Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verse Of The Day - November (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1429)

dwmoeller 11-19-2013 08:31 AM

Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit. - Ephesians 1:13

Thought: Sealed by the Spirit, we are delivered from sin.

bluidkiti 11-19-2013 09:08 AM

November 19

Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night. Psalm 1:1-2

And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you. Psalm 39:7

2 Corinthians 4:17 - 17 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!

2 Corinthians 3:16-17 — But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

The more we look to Christ, the more we look like Christ.

dwmoeller 11-20-2013 08:20 AM

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. - Psalm 150:6

Thought: Breathe praise for Him who gives you breath.

bluidkiti 11-20-2013 09:28 AM

November 20

Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. Psalm 95:1-2

I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. Psalm 62:1

Hebrews 13:2 - 2 Don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!

bluidkiti 11-21-2013 10:10 AM

November 21

I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus, that you were enriched in everything by Him in all utterance and all knowledge, 1 Corinthians 1:4-5

He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:2

1 Timothy 5:3-4 - 3 Take care of any widow who has no one else to care for her. 4 But if she has children or grandchildren, their first responsibility is to show godliness at home and repay their parents by taking care of them. This is something that pleases God.

Isaiah 40:6-8 —

A voice says, "Cry out."
And I said, "What shall I cry?"
"All people are like grass,
and all their faithfulness is like the flowers of the field.
The grass withers and the flowers fall,
because the breath of the Lord blows on them.
Surely the people are grass.
The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of our God endures forever."

People are compared here to grass and flowers that wither away. We are mortal, but God's Word is eternal and unfailing. Public opinion changes and is unreliable, but God's Word is constant. Only in God's eternal Word will we find lasting solutions to our problems and needs.

dwmoeller 11-21-2013 10:17 AM

Make plans by seeking advice, if you wage war, obtain guidance. - Proverbs 20:18

Thought: Listen to others, pray to God and plan better.

bluidkiti 11-22-2013 09:34 AM

November 22

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Colossians 3:15

Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:5

2 Corinthians 7:1 - 1 Because we have these promises, dear friends, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that can defile our body or spirit. And let us work toward complete holiness because we fear God.

Colossians 4:2 — Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

dwmoeller 11-22-2013 10:10 AM

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. - Ephesians 6:18

Thought: Everywhere and in everything, call upon God.

bluidkiti 11-23-2013 10:27 AM

November 23

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations. Psalm 100:4-5

I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word. Psalm 130:5

Galatians 6:1 - 1 Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself.

Hebrews 12:15 — See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.

bluidkiti 11-24-2013 10:43 AM

November 24

As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving. Colossians 2:6-7

We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield. Psalm 33:20

1 Corinthians 15:22 - 22 Just as everyone dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given new life.

LookingOut 11-25-2013 08:42 AM

Galatians 5:22-25
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

Recovery means living the fruit of the Spirit. Not only must I recover from cravings, obsession and alcoholism, but I must CRUCIFY them!

:D

dwmoeller 11-25-2013 09:53 AM

The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it. - Psalm 24:1

Thought: All things good come from God.

bluidkiti 11-25-2013 10:17 AM

November 25

And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Colossians 3:17

Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God Philippians 1:3

Galations 2:20 - 20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Ephesians 5:8-10 — For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord.

bluidkiti 11-26-2013 08:41 AM

November 26

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. Hebrews 12:28

...that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever! Psalm 30:12

Matthew 6:1-2 - 1 “Watch out! Don’t do your good deeds publicly, to be admired by others, for you will lose the reward from your Father in heaven. 2 When you give to someone in need, don’t do as the hypocrites do—blowing trumpets in the synagogues and streets to call attention to their acts of charity! I tell you the truth, they have received all the reward they will ever get.

Psalm 138:1-3 —

I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart;
before the "gods" I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple
and will praise your name
for your unfailing love and your faithfulness,
for you have so exalted your solemn decree
that it surpasses your fame.
When I called, you answered me;
you greatly emboldened me.

Thanksgiving should be an integral part of our praise to God. This theme is woven throughout the Psalms. As we praise and thank God for material and spiritual blessings, we should also thank Him for answered prayer. Remember when you asked God for protection, strength, comfort, patience, love, or other special needs, and He supplied them? Beware of taking God's provision and answered prayer for granted.

dwmoeller 11-26-2013 09:02 AM

We are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. - 2 Peter 3:13

Thought: Lift your eyes to the Lord, and see what's coming.