PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Spiritual Meditations - June 29

bluidkiti
06-29-2018, 09:22 AM
God, not a job or our bank account, is the source of our security.

We can trust God. We can stay committed to doing that, knowing that we are important to God and believing that God will provide "a ram in the thicket" for us.

God doesn't expect us to be perfect.

Knowing God is the key to powerful and fulfilling prayer.

We serve the God of forgiveness and mercy.

When we know we're obeying God, we can endure whatever comes at us.

When we try to live life only by our own strength, we will struggle and feel defeated. But we can experience victorious life in Christ when we confess our sins and depend on the power of the Holy Spirit.

As we strive to reflect God's nature, others will see God's love in us.

What is Your Purpose in Life?
Josh McDowell tells about an executive "headhunter" who recruits corporate executives for large firms. This headhunter once told McDowell that when he interviews an executive, he likes to disarm him. "I offer him a drink," said the headhunter, "take off my coat, undo my tie, throw up my feet and talk about baseball, football, family, whatever, until he's all relaxed. Then, when I think I've got him relaxed, I lean over, look him square in the eye and say, 'What's your purpose in life?' It's amazing how top executives fall apart at that question."
Then he told about interviewing one fellow recently. He had him all disarmed, had his feet up on his desk, talking about football. Then the headhunter leaned over and said, "What's your purpose in life, Bob?" And the executive said, without blinking an eye, "To go to heaven and take as many people with me as I can."
"For the first time in my career," said the headhunter, "I was speechless."
No wonder. He had encountered someone who was prepared. He was ready. His purpose, "To go to heaven and take as many people with me as I can."
What is your purpose in life?
What is your purpose today? Author Unknown

A Funeral for I Can't
I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
Mildred was a schoolteacher in Michigan near retirement. Some people thought of her as being old and "over the hill," and many thought that schoolteachers made little or no difference in life compared to the powerful people in business and politics—but they were wrong. Mildred had a fresh and memorable idea. One day Mildred told her students to write down as many "I Can't" statements as they could think of. She wrote her own list as the students wrote theirs. She included: "I can't get John's mother to come in for a teacher conference," and "I can't get my daughter to put gas in the car," and "I can't get Alan to use words instead of fists." It seemed like an exercise in negatives.
Once the students finished with their lists, Mildred had them read the lists aloud. One little girl in Mildred’s class wrote: "I can't kick the soccer ball past second base. I can't do long division with more than three numbers. I can't get Debbie to like me." A boy in the class wrote: "I can't do ten pushups. I can't hit the ball over the left-field fence. I can't eat just one cookie." Next, Mildred instructedall the students to fold their lists and put them into a shoebox. Then she added her list to the box and put the lid on. She told her students to follow her as she walked down the hallway, stopped at the janitor's closet, and got a shovel, then headed out to a corner of the playground with the students in procession following her. She stopped, dug a small hold, and instructed the enthusiastic students to make the hole three feet deep. The box of "I Can'ts" was then placed carefully in the hole and covered with dirt.
Mildred instructed her students to join hands and bow their heads as she gave the eulogy. "Friends, we gather today to honor the memory of ‘I Can't.' While he was with us on earth, he touched the lives of everyone, some more than others. Unfortunately, his name has been spoken in every public building — schools, city halls, state capitols, and yes, even the White House. We have provided ‘I Can't' with a final resting place and a headstone that contains his epitaph. He is survived by his brothers and sisters, ‘I Can,' ‘I Will,' and ‘I'm Going To Right Away.' They are not as well-known as their famous relative and are certainly not as strong and powerful yet. Perhaps someday, with your help, they will make an even bigger mark on the world. May ‘I Can't' rest in peace and may everyone present pick up their lives and move forward in his absence. Amen."
The students then returned to their classroom where they celebrated the passing of "I Can't" with cookies, popcorn, and fruit juice. Mildred made a tombstone from butcher paper and wrote, "I Can't" at the top of it with the date at the bottom. She posted the tombstone on the bulletin board and from that moment on, she pointed to it whenever a student told her, "I can't."
Today, I invite you to follow Mildred’s example and hold a funeral for “I Can’t.” His negativity and lies have kept all of us from becoming the people we were created to be—especially when it comes to loving self-care. Write your list, put it in a shoebox, bury the box, and mourn the passing of “I Can’t.” Then celebrate your new life in Christ, the one who has redeemed us from a life of negativity and tells us we can do all things in his strength.
"Nobody cares about what you can’t do. Instead of making excuses, why not make something happen?" ~~Greg Hickman --Winning Words

