PDA

View Full Version : Sanity (Celebrate Recovery)

janbear
03-24-2023, 10:41 PM
At first our coping mechanisms may affect our lives only in small ways. However, over time we can develop hurts habits and hang ups, that have devastating consequences. In the beginning, for example, the need to control all of life's circumstances may only cause arguments in a family. However these control issues may eventually result in the separation of a husband and wife and the destruction of a family. A mother's occasional loss of temper may escalate into daily beatings and the removal of the child from the home. Trying to lose weight quickly by skipping meals may result in anorexia and lengthy hospital confinements. A drink at the end of each day for relaxation could develop into alcoholism and to lead to time spent in jail for drunk driving.

To be continued

janbear
04-02-2023, 09:06 PM
Our hurts habits and hang ups, can impact our lives by pushing us into dangerous situations. After her third divorce, a busy career woman began using the internet to connect with other people. She soon became fascinated with her exchanges with some of the men and began to fantasize about meeting them. She began by arranging meetings in public restaurants or coffee houses. However, without considering the consequences, she soon began meeting total strangers in their cars or apartments. After managing to escape from a car in a deserted area of the city, she finally realized that she could have been kidnaped or killed. The insanity of her choices had become a matter of life or death.

To be continued

janbear
04-02-2023, 09:38 PM
Reading this part reminded me of my own insane behavior. It got so bad that I lost my memory. My sisters told me about the drugs they found in my apartment. My behavior was insane. I blocked it out. Makes me sick to think about it

janbear
04-09-2023, 09:15 PM
We often continue in our extreme behaviors because we don't know how to change --or even where to start. However, in Principle One we finally faced our denial, and we admitted that we're powerless to control our tendency to do the wrong thing and that our lives have become unmanageable.

janbear
04-09-2023, 09:18 PM
To be continued...

janbear
04-26-2023, 04:49 AM
How and where do we access the needed control? The answer is that we need to practice the second principle on our journey of recovery, earnestly believe that God exists that I matter to him and that he has the power to help me recovery. We can began to change by allowing Jesus Christ to restore sanity, order and meaning to our lives. He will give us the strength to change and to set realistic expectations,as well as the ability to trust others as he continues to walk with us through the principles of recovery.