Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2014, 05:33 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

I was told to stick with the winners. People who stayed clean and sober through the program, even if we were of different religious beliefs, it was the spiritual aspect of the program that we need to apply to our life to stay clean and sober.

Within Religion, there are many denominations, some non-denomination and lumps the faith of many as one. I found that I had a lot of anger against many, but most of all, I was angry at God when I came into recovery.

In the fellowship(s), it is advised that we don't make any big changes in our first year of recovery. It takes about 11 months to detox.

I was told not to get into a relationship until I had built a relationship with the God of my understanding, and through Him, learn about myself. How can I get in a relationship when I can`t identify who I am and God`s purpose in my life.

I was also to build a relationship with a sponsor. Someone who had gone before me and knew the way, and if she didn`t know she would ask her sponsor. I found that my sponsors had their own understanding of God, we didn`t always agree as to who God was, our relationship was about the spiritual aspect of the program and how to live a better life, clean and sober.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply