PDA

View Full Version : Always More than Enough

bluidkiti
04-11-2022, 06:54 AM
God's Word For Today

Always More than Enough

Read 1 Samuel 16:1 to 17:58; Luke 9:1–17

“Honey, I’m sorry my brother and his family of six showed up unexpectedly for dinner. Do we have enough food?”

Jake’s wife just shrugged. “I’ll make the food stretch somehow. There will be plenty; you’ll see.”

Jesus also knew what it was like to suddenly have lots of hungry people—more than five thousand of them— sitting before Him. The disciples realized that they didn’t have enough food for such a group, but Jesus remained calm and instructed the disciples to feed the crowd. They had two fish and five loaves of bread. Jesus prayed and had them start handing out the food.

They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over (Luke 9:17).

Jesus did not make enough for everyone to have just a couple of bites. They were all satisfied and there were leftovers.

You may face situations where you wonder how your need will be met, but God always has more than enough to overcome any circumstances.

Prayer Suggestion: Thank You, Father, for Your overflowing blessings.

Quicklook: Luke 9:10–19 (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2019:9-10&version=NIV)