PDA

View Full Version : Panic Gives Way to Peace

bluidkiti
01-11-2014, 09:44 AM
Panic Gives Way to Peace

Isaiah 26:3 - “You, Lord, give true peace…to those who trust you” (NCV).

“Usually I feel a quiet inner panic that if I fail to stay in high gear everyone and everything will turn on me,” said an overworked teacher.

Some of us, like this teacher, feel as though we have a judge and jury peering over our shoulders. Maybe we have a person or group of persons who try to push us beyond our human limits. Or perhaps the slave-driver is in our own heads. In either case, we have a choice.

We can choose not to be railroaded by ourselves or others. When we learn not to be controlled by unrealistic expectations, and refuse to react with panic to sudden unplanned circumstances, we can relax and live!

Our best at any given moment in any specific situation is all we have. Though our best may vary according to the unique conditions of each situation, that’s okay. Our best is good enough. We can admit the fear that our personal contributions to life will not be good enough. Then, with God’s help, we can move past the panic to live in peace.

Lord, I’ll relax and trust you.
Please remove the destructive results the internal and external slave drivers have on my life.
My “okay-ness” comes from you.

Joan C. Webb

MajestyJo
01-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Have found that I need to take deep breathes, and release the fear and make room for the faith that my God is with me.