Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 20

Prayer to Gain and Share Wisdom

Lord, there is so much that I don't know, and I ask you to inspire me with a thirst for knowledge. I pray, too, for wisdom and understanding that I may use my knowledge well. I give thanks for many people I have never met whose knowledge and understanding have been passed on to me. I ask that I may benefit from their work and experience and may contribute, in turn, to the well-being of others. Amen.

Let the word of Christ richly dwell within me all this day; and whatever I do in word or deed, may I do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Amen.

Dear Lord Jesus, we sing that old hymn, "What A Friend We Have In Jesus," but how do we define "friend?" I once wrote this definition: "A friend is someone who compliments you enough to encourage you, who is honest enough to keep you humble while being tactful enough to make his honesty acceptable, and who is sensitive enough to your feelings to let you know that he loves you." ... The more I grow in my faith and the better I know You, the more I realize that You are that friend! Now, I can define friend in two words - Jesus Christ! ... How well our parents and grandparents knew You when they sang, "What A Friend We Have In Jesus." Sometimes we only discover this when You are all we have to count on! Thank You for Your loving, caring presence in our lives.

In Your holy name we pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, I pray that thou wilt help me to correct my life to-day that I may know a better way to-morrow; and may I be mindful and try to do right. Grant that I may be patient and kind if I may be sick or in need, and always keep uppermost the faith of deliverance and eternal care. Amen.

Inspire me, Lord, so that I may reflect your image and likeness a little more clearly each day. Amen.

Dear Father, help me find peace in joy in a world that often is full of pain and suffering. Help me be a beacon of hope when others are in need. Give me the wisdom to guide them in the right direction.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply