Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06-28-2014, 03:42 AM   #1
RickyWard

Default Alcoholic man and still in recovery

I am Ricky Ward from LA and I am Alcoholic. I got alcoholic after my Dad died last year. I have a broken family and I'm an only child. Alcohol makes me happy. I felt like I am on a different world. When my father died last year, I now fully understood why he had to drink much. After my parents broke up, my dad told me that alcohol was his medicine to cure his depression on their separation. Today, since I am on my own, with no parents to approach, I saw alcohol as my crying shoulder. I don't know why. It’s just that, I love it. I went to this thread because I want to share my feelings when I was in the influence of alcohol. My mind seems to think my past. I am very vocal when I'm tipsy but I don't know the details when I'm already drunk. My friends are telling me that I am very talkative when I was in the influence of alcohol. I wish I can talk to everyone for my recovery
RickyWard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RickyWard For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2014, 07:25 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thank you for sharing. Alcohol is a depressant. So misery like company, so alcohol will seem to be a real treat. When it stops working for you, where do you go?

If you don't want to be alone, may I suggest AA. There are people there who have been where you have been. It is a great place for support. You don't even have to go there sober the first time, check it out and hopefully you will find something there that will take that loneliness away.

Alcohol is a drug that says you don't have a problem. I know I stopped living and I became an isolated and just existed instead of living my life.

Prayers out for you. Glad you came, hope you will continue to come and check out the material on the site.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:39 AM   #3
RickyWard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajestyJo View Post
Thank you for sharing. Alcohol is a depressant. So misery like company, so alcohol will seem to be a real treat. When it stops working for you, where do you go?

If you don't want to be alone, may I suggest AA. There are people there who have been where you have been. It is a great place for support. You don't even have to go there sober the first time, check it out and hopefully you will find something there that will take that loneliness away.

Alcohol is a drug that says you don't have a problem. I know I stopped living and I became an isolated and just existed instead of living my life.

Prayers out for you. Glad you came, hope you will continue to come and check out the material on the site.

Thanks too MajestyJo There is someone told me about AA and he told me to try it too because he is also a member of a forum but in different gorup and there was a person who belongs in AA. Well, since you suggested that for me let me help to be part of AA group, is if its okay with you?
The Following User Says Thank You to RickyWard For Sharing:
Old 07-09-2014, 02:32 AM   #4
RickyWard

Default Re: Alcoholic man and still in recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtWells View Post
Welcome Ricky Ward! Thanks for sharing you story. Nice meeting you
Thanks KurtWells How are you today?
The Following User Says Thank You to RickyWard For Sharing:
Old 07-09-2014, 04:28 AM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

The decision is yours, all I can do is make suggestions and share my experience, strength, and hope. Many people didn't do what I did, but for me to use is to die, I felt I had no option that to check out all my resources.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:18 AM   #6
kaya

its for you

I am a puppet, held up by your strings.
I am a puppet trapped in your ring.

I am a puppet for you to enjoy,
I am a puppet I am your toy.

I am a puppet for you to use
like hollow wood for you to use

I am attached I'm only yours
a puppets act to earn your applause

I am the peasant and you are the king
and my only escape is to cut the strings

There is only one way for a puppet to die...
You must cut the strings and commit suicide.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:50 AM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thank you for sharing Kaya, I would like to think of the puppet taking charge of her own life and not giving up her power, but surrendering to the God of her understanding, and through that God. be empowered to do what she needs to do for herself. Suicide is such a waste.

Thank you for signing in and making the decision to join the family. Hope you will continue to come and share.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply