Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2014, 09:08 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

This is not a program to try to figure out or start intellectualizing. Quit trying to figure it out, just trust and know it will work for you, IF you are willing to work it.

It is my belief that the program of AA was divinely inspired. It was a group of men and women, who had group conscience, guided by two amazing men who shared their experience, strength, and hope with others.

AA's start was religious and was part of the Oxford Group. They came to realize that they had to open the door so that ALL could recovery. It doesn't matter what you call your God, as long as you call Him/Her.

http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/history/a/blmitch2.htm

As I have said before, "Don't leave someone outside of the circle." Don't close the door on those who don't believe as you do. All that we are asked to do is believe, even if you don't believe in God, the program can work for you.

Those of us who have religious belief are enriched by the spiritual aspect of the program.

http://www.12wisdomsteps.com/related..._movement.html

How egotistical of us to think that our small mind, can know the mind of God. It is a one day at a time program, that is why I like to say, "God is as He reveals Himself to me in today." He is so much bigger than anything that I can comprehend, that is why I have to have that daily contact.

As I said when I was a year sober, "I went on a spiritual quest, I didn't want to know who God was, because I would be dead. I choose to live." I perfer to continue my quest, and build a relationship with my God.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply