PDA

View Full Version : Attitudes and choices

bluidkiti
01-04-2019, 01:35 AM
Attitudes and choices by Alive to God

As we mentioned earlier, attitude and choice go hand in hand. We can choose the attitude we would like.

In life I have often found, that between an incident and the response or attitude, there is a moment in which a decision is made. This moment is so critical. I have actually developed a lifestyle in which I do not allow myself to respond or react immediately. I afford myself the opportunity of an extra moment in which I can make a calculated decision. So instead of reacting I can respond with an attitude that I know will not harm me in the long term. If we choose to fly off the handle, it is almost as if everything is lost. Give yourself a moment and make the right choice.

Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].

Our choices can bring about this transformation. Circumstances may not be ideal, but the choice of attitudes can make the difference.

Habakkuk 3:17-18 Though the fig tree does not blossom and there is no fruit on the vines, [though] the product of the olive fails and the fields yield no food, though the flock is cut off from the fold and there are not cattle in the stalls, Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will exult in the [victorious] God of my salvation!