Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 6

Prayer to Dedicate This Day to God

Holy God, as I face another day, I know I am going to face many challenges: to my faith, to my patience, to my love for others. I am going to have constant temptations to lapse into sin. Come to me now, Lord, and stay with me all day. Let your Spirit encompass my mind. Let me know your presence. Steer my hand, direct my words, guide my thoughts in everything I think and say and do. I resolve to live this day as a beacon of your glory, the best I can, with your help. I commit myself to give this day to you. In the name of Christ, be with me and help me. Amen.

May the God of hope fill me and all of us with the joy and peace that comes from believing, so that we may abound in hope, by the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

My Desire

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for You, for the living God. You are my God, early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. The desire of my soul is for Your name…and by my spirit within me I will seek You early. You command Your lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night Your song shall be with me—a prayer to the God of my life. Amen

Scripture Reading Psalm 42 Psalm 63:1-2 Isaiah 26:8-9

Dear Lord, sometimes life is just too hectic, too fast-paced! I am apt to cry out, "Lord, give me patience, right now!" When will I learn? Often times after such a prayer, I find myself stalled in a traffic jam, or caught in a supermarket line where the person checking out can't find her pen or her identification card. It is getting so that I am almost afraid to pray that prayer, Lord, for You seem to answer it by giving me more opportunities to practice patience! ... Remind me even then, that You didn't tell me to crowd so many activities into my schedule that 24-hour days would not be long enough! In fact, You don't even tell time by hours and minutes, do You? You might even see some things in my schedule that should have been left out. ... Help me Lord, to consult You before I plan my day, and not run ahead of You.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Renouncing Worldliness

Titus 2:4-14

Dear Father,

Help me to be submissive to others' needs, to give them satisfaction, to show entire and true fidelity, so that in everything I may adorn your teaching, my God and Savior, my Teacher.

I want to renounce irreligion and worldly passions, and to live a sober, upright and godly life in this world. I want to wait for (and hasten!) the appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all iniquity and to purify for himself a people of his own who are zealous for good works.

Please purify me, even as Christ is pure, through the blessed hope of his ultimate and world-wide, and yet personal, redemption.

In the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." Mark 10:14–15, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, how shall we thank you for all you give to us, your children, for the great wisdom and power you hold in readiness for us if we are childlike? We want to be glad in your presence. We do not want to weep and complain, though tears often threaten to come. We simply want to ask you to protect us, your children. Protect all your children on earth. Let the pain that breaks over them be taken away, for the sake of the whole world. Even when we must follow a hard road, let all the suffering we endure become part of the fight that brings in the kingdom of heaven, bringing your purpose to the earth and great mercy to the peoples, bringing to all the world the wonderful forgiveness that enables men to be reborn, until at last all are called your children. Sustain us. Help us. Bless us. May the Savior always live among us, reviving and strengthening us in body and soul. Amen.

Dear Lord, please give me the wisdom to know sometimes even if my need is complicated, the answer can be simple.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your patience and love toward me. I have failed You many times, but You have never failed me. Lord, purify my thoughts so that they will be pleasing to You. May Your Words dwell in my heart and my mind so that I will not sin against You. Lord, may I think loving and kind thoughts toward others and may I never be a scoffer and one who demeans others. Deliver me from all foolish thoughts and give me the mind of Christ, so that I am a good witness for You in this world. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply