Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2016, 04:33 PM   #1
Spiritual Engineer

Default Acceptance is an essential tool for a peaceful life; however acceptance occurs i

If I keep running headfirst into a brick wall and it always bloodies my head, I can deny that I’m hitting the wall or deny that it’s hurting me (denying the FACT of reality); but then, this leads to repeating the same action and suffering the same result. If I want to quit hurting, I face three levels of acceptance:

1) Resistive acceptance: I understand that the reality does exist (I accept the FACT of reality—it is what is); I bear up resignedly and believe that it’s wrong or unfair. (I don’t want that wall to be here; it’s not fair or right but if I want to stop hurting, I’d better quit running into it).

2) Neutral acceptance: I am at peace with the facts; I cease struggling; although I still don’t like or appreciate what has happened, I calmly accept it and move forward with my life. (I don’t agree with this wall being there; I don’t like it or understand it, but it must serve some purpose; I cease giving it power to cause me emotional turmoil.)

3) Total acceptance: I enhance my understanding; something makes me see how the reality I face can actually benefit me and I start to appreciate it. (I had the opportunity to view what's on the other side of the wall and it’s keeping a pride of lions from attacking me! I would be insane to tear it down. I’m grateful for that wall)

Prayer: God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Take three relaxing breaths; ask your inner spirit to guide your meditation; reflect on the content, pausing for a few minutes in silence
Spiritual Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiritual Engineer For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply