PDA

View Full Version : True Forgiveness

bluidkiti
06-17-2015, 10:12 AM
True Forgiveness

Thought for the Day

"Have you really gotten to the place where you can truly forgive the other person for the hurt they caused you? True forgiveness, not the kind when we just say the words - but the kind that comes from really letting go in our hearts, is what can set you free from the emotional ties that bind you to the other person. The other person has probably moved on while you are stuck reliving the past and unable to move forward. God has shown us how to forgive - learn from Him and set yourself free."

Today's Word

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven." (Matthew 5:43-45 NIV)

Today's Prayer

Father, letting go of the hurt is the hardest part. I can keep someone out of my life so they don't hurt me again but I can't block out the emotions that live within me every day. The hurt turns to sadness or anger and the sadness and anger keeps me from moving forward. Please let me learn to forgive the way You do so I can look forward with hopeful anticipation towards the wonderful future You have in store for me. Amen.

The Whisper Of God