Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2016, 01:06 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - September 30

God generously offers grace to everyone.

As we are open to the leading of the Holy Spirit and as we renew our minds with God’s word, we are transformed. Then we can also transform the world around us.

When our lives do not go as we planned, God gives us the opportunity to reach within ourselves and find the hidden “something” to rise above that difficulty — perhaps an insight God has already provided from a past experience. Each time we come through a trial with a greater understanding of our Lord, we are adding another perfect detail in God’s unique plan for our lives. God truly has supplied all we need to face anything that life brings our way.

We can pray anytime, anywhere, and about anything. It’s amazing that God, who created everything, loves us and wants a relationship with us. Our prayer time with God is too important to miss.

No matter what words we use, God hears when we pray.

God says give your burdens to him. If you are burdened, if you are weary, go to God and he will give you rest from your burdens. His peace he will give you, that peace passes all understanding.

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

She Just Kept on Talking by Sally I. Kennedy
And now,..one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. (Philippians 4:8)
It was still early, and I was trying to be quiet so as not to disturb the other person in the room. Using my phone I typed in directions to a place we had to make a stop at later that day. The volume ringer was off, the address plus current location plugged in, when all of a sudden the phone directions voice kicked in.
It was loud! She just wouldn't quit talking, routing and re-routing me, though i was pushing buttons and touching the screen in several spots. Tried turning the volume down, then putting the phone under a pillow. I was about to reboot and decided to try turning off my location.
The voice wouldn't stop off until I turned off the location device. Sometimes voices that someone else has said, or that I tell myself, play over and over and it is hard to silence them. Something triggers ‘old tapes’ and ‘word curses’. Things like ‘you’ll never amount to anything’, ‘you just never get it right, do you?’, ‘it’ll be a miracle if you ever (get a decent job, get your life together, have a decent relationship)'. These voices that come back unbidden can be kicked out when you turn off old locations and stand firmly on where you are today.
It is good to know Whose you are, and who GOD says you are! All things have past and you are a new creation in Christ. Your mind is being renewed daily. You direct your thinking toward things that are true and honorable.
The Lord will not quit talking; that’s good news.
Today I choose to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit. I will keep shut off any voices from old locations. Lord, please grant me ears to hear, in Jesus’ name, amen.
Let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. (Ephesians 4:23)

"Don't let your doubts sabotage your actions. Just do it!" By Kay Heitsch
This is a true story from years ago. What happened by 'taking action' and 'just doing it' changed my thinking from that day until now.
One morning I was sitting on the couch doing my daily Bible study. Out of nowhere I had a thought to go to the corn stand at the Antique Mall. This seemed really odd to me.
One reason was because the Antique Mall was in another town. Plus, I had no idea if they even had a corn stand there. I tried to dismiss the thought, but it wouldn't go away. Finally, I said to the Lord, "You know my heart and I really want to do what You are saying. If this is You telling me to go I want to obey, if this is not, You know my heart is right."
I got up and left everything as it was and got in the van. I drove to the Antique Mall wondering what I would find. Lo and behold, there was a corn stand. I stopped and thought, Well, now what do I do?
The thought to get out and buy some corn came to me. Good idea! After I bought the corn I was still confused to why I was there. I put the corn in the van and noticed some inspirational booklets I had in the van. I pick one out and walked over and handed it to the girl selling corn.
With a look of surprise this girl asked, "Who sent you?" I was stunned and answered, "God." When I said, "God" this young girl came around the counter with tears in her eyes and hugged me.
She explained that about 20 minutes earlier she had received some news she wasn't expecting. She went on to tell me that she had prayed that God would send someone to her. We were both amazed God sent me, a stranger. I am so happy that I didn't let my 'doubts sabotage my actions'.
Since then, whenever I think God may be telling me something, I take no chances, I "just do it!"

The Meadow by way of Tim’s Inspiration
It was a warm breezy summer day in July and a perfect day for a walk. My first thought was to go to the meadow, a place where I feel comfortable and secure as if God's hands are around me. The meadow is a place where you can see all of God's handiwork if you take the time and watch closely, looking beyond the obvious.
Upon entering the meadow the first thing that caught my eye was the way the winds blew softly across the sea of yellow goldenrods. It was as though each flower was in sync with the other as they moved in unison to and fro in the gentle summer breeze.
The time passed quickly as I became mesmerized by the swaying motion of this sea of yellow flowers. I could hear the soft, soothing sounds of the bees as they flew from flower to flower. There was a yellow haze over the flowers as pollen filled the air, and its fragrance was sweet and refreshing. I realized that was God's way of helping the bees do their never ending task of pollinating the flowers of the meadow.
As I looked closer I could see the small birds that were clinging to the golden rods. They seem so peaceful as they rode back and forth on the stems, almost as if God had created this motion just for their enjoyment. What was actually happening was, they were being fed by God's handiwork. The wind was causing the bugs that lit on the flowers to become airborne and as they did the birds would feast upon them. It was as though they knew that all this was being done, just for them.
At the extreme end of the meadow I noticed several raspberry bushes which were blessed with an abundance of ripened fruit. Looking closer, under the bushes, were rabbits, field mice and woodchucks feeding on the ripened berries that were close to the ground. Just behind them were deer eating the berries that were higher on the bush. It was obvious at this point that God was providing food for his creatures.
The day passed all too quickly but that was of no importance to me. The things I had seen were so beautiful and special that time seemed to have stood still. I had been lost in the overwhelming creations of God, and had learned that he provides for all his creatures no matter what their needs. I felt safe and secure in all that was around me, realizing that I too was a creature of God and that He was providing for me.
Sleep well my friend, wherever you may be . . .

Joy In Every Season from Life Is Better At the Beach
Don’t be anxious when you feel the seasons changing; they come and they go just as the tide rises and falls.
There is a rhythm the oceans follow.
The waves swell and recede; the tide goes in and out. It affects fishing, sea life, climate, and beachgoers alike. It seems silly to fight against the tide because it’s going to continue going in and out even if you try to resist. The best thing you can do is adjust to its coming and going.
The tide has a rhythm, and so does your life.
There will be seasons of sorrow and loss, times when the tears won’t stop. There will be times when you are filled with joy and hope. You see countless blessings in your life, and they make your heart sing. You may have seasons where you feel alone. You ache for companionship, for someone who understands you. Cry out to God — He hears and He helps.
Just as the trees change in the fall and the sun shines brightly in the summer, you will not stay in the same season forever. If you’re in a barren and desolate winter, take heart because spring is coming. If you feel the warm rays of sun in a season of summer, enjoy it. Don’t look in dismay at the coming seasons. Bask in the sunlight, and give thanks.
There are seasons of busyness, and then a reprieve comes. Don’t be anxious when you feel the seasons changing; they come and they go just as the tide rises and falls.
And the One who holds the oceans in His hand and set each star in its place will most certainly be with you through every single season.
Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. — Harriet Beecher Stowe
Your Turn: Nehemiah 8:10 says, “… the joy of the Lord is your strength”. Joy is also a fruit of the spirit (Galatians 5:22). Job 8:21 says, “[God] will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.” And, we receive the promise of Psalm 30:11, “You turned my wailing into dancing; You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy.” God’s Word says a lot about joy because that is how He created us to live — in a joyful relationship with Him!

How to stay out of life’s bad ruts by Allan Olsen
“I have the right to do anything,” you say – but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything” – but I will not be mastered by anything. - 1 Corinthians 6:12
Many years ago when the Western United States was being settled, most of the roads consisted only of wagon tracks. These tough roads were very hard to navigate, particularly because wagons would often get stuck in the wheel ruts that had been created by other wagons, and getting out of those deep ruts could be extremely difficult.
One wagon trail even had a sign that read: Avoid this rut or you will be in it for the next 25 miles.
Most people would admit they’ve been stuck in a rut at some point in their lives. But how can we know if the rut we’re in is a good rut or a bad rut? In other words, how do we make sure the habits we’re building are life-giving instead of life-draining?
The key to making sure your habits are healthy ones is to ask the simple question: “Is God glorified by this?” If we look at our habitual behavior and see that it brings honor to only ourselves, then that’s a rut God wants us to leave behind!
It’s never too late to start developing healthy habits. So constantly examine your daily routine and refine it to be one that brings the most glory to God. When you stay out of the unhealthy ruts, you’ll experience the fullness of joy God has for you!
Prayer Challenge: Pray that God would expose to you the unhealthy “ruts” He wants you to leave behind.
Questions for Thought: When you look at your life, what are some unhealthy habits you’ve developed over time that God wants to help you break?
Think of one good habit you’d like to develop in your life over the next few months. How can you do that?

Jesus, You Are My Joy by Sarah Young from Jesus Always
Rejoice in the Lord always! Again I will say, rejoice! Phil. 4:4 (NKJV)
I am your Joy!
These four words can light up your life.
Since I am always with you, the Joy of My Presence is continually accessible to you.
You can open up to My Presence through your trust in Me, your love for Me. Try saying, “Jesus, You are my Joy.” My Light will shine upon you and within you as you rejoice in Me, your Savior.
Ponder all I have done for you and all that I am to you. This will lift you up above your circumstances.
When you became My follower, I empowered you to rise above the conditions in your life. I filled you with My Spirit, and this Holy Helper has limitless Power. I promised that I will come back and take you to be with Me in heaven — that you may be where I am forever.
Whenever your world is looking dark, brighten your perspective by focusing on Me. Relax in My Presence, and hear Me saying,
“Beloved, I am your Joy!”
Psalm 21:6 NIV: Surely you have granted him unending blessings and made him glad with the joy of your presence.
Philippians 4:4 NKJV: Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
John 14:3 NIV: And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
Your Turn: Let’s repeat that today, “Jesus, You are my Joy!” No matter what your circumstances are, “Jesus, You are my Joy!” If you are healthy, “Jesus, You are my Joy!” If you are ill or in grief, “Jesus, You are my Joy!” No matter what, “Jesus, You are my Joy!”

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
In this time of being challenged by difficult situations, you must persist in order to break through into victory. There are lessons to learn that will benefit you in the days ahead if you will take the time to evaluate honestly where you fell short. You must jump this hurdle before you can be fully ready to embrace all that I have prepared for you. Stand strong and resolute in the face of adversity, and trust Me to lead you into your destiny, says the Lord. 1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.

Beloved, I want you to remember that condemnation is a work of the flesh in response to the conviction of the Spirit. Condemnation will paralyze you spiritually and keep you from receiving wisdom and direction. To avoid this trap, you must walk in the Spirit, receive conviction, take correction, and make a change, says the Lord. Rise up out of that place of guilt and shame and leave the past behind. Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Search your heart and be objective in finding those things in you and in your circumstances that have kept you from being able to move forward to accomplish what I have set before you, says the Lord. Make the changes necessary to position yourself to be confident, strong, and able. Ask Me to help you. Psalms 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

This time of transition and turmoil has caused you to experience the feeling of being disconnected. That does not mean that you are actually disconnected, but rather that this new spiritual territory is unfamiliar. You are not yet comfortable, but you will settle in and continue to gain and maintain a level of ease. You will have more opportunities to grow and gain revelation through your experiences, but it will be much less chaotic, says the Lord. Draw close and stay connected to Me. Hosea 6:1 Come, and let us return to the LORD; for He has torn, but He will heal us; He has stricken, but He will bind us up.

You, My people, are in the process of spiritual refinement. You are being tested and purified so that I may find you fit to carry out My purposes in you and your place on the earth. No one can take your place or do what I have intended for you. You alone can carry out your singular objective as you yield to the work of My Spirit, says the Lord. Isaiah 48:10 Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.

Come close to Me, says the Lord, and I will speak to your heart. I will direct you to where you need to go and what you need to do. Let Me be your navigator. I will warn you when you are getting off track and steer you back to the correct course. But, you must trust Me and allow My intervention into your life. Quiet your soul, and let Me lead. Proverbs 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I hear the Lord saying very, very strongly that you are My people. Don't believe the lies that the enemy tells you that you don't belong to Me and that you have done things that are too hard for Me to forget about; too hard for you to overcome. That simply is not the case. So, come forth with great joy. Come into the land of the living, for in the land of the living all things are possible for you. Come in with joy and determination to position yourself now.

I hear the Lord say, rise up My people. Make for yourself new garments in this season, for the kingdom of God is at hand. The glory of the Kingdom shall become a covering to you and to those with whom you walk. So cast off the old, forgetting those things which are behind. Come into the newness of time and into this season with strength, joy and peace. Most of all come with a glorious expectation of My goodness, My presence and My power. For, surely I am the Lord your God who provides all those things necessary for you. So arise to a new position of faith today and call those things, which are not as those they were. Retain your joy and I say again rejoice. For, I have not left you, I have not forgotten you, or forsaken you. And, it is true that I will be with you always to lead and to guide you; to empower you and to teach you the things that pertain to the kingdom of God. For such is the time and such is the season. Come forth, My beloved, and be what you have been called to be, says the Lord.

HE
HE is the rock that I cling to,
my shelter in a storm.
HE can make the birds sing,
and shadows take bright form.
Whenever I am lonely,
whenever I have fears,
I call his name out softly,
and I know that HE hears.
--Theresa

"My Jesus and Me"
I spent time with Jesus today
I spoke his name and tried His commands to obey
How sweet to visit him during the daylight hours for comfort I find
As I share with him the things upon my mind
Today wasn't perfect, I suppose tomorrow won't be
But time is so sweetly spent when we are alone, my Jesus and me
Sorrows often come in one door or another in this life
But when we spend time alone
With God we find needed strength and comfort and less strife
I don't have to worry about what tomorrow might bring
For with Jesus beside me together we can handle anything
If you don't have time to spend with Jesus in prayer each day
I recommend you find the time for he is so wonderful and true
He helps me through each hour, friend and he longs to help you too!
Author Unknown

2 Corinthians 13:14 – May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. — Isaiah 40:31

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. — Romans 12:12

But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. — 1 Thessalonians 5:8

Trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) in the Lord and do good; so shall you dwell in the land and feed surely on His faithfulness, and truly you shall be fed. Psalm 37:3

Psalm 51:10 – Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

1 John 2:1 – My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense — Jesus Christ the Righteous One.

"The eyes of all look to you, LORD, and you give them their food at the proper time. You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing." Psalm 145:15-16

A Reminder by Orlanda Drebit
Psalm 121:8 – The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. (NIV 2011)
Whaaaaat? One minute I was striding purposefully along the parking lot towards my vehicle, and then, my ankle went under, and I was falling. Strangely, I was not afraid, but my first thought was, "Have I broken my ankle?"
Slowly, I felt my limbs. Everything was fine, but what had happened? The palms of my hands had taken the brunt of the fall. They were scuffed, but no abrasions had pierced through the skin. The left knee of my capris was ripped. Ah! A little scratch was bleeding on the knee. I was very thankful that I had worn longer capris that contained some denim. The fabric had protected my knee. As I got to my feet, I was overcome by a sense that this incident was part of a message from God.
Normally, a fall in the parking lot of a busy shopping mall would be witnessed by some passer-by, but not this time. Had I been injured, I would have been there for awhile, but aside from needing a little Band-Aid® on my knee, I was fine. I was also struck by a strong sense of gratitude. I said a quiet prayer to thank God for cushioning my fall and protecting me from injury.
As I began to walk back to my vehicle, I regarded my stained and ripped white capris. I thought, Oh well, they will have be thrown away. No, wait! Maybe I can just shorten them. Again, I was very aware that there was a message from God in this incident. He is always watching over me, even though I am unaware of all the times that He keeps me safe from physical and mental accidents. This was a tangible reminder. Also, like the capris that are stained but repairable, we sinners are "repairable" through God's grace and forgiveness. In Him, we can be made new.
We are all familiar with the miraculous care stories in the Bible: Noah and the animals before the flood, God feeding the Israelites in the desert, Jesus healing the blind and the lame. How often, though, do we stop to think about the everyday care that God provides to us?
Matthew 10:29-30 – Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father's care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. (NIV 2011)
Psalm 95:7a – For he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care. (NIV 2011)
What a wonderful God we serve! Today, may each of us remember to let Him know how much we appreciate His constant love, care, and provision.
Prayer: Thank You, Father, for reminding us of Your constant, protective presence in our lives. Thank You for the blessings of another day. Thank You for the shelter that You have provided us in which to live. Thank You for providing the necessities for daily life. Thank You for sending those who come beside us in difficulties. Help us, Lord, ever to seek Your will and Your presence in our lives. Amen.

O Holy Spirit, I humbly implore You, be with me always so that in all things, I may act under the influence of Your holy inspiration. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 34
1 I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. 2 My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. 3 O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together. 4 I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. 5 They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. 6 This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. 7 The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. 8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. 9 O fear the Lord, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him. 10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing. 11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the Lord. 12 What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good? 13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. 14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it. 15 The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry. 16 The face of the Lord is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. 17 The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. 18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. 19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all. 20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken. 21 Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate. 22 The Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.

May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply