PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassment and Awe

bluidkiti
10-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Embarrassment and Awe
"YOU DID IT TO ME."
MATTHEW 25:40 NAS

A pastor walking down Chestnut Street in Philadelphia, USA, noticed a homeless man coming towards him. He was filthy and his beard was caked with rotten food. He was holding a dirty cup of coffee. Staggering up to him the man exclaimed, 'Hey, mister. You want some of my coffee?' The pastor didn't, but he thought it was the right thing to do, so he said, 'Sure, I'll take a sip.' Handing the cup back the pastor remarked, 'You're generous giving away your coffee,' to which the man replied, 'Well, it was particularly delicious today, and I think if God gives you something that good you should share it!' The pastor remembers: 'I figured I was being set up and it would cost me five bucks. So I said, "Is there something I can do for you in return?" The homeless man answered, "Yeah, you can give me a hug!" He put his arms around me, and I realized he wasn't going to let go! People passed by and stared at me. There I was, hugging this smelly street guy! I was embarrassed. But slowly embarrassment changed to awe. I heard a voice saying, "I was hungry; did you feed Me? I was naked; did you clothe Me? I was homeless on Chestnut Street, Philadelphia...did you hug me? If you did...you did it to Me."' word4U2day