ANSWERING GOD'S CALL
When Americans answer the telephone, most of them simply say, "Hello." I have heard that the response is a bit different in other countries.
- Germans answer a ringing phone with their last name.
- In Denmark, the Danes will answer with both their first and last names.
- Russians say, "I’m listening."
- The curious French say, "Hello, who’s on the line?"
- Italians greet callers with "Ready" upon which the caller demands, "Who's speaking?"
- The Spanish give the command, "Speak!"
- The Chinese proclaim, "Hey, hey, who are you?"
If you live in a different country, I'd be interested in knowing what is your traditional way of answering a phone.
Just as there are different ways of answering phone calls, there are also different ways to answering a call from God. God has called each of us. We are "called to be saints" (Romans 1:7), "called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord" (I Cor. 1:9), called "according to his own purpose and grace" (2 Timothy 1:9).
But those who are called by God have different ways of answering that call. Moses answered God's call by saying, "Who am I?" (Exodus 3:11). Gideon answered, "I am the least in my father's house." (Judges 6:15). Zechariah answered, "How shall I know this?" (Luke 1:18). Isaiah answered, "Here am I. Send me." (Isaiah 6:8).
How will you answer God's call in your life? It's a call that demands much from you (God calls asking for nothing less than everything you have), but it is a call that offers the presence of God in your life as you fulfill your calling. Will you answer His call? Will you be the man or woman of God that He has called you to be? Are you willing to accept the responsibility that God has laid on you?
God is calling. How will you answer?
Have a great day! Alan Smith

Sufficient Grace by Suzanne Benner
“But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong” (2 Corinthians 12:9, 10).
Sometimes I don’t feel like I have enough; enough patience, enough energy, enough wisdom, enough time.
When God says His grace is sufficient for us, He means there is as much as is needed; it is enough. What wonderful rest, to realize that I don’t need to worry because God’s grace is sufficient.
Yet these verses go much further. Paul says he actually is glad for his weaknesses. He delights in weakness; he is happy when people insult him. He experiences joy in hardships, persecutions and difficulties.
How can this be true?
Paul had learned that the only way to experience God’s power is in our weakness.
If we think we can do something on our own, God lets us, but we will never know God’s transforming power in our lives until we acknowledge our inability.
When I cry out to God saying I can’t take one more step and ask Him to care for my sick parent, then I see His power at work. I can even be glad that I was weak because it made me cry out for His strength.
When my financial situation goes from tight to impossible, when there are no more pennies for me to pinch, I implore God to intervene, and His grace provides. I’m then delighted in the hardship, because through it I learn the sufficiency of God’s grace.
Holy God, I’m glad that Your grace is sufficient, but I still don’t want to be weak. Make me willing to delight in difficulties because through them You show Your power.
Questions: How has a weakness of yours shown God’s power in your life? How can you delight in weakness and difficulty?

Come To Me by Andi McNair
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:28-30).
I love this scripture. This is a promise that I have held onto so many times in my life. I believe that this scripture so clearly describes the character of Jesus and His desire for our lives.
When we think about relaxing, we often think about a massage, a nice bubble bath, or a day at the spa. How many of us can say that when we think about relaxation, we think about Jesus? How many of us truly come to Him when we are burdened and allow Him to give us rest?
I have to admit that allowing myself to rest in Him is not as easy. I often find myself treating Jesus as my best friend. I tell Him everything and ask for His wisdom and counsel. But, once I have told Him everything, I continue to worry about or try to control the situation. You see, in order for Jesus to give us rest, we have to take His yoke upon us and learn from Him. We have to stop trying to control everything that happens in our lives, and give all of the control over to Him.
There are so many things in our world today that can make us weary. Many of us worry, some deal with issues of obsession and control, others have exhausting relationship issues. We allow our circumstances to burden us and we become tired and stressed.
This is not the life that Jesus has for us. He does not want us to be weary and longs to give us rest. His gentleness and humbleness can be refreshing and renewing. Just the thought of sitting with Jesus and allowing Him to take on my burdens brings peace to my soul.
When we come to Jesus broken and upset, He longs to show us how small our lives really are when compared to eternity and the life we will have with Him when we leave this world.
However, while we are here, we can find joy in knowing that our Savior has promised rest from the world in Him. He is waiting for us to come and rest in His arms. He is longing for us to sit at His feet and find peace that surpasses our understanding.
Are you living the life that you have been called to live? Do you allow Jesus to bring rest and peace to your life? Or do you spend every moment of your life searching for a way to find rest and relaxation?
Ask God to remind you that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. When you begin to feel tired and stressed, stop and come to Him. When you come, don’t just come, but come and unload. He promises that He can take it and is more than willing to give you the rest and relaxation you need and deserve!
Questions: What do you do when you find yourself weary, anxious, or lacking peace?

The Humidifier
Ezekiel 37:4-5,6b - Then [the Lord] said to [Ezekiel], "Prophesy to these bones and say to them, 'Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.'" (NIV)
In the winter, our home gets very dry. Heating with wood adds to this problem. We therefore have a number of humidifiers around the place. Humidifiers blow moist air into the room, which helps to prevent dry, scratchy throats, itchy skin, and static electric shocks.
As I turned on the small humidifier by my bedside the other evening, I thought about the prophet Ezekiel and the valley of dry bones that God had placed him in, a valley of dry bones which God brought back to life.
How totally amazing, I mused. I wonder how Ezekiel dealt with that shock. And that was when it dawned on me that God often does a similar thing in our lives as His children. I know that I can feel very dry, from time to time, as a Christian. I lack vision and purpose, enthusiasm and joy. I don't feel like doing anything. In fact, the term "dry bones" would fit my mood well. Sometimes, this dry season lasts only a few days; other times, it can last much longer.
In such times, I have learned to trust -- to trust that God is aware of my situation and that He will in His time and way breathe new life back into me. Vision, purpose, enthusiasm, and joy will once more abound. Until such time, however, refreshment amidst the season of dry bones can always be found as I drink from His Word each day, worship with His people each week, and be thankful in prayer for His everlasting love and plan for my life.
Today, perhaps some of us are living through a spiritually dry season and wondering what to do. If so, let's be of good cheer, for the refreshment to tide us over until our Sovereign Lord breathes new life into us is as close as God's Word, God's people, and the power of positive prayer.
Prayer: Lord God, thank You so much that amidst the dry seasons of our lives You are able to bring us the refreshment of Your presence each day as we take time to drink from Your Word, enjoy the fellowship of Your people, and engage in the power of prayer. Thank You that dry seasons offer us opportunity to trust more deeply in You, Your everlasting love, and Your wonderful plan for our lives. In Christ's name, we pray. Amen.
Lynne Phipps

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
I had a vision of a work of the enemy that comes like a whirlwind or tornado. There are darts and arrows in the force of the whirlwind that are designed to pierce those who are caught in its storm. The purpose of this attack is to bring fear, confusion, and a sense of helplessness. You can recognize this work by the chaos that tries to engulf your mind and emotions. Refuse to succumb to this force of darkness, and stand firm in your faith that I am with you to bring you through to complete victory. Stand still and see the deliverance that I will bring forth, says the Lord. Exodus 14:13 And Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will accomplish for you today."

>From the first day that you set your heart to know Me, I have been with you. I have already told you that I will never leave you nor forsake you; that is the truth. I say this by way of reminder that you are not alone and that I will direct and protect you as you continue to seek My face and trust in Me. Do not be afraid for I am with you, says the Lord, and I will give you wisdom in times of uncertainty. Go forth in the power of My Spirit!
Psalm 23:1-6 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever.

Your mind is the devil's playground, but it is your battleground. In order for you to stay free from the enemy's oppression, you must wage war on the attacks that come against your thoughts. You do this by using truth to combat the lies and fighting fear with faith. You have been given the weapons of war that are effective in gaining victory, but you must do the work, says the Lord. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

In a vision I saw lines being drawn vertically and then horizontally to create a grid. Lord, what does this mean? And, I heard Him say, "The enemy has launched an attack to isolate, alienate, and divide. Refuse to give him any ground. He will create offenses individually where he can because it is easier for him to pick My people off one at a time than it is for him to defeat those who stand together. Set a watch, stand your ground against this attack, and be quick to forgive, says the Lord. Luke 11:17 But He, knowing their thoughts, said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and a house divided against a house falls."

A window of opportunity has opened if you will rise above complacency and be willing to put forth the necessary effort required to accomplish your desires. I speak to you who have become relaxed in your attitudes and standards; your way out of stagnation is to stir yourselves up to do what has been given you to do with renewed vigor and enthusiasm, says the Lord. Your reward awaits you. Colossians 3:23-24 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.

I am giving you the grace to accomplish more than what is naturally or normally possible for you. I am releasing you into an extraordinary ability to move through every situation with an anointing of ease. You can now take care of things that have been extremely difficult to deal with until now. Ask for and receive the wisdom and strength to transition through the invisible barrier that has kept you from breakthrough. The impossible will now become possible as you trust Me to empower you, says the Lord. Mark 9:23 Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
On your behalf I speak to adversity, for I the Lord come to bring the power of My voice over the power that has come against you. For, I have been given all authority, and by that authority I speak over your life that you may be totally free from all adversity, oppression, depression, fear, anxiety and worry. When I am with you, you cannot be defeated. I speak into your life--peace be still. And, there will come a great calm and a great benefit. No longer allow yourself to sit down in the very pit and doldrums of failure, but arise to new heights. As the sun rises each day, arise and shine for you are the people of light; the children of light and the glory of My kingdom upon the earth. It is time for you to come to a new understanding of who you are in Me and who I am in you. It is time for you to feel the power of My wind upon you; the power of the wind that flows through your mind and regenerates your spirit. Come this day and receive a fresh baptism and allow the wind of My Spirit to move you and to lift you. Come and fly with Me, says the Lord.

