet and confident, and I can sing Your praises. When I’m in trouble I call on You, confident that You will answer. Though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. Lord, You are my confidence, and You will keep my foot from being snared. I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living, I am blessed because I trust in You; my confidence is in you. Hallelujah! Amen

Scripture Reading Psalm 27:3, 13 (NIV) Psalm 57:7 (Living) Psalm 86:7 (The Message) Jeremiah 17:7 (NIV) Proverbs 3:26

Dear Lord, remind each of us that saying one is sorry is only the beginning of righting the wrongs we have committed. ... Repentance requires that we turn around and not repeat our careless or intentional sins. ... For any of us, turning around is the test of our sincerity, isn't it? ... We each set examples, whether we realize it or not, for we never know when our lives will be used as an example or excuse for someone else's behavior! ... Oh Lord, help us to realize this for Your sake and for ours!

In Jesus' name we pray.

Amen.

* (See Psalm 51:10-13; Prov. 28:13; Romans 6:1-4)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Lord, I would remember to ask thee this morning for that of which I seem to have most need. May I have the will to keep my patience and realize the untold power of my words and actions. Give me thy peace, not only to rest in, but that I may have it to give to others. Amen.

We thank you, Lord, for making us people of quality. We pray that we may use our gifts well and not keep them unused, unwrapped. We thank you that we are people of quality whom your hands have made. May you be blessed forever!

Empowered to Serve

2 Timothy 1:3-10

Dear Father, seer of my inmost thoughts,

Give me a clear conscience in my service to you. Then fill my mouth with prayers to you as I intercede for those I love. Let my contacts with them be sources of great joy for all of us. Let the sincere faith of our mothers and fathers and other relatives take root in us and grow.

Whatever gift you have given me, help me rekindle it every day and fan it into a flame of service and love for you.

Help me live boldly for you, for you did not give me a spirit of timidity but a spirit of love and power and inward strength.

Don't let me ever be ashamed of bearing witness about our Lord. Let me take my share of suffering for the gospel and rely on your power.

In the name and power of Jesus I pray. Amen.

“A Prayer For Basket-Holders”

Father, we’re thankful for the rope-holders who bear our burdens and encourage us in times of weakness and difficulty. You work through such human vessels to convey Your strength, comfort, protection, and challenge as we walk together in faith. Help us to be faithful in doing our part to encourage, pray, and offer support to those You lay on our hearts that we may be united and strengthened in our Christian journey. Amen.

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1, NIV

Lord our God, grant that we may be your children who receive the Spirit and all they need from you. You strengthen us not only physically but also inwardly, in our hearts, enabling us to face the uncertainties of earthly life and whatever still needs changing in human society. Keep us from giving in to weakness. May your power be always with us. May we have patience and hope, because you are working for the good and we may wait for it in expectation. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for this day. As I start today please help me understand that it is okay to love. Give me the wisdom to know that it is okay to trust at least one person, and that having faith will me stronger as you are with me.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 21

Oh Lord, most heavenly Father, Almighty and everlasting God, who has safely brought me to the beginning of this day; I give you thanks for my creation, preservation, and all the blessings of my life. Grant that this day I fall into no sin, neither run into any kind of danger; but that all my doings, being governed by your will, may be righteous in your sight. Through Christ our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Prayer for Goodness (based on Psalm 1)

Heavenly Father, who has given us the gift of your law, so that we might know our sin, and your Son, that we might be forgiven where we fall short: Give me the grace to remember your holy Word, when my surroundings tempt me to confusion and weakness, that I might more nearly approach true obedience to your will. Help me to resist the arguments of the ungodly; let me not be deceived by false beauty; and let me never replace the truth which you have put into my heart with the clever words of men. Through Christ I pray, Amen.

God of love, Father of all, the darkness that covered the earth has given way to the bright dawn of your Word made flesh. Make me and all who confess your holy name people of this light. Make me faithful to your Word that I may bring your life to the waiting world. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

God Give us Victory

Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. For I wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. You are my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge. I will sing a new song to You, O God; I will make music to You, to the One who gives victory…who delivers His servant. My sons in their youth will be like well-nurtured plants, and my daughters will be like pillars carved to adorn a palace. Amen

Scripture Reading Psalm 144:1-12 (NIV) Ephesians 6:12 (KJV)

Dear Lord, remind me that there will never be enough ordained ministers and missionaries to change the world! Only Christians, by example and word, can contact one on one the unchurched and the agnostic or atheist in the market place. ... Help me, Lord, to truly be Your disciple. Give me the right words at the right time to share Your love, encouragement and comfort, so that others will desire to know You.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

“A Prayer Of Thanks For God’s Kindness”

Father, You are faithful to supply all our physical needs even as You replenish the earth with fresh moisture from above and raise up the crops in their proper season. We are showered with Your common grace as You bless us each day with Your abundance of good things. Because we know that all things work together for good and to accomplish Your intended goal for our lives, we can remain joyful in hope even in the difficult things we are experiencing today. How reassuring to know that Your kindness indeed leads people to repentance and faith in you. Amen.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8–9, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, let our thoughts be filled with all that is honorable, just, pure, gracious, good, and praiseworthy. We want to await your Spirit, not giving way to anxiety, but showing ourselves worthy to be your children. We want to be your children, who can rise above even the most difficult conditions and maintain a quiet trust, to the glory of your Spirit within us. Protect us now and always in your divine peace. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. As a new day starts please be with me to find the strength to get through today, for sometimes it feels as I can't make it at all.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 22

Prayer to Inspire Others

Lord, I ask you to inspire me to encourage others by what I say and do today. God and Father of all people, never let me look down on others or make anyone feel inferior.

Lord, show me how to live today with genuine concern for others. In expressing my care, may I show people that they are valued, loved and appreciated for who they are. Amen.

To Glorify God

In view of God’s mercy, I offer my body as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is my spiritual act of worship. It is [not in my own strength] for it is You, Lord, who is all the while effectually at work in me—energizing and creating in me the power and desire—both to will and work for Your good pleasure, satisfaction and delight. To God belongs all glory and honor and praise. Amen

Scripture Reading Romans 12:1 Philippians 2:13

Dear Lord, if only the birds with beautiful voices sang, the world would often be silent. ... Let me "sing out" Your praises because my spirit is filled with love and gratitude for Your gift of faith, and for Your presence in my life. ... Let me worship You, Lord, for Your faithfulness, and for sending Your Son and the Holy Spirit that I may better understand Your will for my life. Let me in all of my being praise You, Lord.

Amen and Amen.

Almighty God, may I have that faith in eternal life which will make me careful of what I choose for my own and more careful of what I put in the lives of others. Amen.

God our Father, I thank you that many people have used their gifts well and have helped me and inspired me and brought cheerfulness and joy in my life. May I, too, live in such a way that I bring blessings to others by my attitude and actions and my presence with them. Remain with me and lead me to that final day when I, too, will be able to say: “I see all heaven before me and the great God himself.” Amen.

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?...Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 42: 1–2, 5, NIV

Lord our God, as the deer pants for refreshing water, so our souls long for you, O God. Our souls thirst for you, for the living God. We stand in your presence and pour out our hearts to you. We bring before you everything that is painful to us, all our suffering and needs. We also bring you all our hopes and the many proofs you have given us that our lives need not go to ruin but can be directed to greater things. May the light of your Spirit shine on us today and always. Amen.

Dear Lord, in times of need I turn to you for your grace and guidance. Today is no different and I come to you once again for I face the unknown and I am scared. Please be with me and let me know I am not alone.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 23

God, I pray that this day you will incline my heart to keep your commandments, driving temptation from my mind. Guide my feet into the way of peace; that having done your will with cheerfulness while it was day, I may, when the night comes, rejoice in giving you thanks for a day lived in your presence; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

O God and Father of all, whom the whole heavens adore: Let the whole earth also worship you, all nations obey you, all tongues confess and bless you, and men and women everywhere love you and serve you in peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord, I pray, Amen.

Dear Lord, You have said that as a man thinks, so he becomes. Search me, Oh Lord, and bring my unconscious images and drives before Your judgment and mercy. Cleanse me with Your love, helping me to forgive as I would be forgiven. Let my thoughts be Your thoughts, that I may be re-made in Your likeness. Then my life will take on new meaning, and others will be warmed by its glow, and Your glory will be shown for all to see.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

Lord God, I thank thee for the delight of congenial companions and the memory of friendship. May I not be quick to lose my friends through misunderstanding and selfishness. May I be considerate and constant and be able to climb to the highest steeps of friendship. Amen.

Lord, may my attitude and all that I think and do always be based on a spirit of love and care, so that I may make a difference in my own part of the world by treating people as individuals. Amen.

Disciplined for Service

2 Timothy 2:1-7

Dear Father,

Make me strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. Help me pass your word on to others who also will share it.

Help me take my share of suffering as a good soldier of Christ. Help me avoid "civilian" entanglements that would dilute my loyal obedience to Christ, my commander.

Help me be a disciplined athlete for you. Help me to be a hard-working farmer who tills in your vineyard, patiently waiting for the harvest that comes from you.

In the name of Jesus I ask. Amen.

Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:10–11, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you that you have given us an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We thank you that you have already begun to give us new vision, that already many things are being transformed, so that we may go gladly and confidently on our way with hope for whatever is still unsolved. May all this live in our hearts and fill us with thanks to you. We want to be courageous and keep in sight what still needs to be changed. Then we can take part as workers in your vineyard. May the light you have given us continue to shine in us and burn ever more brightly, as you have promised. Amen.

Dear Father, life can be overwhelming at times. Sometime we are given trials we think we won't make it through. I face one of those today dear Lord. Please be with me and guide me as I face the heart of darkness. For you are my light, and with you I will be able to overcome.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 24

God, My prayer is that you will help me to burn your love on my heart, so that I may know the peace of loving my fellow man. Let me be sincere in choosing good over evil. Let me seek my glory in you, Lord Christ, instead of in my own image, my own fame or status; for status is no more than vanity, that will disappear in the blink of an eye. Soften my heart so that I feel true sympathy, and so I value others just as I do myself.

May your Holy Spirit, who is with me, guide me in everything I think and do, this day and always. Amen.

Prayer of Salvation

Most blessed Christ, I thank you that you have answered me and have become my salvation. No matter how weak or lowly I may feel, I will always remember your words: that those whom the earth despises — the stones that the builders rejected — have become the cornerstone of your church. Let me be strong in faith and strong in your Spirit; for only by You, Lord Christ, may the gates of righteousness be opened to a sinner. I pray that I may be part of the foundation of your church on earth, and that by your grace, the gates of righteousness may be opened to me and to all who confess your holy name. Amen.

As I travel through the rest of my day, may the God of hope fill me with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit I may abound in hope. Amen.

Dear Lord, let me praise You! Let me give You honor and glory and praise! Let my spirit worship You, not just in words or hymns, but with a very real conviction that You are sovereign, that You are faithful, and that You love me! ... Even when life's problems overwhelm me, remind me that You are in the midst of it all with me. You have it all in Your hands, and You can be trusted.

Praise Your holy name.

Amen.

Lord God, May I strive in every way to free thy people, that they may be uplifted in the progress of life. Amen.

Lord Jesus, open my eyes to recognize you as you walk beside me, accompanying me on my journey in life each day. Amen.

And, with all these, take up the great shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Ephesians 6:16, NEB

Lord our God, we long to come into your light, to live in your strength, that we may do what pleases you and furthers your kingdom on earth. Protect us from evil and do not let us be wounded by the flaming arrows of the evil one. Make paths for us whenever we do not know how to go forward. We always know you are our Father. Because you are our Father, we want to be courageous and persevere to the end so that you can make our lives bear fruit for you, to the glory of your name. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for today. Please help me forgive those who have done me wrong. Most importantly please help me forgive myself, for I do myself wrong more often than anyone else.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 25

For a Heart Open to God's Word

God, as you gave us the sun to lighten our days, so you have given us your Word to lighten our minds and our souls. I pray that you will pour out on me your Spirit as I pray today, that my heart and mind may be opened to your Word, and that I may learn and accept your will for my life.

Shine within my heart, loving God, the pure light of your divine knowledge; open the eyes of my mind and the ears of my heart to receive your Word, this day and always, Amen.

Confession of Sins, with a Prayer for Contrition and Pardon.

Most merciful God, whose eyes are too pure to behold iniquity, and who has promised forgiveness to all those who confess and forsake their sins; I come before you in a humble sense of my own unworthiness, confessing my many transgressions of your righteous laws. [* Here make a short pause, to remember and confess the sins and failings of the past week.] But, O gracious Father, who desires not the death of a sinner, look upon me, I beseech you, in mercy, and forgive me for all my transgressions. Make me deeply sensible of the great evil of them; and work in me a hearty repentance; that I may obtain forgiveness at your hands, who is ever ready to receive humble and penitent sinners; for the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, my only Saviour and Redeemer. Amen.

Prayer for Those Who Have Turned Away

Grant, O Lord, peace, love and speedy reconciliation to your people whom You have redeemed with your precious blood. Make your presence known to those who have turned away from You and do not seek You, so that none of them may be lost, but all may be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth, so that everyone, in true love and harmony, O long-suffering Lord, may praise your all holy Name. Amen.

Finally, may I go forth filled with the joy and confidence of your Spirit; and may everything I do this day and this week, in word or deed, be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Amen.

Dear Lord, in the midst of today's fast-paced society, help me to slow down lest I miss all that You have for me. ... There are moments when Your creation crosses my path -- a bird's song, a new rose bud after a dry summer, a clear view of the mountains, a child's laughter, a friend's greeting, a stranger's smile -- but is my mind on other things? ... Have I missed these moments that You have provided for my enjoyment, my renewal, or my opportunity? Have I neglected to recognize another's need -- an encouraging word, a helping hand? ... Have I missed the right time to tell someone about You when I failed to point out that it was not "luck," but You, Lord, when a prayer was answered? Have I forgotten to encourage or express my love to a spouse, an offspring, or a friend? ... Help me to recognize and seize these precious moments that will not come again.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Lord Jesus, you tell us that those who mourn are “blessed”, knowing that only those who love greatly can mourn. We know, too, that it is better to have loved and lost someone than never to have loved at all. We ask you today that through our own sufferings of different kinds, we may discover strength and peace through helping and supporting others in their difficulties. Amen

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2, NIV

Grant us your Spirit, Lord our God, that we may discern your good, acceptable, and perfect will. Give us joy in fighting on your side, so that what is good, acceptable, and perfect may be given to the world. Wherever we are and whatever work we do, give us zeal to serve you and be guided by you so that your will may be done and your kingdom come, so that already today we may find happiness even though only in hope. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you always being there for me. Help me remeber that I do not have to be miserable. Give me the wisdom to know that I can motivate myself and create my own happiness. The choice is mine.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #23
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 26

"For Each New Morning"
For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
I thank thee.
Amen.

(From a poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Prayer for Help with the Burdens of Life

Grant me, I pray, your divine helping grace; endow me with patience and strength to endure my tribulations with complete submission to your will. You know my misery and suffering and to you, my only hope and refuge, I flee for relief and comfort; trusting your infinite love and compassion, that in due time, when you know it is for the best, you will deliver me from my troubles, and turn my distress into comfort, and I will rejoice in your mercy, and exalt and praise your Holy Name, O Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Amen.

Lord God, Creator of light, at the rising of your sun each morning, let the greatest of all lights - your love - rise, like the sun, within my heart. Amen.

A Workman Unashamed

2 Timothy 2:14-21

Dear Father, firm foundation,

Help me to avoid disputes about words, which does no good, but merely ruins the hearers.

Help me do my best to present myself to you for your approval, a workman who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling your word of truth.

Your firm foundation stands sure, bearing a seal which says two things: "The Lord knows those who are his." "Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity."

You in your sovereign power and omniscience know my acceptability. For my part let me find assurance in my deep desire to do your will. Purify me that I may be a vessel for noble use in your house, consecrated and useful to Christ, the master of the house, ready for any good work. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:4–5, NIV

Lord our God, be our Father and care for your children here on earth, where it is often bitterly hard and where everything seems to turn against us. Keep us faithful in our inner life, drawing all our strength from you, the eternal power of life, and from Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. For Jesus has promised to come to us, and you will send him in our time of need. Let your strong hand be with those who often do not know where to turn. Show us paths we can follow, to the glory of your name in all eternity. Amen.

Dear Father, Help me learn from the past. Help me take my experience to set goals for the future. Give me the wisdom to see that no matter how much I plan things may go wrong, but this should not stop me from trying.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 27

Prayer of Submission

Dear Lord, I give you my hands to do your work; I give you my feet to go your way; I give you my eyes to see as you see; I give you my tongue to speak your words; I give you my mind that you may think in me; I give you my spirit that you may pray in me. Above all, I give you my heart that you may love in me. I give you my whole self, Lord, that you may grow in me, so that it is you who lives, works and prays in me. Amen.

Prayer to Grow Closer to God

Dear Lord, I am trying to do better and better each day; I am trying to walk with you and do your will, but sometimes it seems like I am slipping backwards no matter how hard I try. And I get confused sometimes; even if I want to do the right thing, I don't always know what it is.

So this is my prayer, heavenly Lord, for your help in straightening out my mind and straightening out my life. Lead me, Lord, and let your Holy Spirit guide me. Even if the correction is painful, help me to keep my mind open to your truth. Let me do your will in my every action, and know your will, that I might do it. Help me not be deceived by false assertions or glib intelligence, by those who would excuse or promote sinful actions, by those who simply do not know; and above all, help me not to deceive myself. Guide me away from excuses and rationalizations when I have sinned, but into your holy truth, that I might know my sin, and correct what I can, and ask forgiveness for what I cannot. By the grace and mercy of holy Christ, I ask this, Amen.

And now, as a little child, let me abide in you all this day, oh Christ, so that when you appear I may have confidence and not shrink from you in shame at your coming. For I know that you are righteous, and I am sure that I will be made righteous only by my life in you. Amen.

Walking in Truth

Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth: unite my heart to fear Your name. You, my Lord God, are a sun and shield: You give grace and glory: no good thing will You withhold from them that walk uprightly. I am blessed because I know the joyful sound: I shall walk, O Lord, in the light of Your countenance. In the name of Jesus I do Your commandments that I may have rights to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. Amen.

Scripture Reading Psalm 84:11 (KJV) Psalm 86:11 (KJV) Psalm 89:15 (KJV) Rev. 22:14 (KJV)

Dear Lord, help me to leave spaces in my days for quiet growth, for new ideas, for dreams and new insights, for perspectives and directions, for listening to Your quiet voice, and sensing Your will for me. ... Let me not limit my quiet time by setting boundaries, lest I miss out on what Your Holy Spirit has uniquely for me!

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Loving Lord, inspire me to be welcoming and generous in my attitude to others, showing individuals that they matter and are important. May I make a difference to someone in my part of the world today. Amen.

Escaping Evil, Embracing Truth

2 Timothy 2:22-26

Dear Father,

Help me to escape evil passions and to aim at righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with all who call upon the Lord from a pure heart.

Give me the wisdom to avoid stupid, senseless quarrels and controversies. Help me to be kind and forbearing toward everyone, teaching and correcting with gentleness any who may oppose your doctrine.

My God, grant those who are estranged from you in mind to be persuaded by the truth and turn in repentance toward you, that they may escape from the devil after having been captured by him to do his will.

In the name of Jesus I ask. Amen.

“A Prayer To The Unchanging God”

Father, we thank You for the sweet glorious message that simple faith claims; that yesterday, today and forever Jesus is still the same. For still He loves to save the sinful, heal the sick and lame. He cheers the mourner and stills the tempest, we give glory to His name. Yesterday, today and forever Jesus is the same. Everything else changes but Jesus never, glory to His name! Be magnified in our lives we pray. Amen.
Prayer adapted from the hymn, “Yesterday, Today, Forever” by A.B. Simpson

Hear my voice when I call, O Lord; be merciful to me and answer me. My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek. Do not hide your face from me. Psalm 27:7–9a, NIV

We thank you, dear Father in heaven, that you let the light from your face shine into our hearts. Look upon our time, we pray, with your clear, penetrating eyes, and let men sense that they are watched over by more than they are able to see. Let men realize that a strong God and Father is watching over them. Protect us on our way, and let your light shine ever more brightly, so that in all we do your name is glorified. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. As a new day starts please remind me that if I can dream, I can do anything.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #25
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 28

Martin Luther's Prayer for Morning

I give thanks to you, heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ your dear Son, that you have protected me through the night from all danger and harm. I ask you to preserve and keep me, this day also, from all sin and evil, that in all my thoughts, words, and deeds I may serve and please you. Into your hands I commend my body and soul and all that is mine. Let your holy angels have charge of me, that the wicked one have no power over me. Amen.

Prayer to Cast Aside Bad Habits

Mighty Holy Spirit, face of the one true God, help me, for I have slipped into bad habits. Something in me defies my attempts to change, and I feel compelled to do that which I do not want to do. I feel weak and ashamed, and I turn to you for help. Help me, dear God. Help me to resist this temptation. Lend me your mighty power to cast it aside.

You have graciously promised that you would not let us be tempted beyond our ability, but instead, would provide an escape for any temptation we pray to resist. Holy Spirit, show me my escape from my bad habit. Let me resolve to work on it, to pray on it, to turn it into a habit of good; for I know how you love righteous conduct, and my love for you longs to please you. Work your power to help me please you, might God; for I know that with your help, I can overcome any evil. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

May the God who made me, the God who keeps me, and the God who will be my Lord through all eternity, shine down His blessings and wisdom upon me like the sun upon a field; and may I keep Him in the forefront of my every thought and deed, throughout this day, and evermore. Amen.

Affirmation of Deliverance

Today I will extol the Lord; praise shall continually be on my lips. My soul will boast in the Lord; when I am afflicted I will hear the voice of my God and rejoice. Come, glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together. When I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. I look to Him and I am radiant, my face is never covered with shame. I called, and He heard me; He saved me out of all my troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps around me because I revere Him, and He delivers me. Praise the name of the Lord! Amen

Scripture Reading Psalm 34:1-7 (NIV)

Dear Lord, there are times when I feel overwhelmed, caught in a web of insurmountable problems, not knowing where to turn. My heart has needs that my mind cannot answer. Oh Lord, teach me to turn everything over to You, to relax, to trust You, to "climb my watchtower and wait to see what answer You will give to my complaint."* ... Remind me that my weakness is also my opportunity to discover Your strength. Forgive me, Lord, for forgetting that You never expected me to carry my burdens alone. ... I need You every hour, I need You. Do not abandon me.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (See Hab. 2:1 -- TLB & NKJ)

Lord, we give you thanks for the assurance that the past can be left to your mercy, the present to your love, and the future to your providence. Help us to grow more aware of your loving presence, that we may live more authentically and proclaim by our words and actions the good news of the fullness of your love. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen

“A Prayer For Reflecting Christ”

Father, we want to resemble You in our attitudes and our actions, as we are being transformed into Your likeness with ever-increasing glory. How grateful we are that the people we are today will improve with time as we stay the course and invite the work of the Holy Spirit to continue its sharpening chisel making less of us and more of You. May all our thought and words and doings honor You and reflect Your Holy Spirit. Be magnified in our lives, whether in our suffering affliction and loss, or achieving a life-long goal. In all we do we seek to honor You. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 29

What a Great Morning

Holy God, thank you for giving me another morning! I am lucky to be alive on your beautiful planet, so full of marvelous things and the beautiful plants and animals and all the people you have created in your image. Fill me with your Holy Spirit, now and all day long, until I go to sleep, because I want to live with you every minute of this day. The time and opportunities I have right now will never return, so help me make the best of it, Lord. And let me remember this one thing: You know what you are doing, whether I can see it or not; so I will try to remember today that you are in charge, that you put me here for a reason and that, by your grace, things will turn out with your triumph and the Kingdom of Heaven, for all those who live by your grace. All praise to you forever, Amen.

Holy God, I pray to be filled with your Holy Spirit for the rest of this day. Let me go forth, walking with your Spirit in my heart, that I may be filled with the joy and energy and praise for your entire creation, thankful in the many gifts you have given me, and showing forth your light in my every word and deed. This I pray in Christ's name, Amen.

The Stronghold of Accusation

Father God, I repent and renounce all accusations I have spoken against You, others and myself. Forgive me for being suspicious rather than discerning, and looking for evil intent rather than believing the best. I repent of and renounce self-pity, inordinate sensitivity, and gossip. Now is come my salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of my God, and the power of His Christ…I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen

Scripture Reading Rev. 12:10-11 (KJV)

Dear Lord, just for today, I will try to serve You by putting Your will ahead of my desires. ... Just for today, I will try to think before I speak or act, asking myself, "How would Jesus respond?" ... Just for today, I will try to live out my faith with the help and strength of the Holy Spirit -- one day at a time. ... Help me, for I often forget.

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.

My Father, may there be no room in my soul for doubt. Help me to be cautious and careful that my own neglect and carelessness may not cause the loss of my faith. May I be trustful as I look for the great light that guides me over the uncertain way. Amen.

Lord Jesus, your friends said to you: “Teach us how to pray”. We ask that you give us the fullness of your Spirit to help us to pray, so that we may grow in friendship with you. Amen.

“A Prayer For Living In Purity”

Father, help each of us to be on guard against the trappings of the devil and remain steadfast in resisting temptation at each step. We want to live in a way that pleases you, Father, as You have taught us. We want to guard our hearts against the lure of the enemy, so that we continue to experience the holy and abundant life that You have provided for us. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
See II Thessalonians 4:3-5, Proverbs 4:23

Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith...Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by eating ceremonial foods, which is of no benefit to those who do so. Hebrews 13:7, 9, NIV

Lord our God, dear Father in heaven, we thank you for all you do in our lives, for you stretch out your hand to us on earth through our Savior Jesus Christ. We entrust ourselves to you, knowing that everything depends on your rule over our lives. It is your rule that enables us to go forward in your strength and in your light, always finding new joy in spite of struggles and temptations. May your mighty hand be with those who call to you, no matter how they may do it. You see into their hearts. You know those who are sincere, and you will send your Savior to bring them out of all evil and darkness. Be with us today and every day. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for today and every day you give me. Sometimes I am unsure of my path and I feel lost. I ask you to guide me today, for I am not sure what path I must take. Please help me make the right decisions, not only for myself, but my family as well.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 30

Prayer for the Morning

I call upon you, O Lord. In the morning you hear me; in the morning I offer you my prayer, watching and waiting.

I lift my heart to you, O Lord, to be strengthened for this day. Be with me in all I do, my God; guide me in all my ways.

I will carry some burdens today; some trials will be mine. So I wait for your help, Lord, lest I stumble and fall.

I will do my work, Father, the work begun by your Son. He lives in me and I in him; may his work today be done. Amen.

Prayer for Holiness

Holy God, no one can put together what has crumbled into dust, but you can restore a conscience turned to ashes. You can restore to its former beauty a soul lost and without hope. With you, there is nothing that cannot be redeemed. You are love; You are Creator and Redeemer. I praise you with my every ounce.

Keep me safe with the power of your Grace; save me from falling away from you. Save me from doubt. Incline my heart to hear your mysterious voice every moment of my life and thus be led to call upon you, for you are present in every thing and every moment. Amen.

Finally, let me go forth in thanks for the victory I have been given through our Lord Jesus Christ. May I be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, and always remembering that in the Lord our labor is not in vain. Amen.

Heavenly Father, help me to-day to look into my heart and see the truth of my life, and show me thy heart that I may see the truth of life. Amen.

“A Prayer Of Thanks For Good Soil”

Father, we thank You for soil, one of Your great creations from the very beginning that we simply take for granted. We want to be like the good soil mentioned in the Parable of the Sower; the one that hears the Word, absorbs its message and understands its meaning and as a result brings forth an abundance of fruit; the kind that has lasting eternal value such as love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control. Just like water, soil and air produce good vegetation, so also the Bible, prayer, and worship produce godliness in the believer. May we faithful in doing our part. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. John 10:27–28, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you for moving our hearts so that we may know we are your children. Even in the midst of turmoil and evil, fear and pain, you bring us happiness; we can know that you are holding us with your right hand and will finally deliver us from all evil. Let your Spirit be at work everywhere. Give us patience when time is needed in our own hearts and in the hearts of our fellow men, who also belong to you. Continue to strengthen us so that even the heaviest burden does not crush us and we may exult in hope because you right every wrong, to the glory of your name. Amen.

Dear Lord, please help me to find the inspiration to show how beautiful the world can be to those who only see despair and loneliness.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 31

Prayer of Thanks

Heavenly Father, I thank you for my life and everything you have bestowed upon me and upon all people, this day and every day. I thank you for the good and bad, the understanding of forgiveness, and your holy power, without which we would have nothing. I thank you this day for all your blessings, your gifts, your never ending love for us. Although we all are sinners, I ask you to forgive me every day for what I might have done wrong, that I might not have noticed. Even though we all come short of the glory of God, I thank you for the sacrifice of your only son Jesus Christ for all our sins. You and only you know us Father and you know if our hearts are true. So once again, I thank you with all my heart and soul. In the name of Christ I pray, Amen.

And finally, may the grace of Christ our Savior, and the Father's boundless love, with the Holy Spirit's favor, rest upon me, and all of us, from above. Thus may we abide in union, with each other and the Lord, and possess, in sweet communion, joys which earth cannot afford. Amen.

Dear Lord, just as each new day brings its own problems, so does each day show our need for You. ... Oh Lord, open my eyes to see that I need to come to You daily for guidance. I need to come to You in prayer and to study Your Word, in order to be able to recognize Your leading. ... You have said that man does not live by bread alone. ... Forgive us all, for too often we have wanted to go our own way, to "do our own thing." Remind each of us that while enthusiasm is laudable, wisdom is also necessary. Help us, Lord, to seek Your will and Your guidance each morning to be ready for whatever the day brings.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Lord, I ask for the power of your Spirit in my life that I may live in such a way that I show kindness in another’s trouble, and courage in my own. Amen.

“A Prayer For Pleasing God”

Father, I make it my goal to please You. So many goals I make reap rewards that last only a season, but when I set goals for righteous living the rewards last not only for this life, but for all of eternity. In setting my goals help me to be willing to lay aside that which hinders and the sin that so easily entangles so that I will reap a harvest of righteousness and peace. I want my primary goal to be that which pleases You, and the only way I can learn about that is to read and heed the Scriptures. My overall goal is to persevere to the very end of this life so that when I enter the other side I hear these words of commendation, “Well done, good and faithful servant.” Amen.

You should think of us as Christ's servants, who have been put in charge of God's secret truths. The one thing required of such a servant is that he be faithful to his master. 1 Corinthians 4:1–2, TEV

Dear Father in heaven, open our hearts to see and feel how our lives have been blest. Open our hearts to your blessings so that we may look forward in thankfulness and joy to what lies ahead. Grant that we may be faithful to what we have received from you and never again lose ourselves in the passing moment. May we hold to all you have brought to our hearts from eternity, that your name may be honored and our lives shaped anew in Jesus Christ. Give us courage to overcome the evils in life and to look with joy and confident expectation to the future, when the powers of your kingdom will be ever more clearly revealed. Amen.

Dear Father, give me the wisdom to be patient and kind. Help me understand that sometimes people struggle to be understanding and forgiving.
Post New ThreadReply