PDA

View Full Version : Being Patient With Yourself

bluidkiti
10-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Being Patient With Yourself

Pay attention today to the way you treat yourself. If you frequently become impatient with yourself, will you be able to avoid being impatient with others?

Impatience with ourselves may not necessarily stem from a desire to become better because of our love for God. Instead, it often stems from the fact that we allow our faults to bruise our egos. It is the bruised ego that cries out with impatience whenever it catches itself in a mistake.

Impatience with ourselves is just another way in which we foolishly waste a lot of our energy on nothing at all. The more we brood about our human condition, the less energy we have for the constructive activities and projects that add meaning to our lives.

People who are impatient with themselves take themselves too seriously. The next time you make an irritating mistake, try laughter. Wise people know how to laugh at themselves, and in the laughter they learn to accept their mistakes while preserving a sense of self-worth and healthy self-love.

My impatience with myself is just another sign of my untamed egoism, Lord. I see so much evidence of it in my daily life. Instead of being preoccupied with an exaggerated sensitivity to my mistakes, may I learn to pay more attention to the needs of others.

Focus Your Day

BW1
10-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Joy and laughter heals and tears cleanse

and tears are God's way of placing rainbows on our soul

Thank you for the reminder