Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 8

For the Spirit of Prayer

Almighty God, who pours out the spirit of grace and of supplication to all who ask for it; Deliver me, when I draw near to you, from coldness of heart and wanderings of mind, so that with steadfast thoughts and kindled affections, I may worship You in spirit and in truth; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer To Do God's Will

Thy will be done. Dear God, I am full of the sound of my own voice, that lump of pride deep within me that will not go away, no matter how I try. Give me the strength through the power of your Holy Spirit to hear your voice and follow it, fighting the temptation to sin that bubbles up inside me whenever my mind strays from you.

Thy will be done. Thy will be done. Thy will be done.

You have commanded us to love one another, this I know without doubt. And yet all day I am filled with judgments, with resentments, with anger that sneaks in and grabs me when I am not paying attention to you. I pray dear God, that you will soften my heart to my fellow humans, no matter how sinfully they may act, and leave the judging to you, as you have commanded. Fill me with acceptance in place of judgment, sympathy in place of anger, faith in place of resentment. For my judgments and anger are the creatures of pride.

May I do thy will this day and for all the coming week, in the name of Christ I pray, Amen.

Confession

Have mercy on me, Oh Lord, for I am a humble and miserable sinner. [At this point, pause to remember specific sins you have committed during the week and speak or think them.] I renounce all of these sins, heavenly Father, and repent of them, and I promise to make every effort not to repeat them.

Have mercy on me, pardon me for these offences and any I might have omitted from forgetfulness or ignorance; in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, I pray for forgiveness. And I pray that your Holy Spirit may dwell with me in the coming day, to comfort me, to give me strength against temptation, and to guide me into the path of righteousness. Amen.

(from St. Teresa of Avila)

May it please you, my good Lord, that there may come a day when I can repay a little of my great debt to you. O Jesus, strengthen my soul, you who are good above all good; and since you have inclined my soul in this way, show me how I may act for you, whatever it may cost, O Lord. Here is my life, my honor and my will; I have given them all to you and they are yours: use me to do whatever you want. Amen.

Wisdom for Today

Father, I need You; I need Your wisdom as I walk through this day—at home and at work—in all my relationships. You caused Jesus to be made wisdom unto me. Holy Spirit, remind me that the fear of the Lord is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding. I reverence You, my Lord, and depart from evil. Thank You for Your gift of wisdom that is from above. Help me remember that it is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. Amen

Scripture Reading Job 28 James 3:17

Almighty God, cause me to look out this morning, and open wide my eyes, that I may see what great preparation thou hast made that I might live. Amen.

Lord, we know that each of us will experience difficulties of various kinds at different times in our lives. We pray for courage at those times, but we also pray for courage and strength to join others and be of support when they are in difficulty. Amen

Father, we thank you for this new day and Your gift of life. We pray that You would visit every church congregation today with the gift of repentance and fear of the Lord. May the hearts of believers be stirred to repentance, confession and deliverance. Pour out your love upon us so that each believer will overflow with your love and be a witness to unbelievers around us. Give us wisdom and may Your will be done. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for blessing me and Lord, give me a greater heart to reach out and bless others. Lord, keep me from selfishness, greed, insecurity, lust, indifference and any other thing that would keep me from giving of the things You have given me. May I always be reminded that all I own belongs to You, and I am only a steward over it. Lord, I want to hear Your voice as to where I should give and how much I should give. Lord, I always want to be generous and kind and one who reaches out to the poor and needy. Help me to be sensitive to those who are hurting and deliver me from any hardness of heart that would cause me to turn a deaf ear to the needs of others. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply