Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2014, 10:59 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default In God's Spotlight

In God's Spotlight

John 3:21 “Whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”

Living in the Light

Imagine you are playing the lead role in the school drama production. The cast has rehearsed for weeks on end until everyone knows exactly what to do on every line of every scene. The curtain goes up and the play begins. After about thirty seconds you realize that the house lights are on while the stage is in total darkness. Woe be unto the lighting guy if that happened!

When we go to a play, the audience sits in darkness while stage lights illuminate the actors. Spotlights may even follow the movements of key characters to emphasize the importance of what is happening. In a similar way, athletes don’t hide away in the darkness as they set out to win the state tournament. And, professional musicians stand on stage and strut their stuff under huge spotlights so everyone can enjoy the performance.

When we’re living in the light rather than in darkness, others will see what we’re doing. God’s Word is like the script or musical score that we practice until we’ve got it down pat.
We read it over and over, and we practice doing what it says. For instance, we might read Ephesians 4:29 which says, “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” After thinking about this verse, we realize that certain off-color phrases and expressions have snuck into our conversations lately. We determine to correct ourselves. After a while a friend will realizes that we’ve cleaned up our language and asks us why. When that happens, God’s spotlight is shining on us full strength. As a result, it may be possible for us to tell our friend a little something about our relationship with God.

This one example shows how the truth of God’s Word comes into the light by the way we live. If we will practice the principles of scripture, eventually someone will notice and wonder what’s up with us.

Today’s Prayer:

Dear Lord, please show me ways of letting your light shine through my life. Help me not to be afraid to do what your word teaches, even if it means being different from my friends. Please, give me the confidence I need to live in the light. Help me let your goodness shine through my life and make my friends want to know you, too. Amen.

Written by Martha E Menne
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply