PDA

View Full Version : Victory In Contentment

bluidkiti
06-14-2016, 11:24 AM
VICTORY IN CONTENTMENT

There are times in our lives when we have plenty. We have a great job. We have happy children. Things just seem to be going right. It is easy then to be content and happy. However, there are times when we are struggling. We may have health issues. We may have lost a job. We may have children who are going through hard times. No matter what time of life it is for us right now, we can have victory in contentment. We can know the secret to being happy is to be content and grateful to God at all times.

"...I have learned to be satisfied with the things I have and with everything that happens. I know how to live when I am poor, and I know how to live when I have plenty. I have learned the secret of being happy at any time in everything that happens...I can do all things through Christ, because he gives me strength." Phil. 4:11-13 (NCV)

Dear Lord, we know You give us so much. Yet we still struggle in life. Help us to remember to be satisfied with all things and with everything that happens. Help us to remember the secret to being happy is to trust in You and know we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength. We can have strength being content with what we have despite what we are going through when we put our focus on You. Thank You, Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

If we want to be mature both spiritually and emotionally, we need to practice contentment.

We can have strength being content with what we have despite what we are going through when we put our focus on God.

Contentment is only possible with God.

We need to turn our lives over to God and be grateful for what He has given to us.

We are to pray and trust in God waiting patiently for Him to answer.

"Surrender yourself to the Lord, and wait patiently for him." Psalm 37:7a (GW)

Focus: Patience and contentment only comes when we put our focus on God.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=61825 19

MajestyJo
06-14-2016, 07:37 PM
This reminds me of a lady who had 10 years in recovery, who came up to me and said, "How can you be so content when you have so little." I had been one step off the streets living at the YWCA. Thanks to the program of AA, I was getting in touch with myself and I had a God in my life who I had reject many years ago. I didn't think He believed in me. When I got to AA, I found that it wasn't so.

This woman worked for the gov't, she was afraid she was going to lose her job and therefore, lose her house. To my way of thinking at the time, she had so much she could afford to lose a little bit and instead of grabbing and wanting more, she would have been happier sharing what she had, not with me but to give back what she had been so freely given.