PDA

View Full Version : Bible Verse Of The Day - November

bluidkiti
11-01-2014, 11:59 AM
November 1

the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, Ephesians 1:18

For we live by believing and not by seeing. 2 Corinthians 5:7

In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God's promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge... 2 Peter 1:5

Psalm 107:43 - 43 Those who are wise will take all this to heart; they will see in our history the faithful love of the Lord.

bluidkiti
November 2

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 1 Peter 2:9

For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. James 1:3

For we live by believing and not by seeing. 2 Corinthians 5:7

Acts 8:4 - 4 But the believers who were scattered preached the Good News about Jesus wherever they went.

bluidkiti
November 3

Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Romans 13:1

For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen. Romans 11:36

So let's stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall. Romans 14:13

For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. James 1:3

numbers 23:19 - 19 God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through?

bluidkiti
11-01-2014, 12:00 PM
November 4

who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Romans 10:10 - 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.

Psalm 107:1-2 — Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his love endures forever.
Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story —
those he redeemed from the hand of the foe,

Gratitude gets us through the hard stuff. To reflect on your blessings is to rehearse God's accomplishments. To rehearse God's accomplishments is to discover His heart. To discover His heart is to discover not just good gifts but the Good Giver. Gratitude always leaves us looking at God and helps us exchange bitterness for something better.

bluidkiti
November 5

This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. Romans 13:6

But you must be careful so that your freedom does not cause others with a weaker conscience to stumble. 1 Corinthians 8:9

Joshua 22:5 - 5 But be very careful to obey all the commands and the instructions that Moses gave to you. Love the Lord your God, walk in all his ways, obey his commands, hold firmly to him, and serve him with all your heart and all your soul.”

Psalm 118:24 — The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad.

There are days when the last thing we want to do is rejoice. Our mood is down, our situation is out of hand, and our sorrow or guilt is overwhelming. We can relate to the writers of the psalms who often felt this way. But no matter how low the psalmists felt, they were always honest with God. And as they talked to God, their prayers ended in praise. When you don't feel like rejoicing, tell God how you truly feel. You will find that God will give you a reason to rejoice. God has given you this day to live and to serve him — be glad!

bluidkiti
November 6

he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ. Ephesians 1:9-10

We use God's mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. 2 Corinthians 10:4

1 John 3:2 - 2 Dear friends, we are already God’s children, but he has not yet shown us what we will be like when Christ appears. But we do know that we will be like him, for we will see him as he really is.

bluidkiti
November 7

Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 1 Timothy 2:1-2

So then, let us aim for harmony in the church and try to build each other up. Romans 14:19

Acts 2:33 - 33 Now he is exalted to the place of highest honor in heaven, at God’s right hand. And the Father, as he had promised, gave him the Holy Spirit to pour out upon us, just as you see and hear today.

dwmoeller
11-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I have not stopped giving thanks for you. Ephesians 1: 15-16

Thought: Give many thanks for many saints!

dwmoeller
11-04-2014, 09:27 AM
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ, God forgave you. Ephesians 4:12

Thought: Do for others what Christ has done for you.

dwmoeller
11-07-2014, 09:35 AM
Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You. - Psalm 63:3

Thought: God's love makes my life better.

bluidkiti
11-08-2014, 09:05 AM
November 8

And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15

Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

Psalm 115:1 - 1 Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name goes all the glory for your unfailing love and faithfulness.

bluidkiti
November 9

“Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the Lord, “Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys God's laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven. Matthew 5:19

Lamentations 3:25 - 25 The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him.

Matthew 6:19-21 — "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

bluidkiti
November 10

God thunders marvelously with His voice; He does great things which we cannot comprehend. For He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth’; Likewise to the gentle rain and the heavy rain of His strength. Job 37:5-6

If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Ecclesiastes 4:10

Hebrews 12:14 - 14 Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord.

bluidkiti
November 11

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. 1 John 2:15-16

Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples. John 13:35

Matthew 6:19-20 - 19 “Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal.

John 14:1-3 — "Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

bluidkiti
11-08-2014, 09:06 AM
November 12

For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; Colossians 1:9

And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20

Hebrews 3:14 - 14 For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ.

bluidkiti
November 13

For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men— as free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice, but as bondservants of God. 1 Peter 2:15-16

Dear brothers and sisters, we can't help but thank God for you, because your faith is flourishing and your love for one another is growing. 2 Thessalonians 1:3

James 2:14 - 14 What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone?

bluidkiti
November 14

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, 1 Peter 3:18

I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High. Psalm 9:2

Romans 10:4 - 4 For Christ has already accomplished the purpose for which the law was given. As a result, all who believe in him are made right with God.

bluidkiti
November 15

Trouble and anguish have overtaken me, Yet Your commandments are my delights. Psalm 119:143

How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me! Psalm 139:17-18

Psalm 125:1 - 1 Those who trust in the Lord are as secure as Mount Zion; they will not be defeated but will endure forever.

Hebrews 13:8 — Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

When your past comes to haunt you, turn your thoughts around and thank God for past blessings. His care for you in days gone by is far greater than any perils or problems, and His redemption is deeper than any regret. When a current distress torments you, turn it into prayer and praise, and thank God for promising to never leave you nor forsake you. Whenever you're tempted to fret about tomorrow, start praising Him for the eternal nature of His love, for a future just as bright as His promises. Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever — and so are His grace, peace, sovereignty, fellowship, joy, power, wisdom and love. He gives His blessings in bundles — yesterday, today and forever — so our gratitude should be eternal.

dwmoeller
11-10-2014, 09:37 AM
Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise. - Ephesians 5:15

Thought: Wisdom is as wisdom does.

bluidkiti
11-13-2014, 12:46 PM
November 16

Open my eyes, that I may see Wondrous things from Your law. Psalm 119:18

How kind the Lord is! How good he is! So merciful, this God of ours! Psalm 116:5

1 Corinthians 10:13 - 13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 — ...give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

There are many challenging things that happen in life for which we don't naturally, even supernaturally, feel thankful. But when we consider that God is our Father, that he knows the number of hairs on our head (Luke 12:7) and that the days of our life are planned ahead by him (Psalm 139:16) — it stands to reason that there are no accidents with God. We know that God is able to use even difficult things in life for our good (Romans 8:28), to conform us to the image of Christ (Romans 8:29). If you have a hard time thanking Him for something that happens, do the next best thing: ask Him to show you how

bluidkiti
11-13-2014, 12:46 PM
November 17

Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. Psalm 119:105

Shout to the Lord, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy! Psalm 98:4

Proverbs 16:3 - 3 Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed.

bluidkiti
11-13-2014, 12:47 PM
November 18

Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. John 17:17

Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it. Psalm 139:14

Habakkuk 2:3 - 3 This vision is for a future time. It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled. If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed.

bluidkiti
November 19

Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night. Psalm 1:1-2

And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you. Psalm 39:7

2 Corinthians 4:17 - 17 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!

Psalm 16:8 — I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

2 Corinthians 3:16-17 — But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

The more we look to Christ, the more we look like Christ.

bluidkiti
November 20

Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. Psalm 95:1-2

I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. Psalm 62:1

Hebrews 13:2 - 2 Don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!

bluidkiti
11-13-2014, 12:48 PM
November 21

I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus, that you were enriched in everything by Him in all utterance and all knowledge, 1 Corinthians 1:4-5

He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:2

1 Timothy 5:3-4 - 3 Take care of any widow who has no one else to care for her. 4 But if she has children or grandchildren, their first responsibility is to show godliness at home and repay their parents by taking care of them. This is something that pleases God.

Isaiah 40:6-8 —

A voice says, "Cry out."
And I said, "What shall I cry?"
"All people are like grass,
and all their faithfulness is like the flowers of the field.
The grass withers and the flowers fall,
because the breath of the Lord blows on them.
Surely the people are grass.
The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of our God endures forever."

People are compared here to grass and flowers that wither away. We are mortal, but God's Word is eternal and unfailing. Public opinion changes and is unreliable, but God's Word is constant. Only in God's eternal Word will we find lasting solutions to our problems and needs.

Proverbs 20:24 — A person’s steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand their own way?

We are often confused by the events around us. Many things we will never understand; others will fall into place in years to come as we look back and see how God was working. This proverb counsels us not to worry if we don't understand everything as it happens. Instead, we should trust that God knows what he's doing, even if his timing or design is not clear to us.

bluidkiti
November 22

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Colossians 3:15

Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:5

2 Corinthians 7:1 - 1 Because we have these promises, dear friends, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that can defile our body or spirit. And let us work toward complete holiness because we fear God.

Colossians 4:2 — Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

bluidkiti
November 23

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations. Psalm 100:4-5

I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word. Psalm 130:5

Galatians 6:1 - 1 Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself.

Hebrews 12:15 — See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.

dwmoeller
11-17-2014, 09:42 AM
He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. - Proverbs 11:25

Thought: A fresh breeze soothes all brows.

bluidkiti
11-21-2014, 11:42 AM
November 24

As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving. Colossians 2:6-7

We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield. Psalm 33:20

1 Corinthians 15:22 - 22 Just as everyone dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given new life.

Psalm 119:113-114 —

I hate double-minded people,
but I love your law.
You are my refuge and my shield;
I have put my hope in your word.

Double-minded people cannot make up their minds between good and evil. But when it comes to obeying God, there is no middle ground — you must take a stand. Either you are obeying him or you are not. Either you are doing what he wants or you are undecided. Choose to obey God, and say with the psalmist, "I love your law."

bluidkiti
November 25

And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Colossians 3:17

Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God Philippians 1:3

Galations 2:20 - 20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Ephesians 5:8-10 — For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord.

bluidkiti
November 26

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. Hebrews 12:28

...that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever! Psalm 30:12

Matthew 6:1-2 - 1 “Watch out! Don’t do your good deeds publicly, to be admired by others, for you will lose the reward from your Father in heaven. 2 When you give to someone in need, don’t do as the hypocrites do—blowing trumpets in the synagogues and streets to call attention to their acts of charity! I tell you the truth, they have received all the reward they will ever get.

Psalm 138:1-3 —

I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart;
before the "gods" I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple
and will praise your name
for your unfailing love and your faithfulness,
for you have so exalted your solemn decree
that it surpasses your fame.
When I called, you answered me;
you greatly emboldened me.

Thanksgiving should be an integral part of our praise to God. This theme is woven throughout the Psalms. As we praise and thank God for material and spiritual blessings, we should also thank Him for answered prayer. Remember when you asked God for protection, strength, comfort, patience, love, or other special needs, and He supplied them? Beware of taking God's provision and answered prayer for granted.

bluidkiti
11-21-2014, 11:43 AM
November 27

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Colossians 3:16

Let us come to him with thanksgiving. Let us sing psalms of praise to him. Psalm 95:2

Romans 12:2 - 2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Colossians 2:6-7 — So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

Philippians 4:6-8 —

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things.

It's Thanksgiving . . . giving thanks clears our mind to hear God's voice and empowers us to act on what he says.

bluidkiti
November 28

Oh, give thanks to the Lord! Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples! 1 Chronicles 16:8

Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done. Psalm 105:1

Deuteronomy 8:3 - 3 Yes, he humbled you by letting you go hungry and then feeding you with manna, a food previously unknown to you and your ancestors. He did it to teach you that people do not live by bread alone; rather, we live by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.

Psalm 107:21-22 — Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind. Let them sacrifice thank offerings and tell of his works with songs of joy.

God's giving deserves our thanksgiving.

bluidkiti
November 29

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Oh, give thanks to the God of heaven! For His mercy endures forever. Psalm 136:1,26

Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. Psalm 100:4

Hebrews 9:14 - 14 Just think how much more the blood of Christ will purify our consciences from sinful deeds so that we can worship the living God. For by the power of the eternal Spirit, Christ offered himself to God as a perfect sacrifice for our sins.

bluidkiti
November 30

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 2 Peter 3:10-11

Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. Colossians 2:7

Proverbs 3:9 - 9 Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce.

dwmoeller
11-21-2014, 11:49 AM
Who is a God like you, who pardons sin? - Micah 7:18

Thought: There is forgiveness with God. Don't forget to forgive yourself too.