JESUS’ LOVE
It’s always been my portion
And is as wide as an ocean
It’s deep as a sea,
I received it without a fee
I love to have it within me
And it is my daily walks key
It menacingly surrounds
And is always around
It keeps me assured
And can never be measured…
What can I render to Him, besides
My life and love, and in Him to reside?
All my days, of His love I’ll sing
And offer my all to the King.
Sarah Susannah Sampath

THE "U" IN JESUS Author Unknown
Before U were thought of or time had begun,
God even stuck U in the name of His Son.
And each time U pray, you'll see it's true
You can't spell out JesUs and not include U.
You're a pretty big part of His wonderful name,
For U, He was born; that's why He came.
And His great love for U is the reason He died.
It even takes U to spell crUcified.
Isn't it thrilling and splendidly grand
He rose from the dead, with U in His plan.
The stones split away, the gold trUmpet blew,
and this word resUrrection is spelled with a U.
When JesUs left earth at His upward ascension,
He felt there was one thing He just had to mention.
Go into the world and tell them it's true
That I love them all - Just like I love U.
So many great people are spelled with a U,
Don't they have a right to know JesUs too?
It all depends now on what U will do,
He'd like them to know
But it all starts with U.

8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Romans 5:8

9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:9-10

1 Corinthians 13
The Greatest Gift
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. 4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. 13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? 4 One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD All the days of my life,To behold the beauty of the LORD, And to inquire in His temple. 14 Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD! Psalm 27:1; 4; 14

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. Psalm 62:1

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18

Behave Like a Christian
9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. 10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; 11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; 13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. 16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion. 17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 Therefore “ If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:9-20

Pardoned
1 John 1:8 - If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. (ASV)
Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (ASV)
This past winter, I went to a long-term care facility to feed an elderly lady five or six times a week. The family that usually goes to feed her twice a day went on vacation for two months. This long-term care facility is connected to the hospital, so parking is at a premium. The family gave me one of their parking passes when they left. There are specific places to park, so while they were away, I would find a place to park in one of those designated areas.
When the family got back from their vacation, they arranged for me to continue feeding their mom twice a week at noon. The problem now is that I don't have a parking pass. My options are to park in one of the designated parking zones and risk getting a ticket, or to park in public parking, which is very expensive, or to park on the street over a block away. Walking that distance is not an issue unless I am pressed for time.
One day, I did park in the specified parking area without a parking pass. When I came back to my vehicle, I had a ticket for forty dollars under my windshield wiper. It's a pretty steep ticket for parking for half an hour.
I thought about this ticket, and to make a point of the lack of parking places, I e-mailed the authorities and appealed this ticket, explaining the situation. I admitted that I had done wrong, and then asked to be pardoned from paying this ticket. They e-mailed back, saying that I was pardoned, but to consider that ticket as a warning. In other words, if I did it again, I would have to pay the price. I had done wrong. I had parked in the wrong spot. I deserved the ticket. But the debt was cancelled.
It made me think of my sinfulness. I have done wrong. I deserve to be punished. I deserve hell. But I came to Jesus Christ and told Him that I had done wrong and asked Him to pardon me. And yes, He did pardon me -- instantly. My sin is gone, and He has given me eternal life.
Wouldn't it be great if once we are pardoned, we never did wrong again? That is not the case. Over and over, we do wrong. We sin either unwittingly or on purpose, by commission or omission. Time and time again, we can come to our Father, our authority, admit we have done wrong once again, and ask for pardon. He doesn't warn us, saying that if we do it again, He won't pardon us again, like the authority figure in my case with the ticket.
1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (ASV)
Jeremiah 33:8 - And I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me. (KJV)
Thank You, Father -- for forgiving us, for pardoning us all our iniquities. Thank You that You welcome us back time and time again. It is a sobering thought that we err, we sin, we do wrong over and over, and yet You so willingly pardon us. Amen. Judy Miller

A Prayer for Healing
At the dawning of this new day let it begin with you, our Saviour and redeemer. In our weakness be our strength. In our stumbling be our guide. In our brokenness be our healing. In our darkness be our light,
at the dawning of this and every new day.
At the closing of this new day, let it end with you, our life and our Salvation. In our anxiety be our peace. In our doubting be our truth. In our pain be our comfort. In our restlessness be our sleep, at the closing of this and every new day.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 93
1 The Lord reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved. 2 Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting. 3 The floods have lifted up, O Lord, the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up their waves. 4 The Lord on high is mightier than the noise of many waters, yea, than the mighty waves of the sea.
5 Thy testimonies are very sure: holiness becometh thine house, O Lord, for ever.

Thank you, God, for your enduring, unfailing love. Help us to be instruments of restoration for those who have wandered from you. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.