PDA

View Full Version : Lazy and Lukewarm

bluidkiti
05-13-2014, 12:45 PM
Lazy and Lukewarm

...stir up (rekindle the embers of, fan the flame of, and keep burning) the [gracious] gift of God, [the inner fire] that is in you.... —2 Timothy 1:6

We need to be on our guard against the spirit of passivity. Passivity is one of the greatest tools that Satan uses against God's people. Procrastination and laziness are the cousins of passivity, and they usually all attack in a group. A passive person waits to be moved by an outside force before he will take action. We are to be motivated and led by the Holy Spirit within us, not by outside forces.

In Revelation 3:16 Jesus warns that He will not be satisfied with lukewarmness. We need to be full of the zeal of God.

I don't know about you, but I don't usually wake up in the morning feeling full of zeal. But thank God I have learned how to "stir up the gift within me." I have discovered that the Word of God coming out of my own mouth in prayer, praise, preaching, or confession is the best encouragement I can find. It stirs up the gift within, keeps the fire aflame, and prevents me from becoming lukewarm.

I strongly encourage you to refuse passivity, procrastination, and laziness. Act now with all diligence and zeal according to the Word of God. Stir up the inner flame!

Do This:

Refuse to be passive and lazy. Stir up the gift within you by keeping the Word of God coming out of your mouth!

Joyce Meyer