PDA

View Full Version : Who Are You?

bluidkiti
11-05-2018, 08:35 AM
Who Are You?

If someone were to ask you who you are, you would probably give them your name. But that would not tell the questioner much about you at all. So you might be asked what you do to earn a living, whether or not you are married and have children, or perhaps, where you are from. Responses to those kinds of questions would reveal somewhat more about you, but many other questions would have to be answered before the picture of your identity could come into clearer focus. Knowing your personal tastes in literature and music would help someone to gain a further insight into the riddle of who you are. The sharing of your philosophical views and religious beliefs would reveal still more about you, and yet, the full story of yourself would not be found there either.

Jesus said, "you will know that I am in my Father and that you are in me, just as I am in you" (Jn 14:20). Through his life within us, we have become related to God. That is the most important reality we can assert about ourselves. It seems strange that, when we consider our identity, we rarely think of it in this deepest sense. Through God's goodness, we have become his children. Is there anything more profound that we can say about ourselves?

Lord, may I never forget who I really am.

Focus Your Day