PDA

View Full Version : Handling Daily Interruptions

bluidkiti
02-02-2018, 08:18 AM
Handling Daily Interruptions

Matthew 14:13-14 and 23: “When Jesus heard what had happened, he withdrew…to a solitary place. The crowds followed him…he healed their sick… After… he went by himself to pray.”

“Jesus, we have bad news,” said the messengers. “Your cousin, John, has been beheaded while in prison. We just came from the burial.”

When Jesus heard these distressing words, he decided to go away by himself. But the crowds interrupted him, begging for attention. Jesus remained flexible with his prearranged schedule, attending to the people’s immediate needs, healing the sick, and feeding the hungry. When he was finished, he resumed his original plans — to be alone and pray.

Some of us make detailed daily agendas and become frustrated when something or someone interrupts those plans. However, daily interruptions are inevitable. The issue is: How will we react to them? Some surprises are easy to deal with. We can adjust and still meet our scheduled obligations. Others are major upsets and totally out of our control. Learning to alter or modify our plans will help reduce frustration levels. Jesus’ calm example of flexibility shows us the less stressful way to handle daily interruptions.

Lord, things don’t always go as I plan. Please help me relax as I deal with the life’s daily surprises.

Joan C. Webb