Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2016, 06:50 PM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
"Live and Let Live"

When we live and let live, we don't need to criticize, judge, or
condemn others. We have no need to control them or try and
make them conform to our way of thinking. We let others live
their own lives and we live ours.
Love this slogan ever since my sponsor told me the key word was the first one. Live my own life, no longer put it on hold for someone else, no longer looking at the other person to see what they would do, no longer sitting home worrying about what they were doing, but going out and doing for myself.

No longer putting my life on hold, waiting for the other person's wants and desires. So many times I would work myself in to a frazzle and I would be paralyzed and unable to do for myself. All I would do is sit and stew. What is he doing? What is he up to? Was that siren for him? Should I call the hospital? Should I call the police. Went through the same thing with my ex-husband. I am glad that today I have program. It was a hell I don't want to repeat. It helps me to remember when and know that I have a choice, an option to stay in it or get myself out.

Quote:
Live and let live is one of the keys to bring peace into our lives. When we practice tolerance in our lives we are liberated to work on our own issues. When we use this slogan we end many of the conflicts in our lives and gain the ability to stop new ones before they build into big ones.
How often I know the words but get caught up in the moment and how quickly I can forget. That is why I like sharing here. The words come out and put order to my thoughts and I can see where I am at and if I don't others will point it out! That is good. It is so much easier to see it in others and know what is good for them. How easy it is to forget that this is a program of reflection.

Love "Letting Go and Letting God." My problem is keeping it with Him and not taking it back.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply