Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2014, 05:39 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Not By Association

Quote:
You don't get drunk watching another drink. You don't get serenity watching others do the steps.

- Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book
Like this thought, and it made me grateful. I brought the body and the mind finally caught up. I did managed to stay sober by just going to meetings, but I did have a willingness to not go back to where I came from. I didn't think I was an alcoholic but I knew that alcohol had been a big part of the mayham in my life whether it was me drinking it, my dad or ex-husband.

I can't find the serenity and peace by watching others work a program, I have to make that decision to do it for myself. Just occupying a chair doesn't work. Just saying the serenity prayer, along with everyone else, doesn't go very far if I don't mean the words and want to apply them to my life.

God grant me the Serenity (I didn't even know what it was), to accept the things I cannot change (well I quit drinking, nothing wrong with me now that i'm not drinking), the courage to change the things I can (who the heck wants to change any way, I'm having a good time) and the wisdom to know the difference (these people are dumb, if they don't know who am I to tell them.) Who says there is a God any way. He didn't do too good by me. Asked him lots of time to get me out of trouble, and He didn't do a thing.

What needs to be changed within me and my attitude! Hopefully you will do what I did, STAY! and Keep Coming Back!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply