PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with an attack from the enemy?

bluidkiti
09-17-2013, 11:19 AM
YOUR DAILY INSPIRATION

How do you deal with an attack from the enemy? Do you sit back and let it happen and then try to deal with the consequences? Do you defend yourself? Or do you actually go on the offense and fight back?

In Ephesians 6 it talks about putting on our armor and the different pieces of armor that we have. How does the enemy launch his attacks? He lies, deceits, and accuses.

“Stand therefore [hold your ground], having tightened the belt of truth around your loins and having put on the breastplate of integrity and of moral rectitude and right standing with God.” Ephesians 6:14.

The belt of truth is your defense; the truth being the Word of God. If you know what the bible says about you, you can deflect those lies before they take root and grow into a stronghold. This is something that you might do every day without paying much attention to it, simply by knowing God’s word.

If the enemy tries to tell you what a big sinner you are, but you know that your sins have been forgiven, you won’t believe his lies.

Another part of your armor is the “sword that the Spirit wields, which is the Word of God” (see Ephesians 6:17). So again, the Word of God is part of your armor, but in this case it comes as a sword, which is obviously a weapon so it is more than just part of your protection. With a sword you can attack and cut down the enemy.

When you know an attack is coming speak the Word of God over yourself and your situation, speak life into your circumstances and tell the enemy that he has no authority over you because you are a child of the Lord most High. The victory is yours because you are more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37). He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4). If God is for us, than who can be against us (Romans 8:31)?

Jelena Anderson

Regardless of how difficult your present battles are, do not lose hope because you will never experience unfaithfulness on Abba Father’s part! Allow Him to show you how great and faithful He is! Have faith and trust Him and don’t doubt His faithfulness!!! He is unchangeable, and unstoppable Master! ~Malene Mendoza~

Lord, I thank You for being my shield, my rock and my refugee. Thank you for giving me an armor and weapons to defend myself against the attacks of the enemy. I pray that You will show me how to deflect every attack launched against me and my family. Amen.

BW1
09-17-2013, 01:08 PM
James 4:6

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.