PDA

View Full Version : Am I Losing My Mind?

bluidkiti
09-01-2018, 05:43 AM
Am I Losing My Mind?

For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds, [inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). - 2 Corinthians 10:4-5

On days when people can’t seem to gain control of their thoughts, they might say something like, “I feel like I’m losing my mind!” In a way they are, because they seem to be unable to control the thoughts running through it.

But when you feel as if you are losing your mind, there are ways to get it back.

Our first impulse is to assume we’re not responsible for what goes through our minds, and that there’s simply nothing we can do about it…but that’s not true. God’s Word gives us clear instructions concerning what to think about and what not to think about. It also teaches us that we have the ability to pick and choose, to keep the good thoughts and cast out those thoughts that poison our lives. As today’s scripture points out, we’re to get rid of any wrong thoughts, theories or reasoning and lead them away “captive to the obedience of Christ.”

Through studying God’s Word, I learned that my thoughts were ruining my life, and if I wanted to enjoy a different quality of life, I had to start controlling them. I discovered God had a great plan for my life., and if I was going to have that life, I was going to have to learn how to agree with Him in my thinking (see Romans 12:2).

This led me to the revelation, “Where the mind goes, the man follows.” And I can safely say that if you need a change in any area of your life, it will start with a change in your mind. With God’s help we can learn to think like He thinks so we can have what He wants us to have, do what He wants us to do, and be who He wants us to be.

It’s exciting to realize we can have some measure of control over our words, moods and attitudes by learning how to think better. We can make ourselves sad, mad or glad by what we think and how we talk. If you choose your thoughts carefully, your quality of life will improve in amazing ways.

This is an excerpt from The Mind Connection by Joyce Meyer.