Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 2

Prayer for Guidance

Lord, teach me to number my days aright, that I may gain wisdom of heart. Help me do today the things that matter, not to waste the time I have.

The moments I have are precious, Lord, see that I count them dear. Teach me to number my days aright. Fill me this day with your kindness, that I may be glad and rejoice all the days of my life. Through Christ I pray, Amen.

A Prayer of Repentance

O Lord our God, good and merciful, I acknowledge all my sins which I have committed every day of my life, in thought, word and deed; in body and soul alike. I am heartily sorry that I have ever offended you, and I sincerely repent; with tears I humbly pray to you, O Lord: of your mercy forgive me all my past transgressions and absolve me from them. I firmly resolve, with the help of your grace, to amend my way of life and to sin no more; that I may walk in the way of the righteous and offer praise and glory to the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.

Furthering the Faith

Titus 1:1-9

Dear Father, the God who never lies,

Grant that my life will further the faith of your chosen people and increase their knowledge of the truth that accords with godliness, in hope of eternal life which you promised ages ago and at the proper time manifested through the preaching of your word.

May the leaders of your people be blameless, good stewards of the responsibility which you give them. May they hold firmly to your sure word as taught by your apostles. May they love and demonstrate everything that is good, and by word and deed refute the advocates of evil.

In the name of Jesus I ask. Amen.

Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger...through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything. 2 Corinthians 6:4–5, 8b–10, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, you are always near to us on earth, and we thank you for all the love you put into our lives so that we can be joyful, even in all kinds of temptations and struggles. How much you have given us and how often you have rescued us from distress! Again and again you have let the light of life shine out. You give us light not only for the moment but also for the future, enabling us to draw strength and assurance from the present, the past, and the future, to the glory of your name. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for today. Today I have nothing to ask for, only thanks to give. Thank you for being there for me.

Our Eternal Father, thank you for your plan for us to work and enjoy the fruits of our labor. Thank you for the joy of sharing with neighbors. May this Labor Day see many needy people satisfied and many looking for work able to find employment. Encourage those who are persecuted and harassed because they gather for worship and enlightenment as Christians and seekers. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for showing us how to live in this life through Your Word. Lord, help me to give more attention to the Bible, instead of the many things that the world is saying. Lord, help me to hide Your Word in my heart so that I do not sin against You. I desire to have Your wisdom in every area of my life. Lord, open my understanding to Your Word so that I might do the right things and avoid the wrong things that create problems in my life. May Your wisdom prevail in my life, my home and my business, so that You will be glorified in all that I do. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Prayer for Shelter Against the Storm
Rev. Thomas L. Weitzel
God of heaven and earth, God who carries our lives and the lives of our whole community in your hands, be with us in the peril of this day/night. Help us to release our anxieties and fears into those same caring hands, knowing in faith that your will for us is life and everlasting good. Send your holy angels to watch over us and guard us. May they spread their holy wings to give us shelter against the storm. For you alone, O God, are all good, all life, all love, and that love is for us; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply