PDA

View Full Version : Does the Truth Hurt?

bluidkiti
02-15-2018, 09:07 AM
Does the Truth Hurt?

Ephesians 6:14 - “Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist…”

“Of course the truth hurts. You would too, if you got kicked around so much,” said Franklin P. Jones. Some of us are experts at kicking and stepping on the facts. Perhaps we believe we are better people by ignoring what is painful or negative. However, we may need to reach down and retrieve what is left of our honesty from the floor of our lives and examine it. The facts may include: We harm our health when we overwork or fail to rest or eat a balanced diet. We hurt our families and friends when our projects or causes take priority over time with them. Our “do everything right” attitude often leads to burnout.

There is profound wisdom in the Biblical command to stand firm and buckle on the belt of truth. When we stop running long enough to stand still and acknowledge the truth about our unbalanced behavior, we actually take the first step toward enjoying life more fully. We become better family members, friends, and associates when we greet each day with honesty and openness. At first facing the truth may hurt, but accepting reality will result in positive change and enhanced productivity.

Lord, I will face the truth of my past and present life,

surrounding myself with it so that I can grow

and become the person you created me to be.

2009 Joan C. Webb