PDA

View Full Version : What are the obstacles that Jesus asks you to leave behind?

bluidkiti
05-30-2014, 11:06 AM
What are the obstacles that Jesus asks you to leave behind?
Leave Your Homeland

When God called Abraham to be the father of a new nation, he told him to leave his homeland for another place that would be shown to him. Every call from God is an invitation to leave something so that we might be free for something else. What we are asked to "leave" is usually an attitude which restricts our possibilities for greater life. We are invited to free ourselves up, to grow, to be open to a broader vision of life, a broader vision of love.

When Jesus calls us to friendship, he asks us to leave the obstacles to the call, whatever they might be. At this present moment in your life, what are the obstacles that Jesus asks you to leave behind?

I have heard your call to friendship, Lord, but I haven't always been quick to answer you. My selfishness stands in the way, and it has compromised my freedom. I have preferred my old ways to the newness of your Spirit, and so I have missed the fullness of your friendship. But it is not too late, Lord, for your invitation to friendship is constant. Thank you. May I love enough to respond to the many ways in which you invite me.

Focus Your Day

MajestyJo
05-31-2014, 10:22 PM
Thoughts for the Day
Saturday, May 31, 2014

Everything can be taken from a man
but one thing:
the last of human freedoms –
to choose one's attitude
in any given set of circumstances,
to choose one's own way.
Viktor E. Frankl

Watch your manner of speech
if you wish to develop a peaceful state of mind.
Start each day by affirming peaceful,
contented and happy attitudes
and your days will tend to be
pleasant and successful.
Norman Vincent Peale
Nothing can stop the man
with the right mental attitude
from achieving his goal;
nothing on earth can help the man
with the wrong mental attitude.
Thomas Jefferson

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqOvFD8K954fXpZn5QFAClXdm71D-b4fRNIGeiD2qDgLGS7YXe