PDA

View Full Version : God will always send the Spirit to lead

bluidkiti
06-29-2015, 09:52 AM
Have you ever felt God calling or leading you to something that you weren't sure how you were going to do? Perhaps it's to start a food bank at your church or to share your faith story. It can be terrifying when God calls us to come and follow. That's what God did to Ezekiel. "Stand up on your feet. I am sending you." But here's the interesting part. Ezekiel didn't stand on his feet by his own volition. The Spirit entered him and set him on his feet. I find courage and strength in knowing that even as God calls me, I do not go alone. God will always send the Spirit to lead me.

Thank you, Lord, for sending your Spirit to lead me. Help me and guide me as I seek to follow you and where you are calling me. Amen.

Jennifer Beil

Ezekiel 2:1-5 (NRSV)

1 He said to me: O mortal, stand up on your feet, and I will speak with you.
2 And when he spoke to me, a spirit entered into me and set me on my feet; and I heard him speaking to me.
3 He said to me, Mortal, I am sending you to the people of Israel, to a nation of rebels who have rebelled against me; they and their ancestors have transgressed against me to this very day.
4 The descendants are impudent and stubborn. I am sending you to them, and you shall say to them, "Thus says the Lord God."
5 Whether they hear or refuse to hear (for they are a rebellious house), they shall know that there has been a prophet among them.