Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verse Of The Day - November (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1429)

bluidkiti 11-09-2013 10:28 AM

November 9

“Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the Lord, “Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys God's laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven. Matthew 5:19

Lamentations 3:25 - 25 The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him.

Matthew 6:19-21 — "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

bluidkiti 11-10-2013 01:17 PM

November 10

God thunders marvelously with His voice; He does great things which we cannot comprehend. For He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth’; Likewise to the gentle rain and the heavy rain of His strength. Job 37:5-6

If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Ecclesiastes 4:10

Hebrews 12:14 - 14 Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord.

bluidkiti 11-11-2013 09:48 AM

November 11

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. 1 John 2:15-16

Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples. John 13:35

Matthew 6:19-20 - 19 “Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal.

John 14:1-3 — "Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

dwmoeller 11-12-2013 08:39 AM

Come let us sing for joy to the Lord, let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. - Psalm 95:1

Thought: Let shouts of joy echo through your life.

bluidkiti 11-12-2013 09:37 AM

November 12

For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; Colossians 1:9

And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20

Hebrews 3:14 - 14 For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ.

dwmoeller 11-13-2013 08:46 AM

It was good for me to be afflicted, so that I might learn your decrees. - Psalm 119:71

Thought: May your setbacks lead you forward into God's Word.

bluidkiti 11-13-2013 11:31 AM

November 13

For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men— as free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice, but as bondservants of God. 1 Peter 2:15-16

Dear brothers and sisters, we can't help but thank God for you, because your faith is flourishing and your love for one another is growing. 2 Thessalonians 1:3

James 2:14 - 14 What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone?

dwmoeller 11-14-2013 06:52 AM

Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. - James 1:19

Thought: In Christ, be calm.

bluidkiti 11-14-2013 10:25 AM

November 14

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, 1 Peter 3:18

I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High. Psalm 9:2

Romans 10:4 - 4 For Christ has already accomplished the purpose for which the law was given. As a result, all who believe in him are made right with God.

bluidkiti 11-15-2013 07:14 AM

November 15

Trouble and anguish have overtaken me, Yet Your commandments are my delights. Psalm 119:143

How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me! Psalm 139:17-18

Psalm 125:1 - 1 Those who trust in the Lord are as secure as Mount Zion; they will not be defeated but will endure forever.

Hebrews 13:8 — Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

When your past comes to haunt you, turn your thoughts around and thank God for past blessings. His care for you in days gone by is far greater than any perils or problems, and His redemption is deeper than any regret. When a current distress torments you, turn it into prayer and praise, and thank God for promising to never leave you nor forsake you. Whenever you're tempted to fret about tomorrow, start praising Him for the eternal nature of His love, for a future just as bright as His promises. Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever — and so are His grace, peace, sovereignty, fellowship, joy, power, wisdom and love. He gives His blessings in bundles — yesterday, today and forever — so our gratitude should be eternal.

dwmoeller 11-15-2013 09:44 AM

Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. - Luke 6:36

Thought: As a child of God, be a model of mercy.

bluidkiti 11-16-2013 09:41 AM

November 16

Open my eyes, that I may see Wondrous things from Your law. Psalm 119:18

How kind the Lord is! How good he is! So merciful, this God of ours! Psalm 116:5

1 Corinthians 10:13 - 13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 — ...give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

There are many challenging things that happen in life for which we don't naturally, even supernaturally, feel thankful. But when we consider that God is our Father, that he knows the number of hairs on our head (Luke 12:7) and that the days of our life are planned ahead by him (Psalm 139:16) — it stands to reason that there are no accidents with God. We know that God is able to use even difficult things in life for our good (Romans 8:28), to conform us to the image of Christ (Romans 8:29). If you have a hard time thanking Him for something that happens, do the next best thing: ask Him to show you how.

bluidkiti 11-17-2013 10:25 AM

November 17

Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. Psalm 119:105

Shout to the Lord, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy! Psalm 98:4

Proverbs 16:3 - 3 Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed.

dwmoeller 11-18-2013 08:28 AM

"I am the Alpha and the Omega", says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." - Revelation 1:8

Thought: God came first and will be there at the last.

bluidkiti 11-18-2013 10:09 AM

November 18

Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. John 17:17

Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it. Psalm 139:14

Habakkuk 2:3 - 3 This vision is for a future time. It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled. If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed.