Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2024, 07:30 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - May 31

Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5

It is during those times when we feel most alone or oppressed that we need to keep praying, telling God about our troubles.

If we are too busy to pray, we are too busy.

God gives us many gifts to appreciate through nature.

When you give yourself to God, all other giving becomes natural.

Where God guides, He provides.

God is awesome.

We can be sure God loves us a lot more then we or anyone does.

Never give up on people even if you'll never see them again, continue to pray for them.

God will not allow any problem to come to you that cannot be a learning, a turning, or an earning experience.

God always gives us the right time and grace to do what he asks us to do.

"Stand firm for Christ in your life. Nothing else will make a difference." – Charles Colson

One encounter with Jesus Christ is enough to change you, instantly, forever. --Luis Palau

"What the sun is to the day, what the moon is to the night, what the dew is to the flower, such is Jesus Christ to us."
--Charles Spurgeon

We don't always need to know where we are going as long as we know whom we are following. God is in control. Even when we wind up in strange places or unusual circumstances, the Father is not caught by surprise. - Mike Clay

CONTENT IN GOD'S LOVE
"Not that I am implying that I was in any personal want, for I have learned how to be content (satisfied) to the point where I am not disturbed (or disquieted) in whatever state I am." Philippians 4: 11 Amplified
It has been said that guilt is concerned with the past, worry is concerned about the future, but contentment enjoys the present. Today is a gift from God to enjoy. The present really is "a present" from our Lord. We can rejoice and be glad each day. When we love God and also each other, we find life is more rewarding and have true joy of the Lord in our heart.
Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace. And, your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace. With God's grace in our lives, we can face whatever comes our way. He who endures unto the end, the same shall be saved. Through it all, we learn to trust in God and can have a peace that passes the world's understanding.
Regardless of the physical conditions, we can be content knowing Jesus is our Great Physician. It makes no difference if we are in want or have plenty, Jesus is Jehovah-Jirah, our Provider. He is our Helper, Healer, Hope, and Head of the Body of Christ. If one ever feels they are at the point where Jesus is all they have, they will find Jesus is all they need. Our Lord is the supplier of every need when we heed His commands and love Him with our whole heart.
We do not have to be concerned with the past, as our sins are gone. They are underneath the blood of the cross of Calvary. The future is in God's hands so why should we worry? Our trust is in God and we can enjoy the present, although we must plan for the future and work for the Lord. Our times are in His hands and God has a plan for our lives which will come to pass in His time and way.
Contentment comes from learning how to have peace in whatever state we may be. Our joy and happiness is not dependant on the circumstances around us, but on who lives within us. Through Christ our Lord, we can have joy in the midst of trials, triumph in the midst of tears, and a testimony through all life's many trials.
Knowing Christ who lives within and is greater than any earthly problem gives us great peace as we lean on Him. We cannot trust in our own power or strength, but must learn to lean on Jesus. It is only by His Spirit that we can have true contentment and satisfaction in this life. Jesus will always be there. His promises will never fail! We can be content with Christ and have great peace when our life is in the Lord as we love God, and each other. --Jo Ann Kelly

TO BE A DISCIPLE!
Come, follow Me. - Matthew 4:19 NIV
The word "disciple" means being an apprentice to someone. And it was easy to tell if someone had done that. Peter, James and John made a decision to spend every day with Jesus in order to learn how to be like Him. Now, they did the same kinds of things you do. They ate, slept, worked, played, and learned. They just did all of these things with Jesus. And now it's your turn. What happened to those three fishermen 2000 years ago can happen for you. And your season of life, your temperament, your job - these are no obstacles. Throughout history when people came to understand what Jesus was really offering they would sacrifice anything - money, comfort, home, security - to get the chance to be an apprentice to Him. And this is your chance to follow Him too.
Read these words from a young pastor in Zimbabwe, Africa, who was later martyred for his faith: "The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of His. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished with low living, sight walking, smooth knees, colourless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need preeminence, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognised, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, depend on His presence, walk by patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labour with power." That's what it means to be a disciple of Jesus! --word for today

THE LITTLE RAGGEDY GIRL
There was once a little raggedy girl who lived with her widowed mother in what could only be charitably called a shack, just outside of town.
She had few clothes to wear and those that she had were worn and patched in many places. She was clean and tidy. Her mother saw to that. But, her schoolmates could not see past her ragged clothing and they enjoyed making fun of her.
The little raggedy girl bore the insults of the other children in silence. One little boy, in particular, liked to make fun of the coat she always wore. Like the rest of her clothes, the coat had seen much better days. It was an ugly green color with pulls and rawls all over it. Some places had dark stains that no amount of washing could ever remove. But the coat was warm and it was the only one she had, so the little raggedy girl wore it to school every day.
Christmas was only a few days away now, and it was the last school day before the long vacation. On her way home that day, a wet snow was falling accompanied by a biting north wind. It was cold and miserable. She was happy about her old coat and the warmth it provided. Still she wanted to get home quickly to the warmth of her house. Several blocks from the school she saw three boys standing on the sidewalk. They seemed to be arguing, but she couldn't make out the words -- just a lot of shouting. Then one of the boys suddenly snatched the coat off one the other boy's back. The boy tried to hold onto his coat, but the other one was stronger.
As soon as the coat was free, he and his friend ran off with it, laughing. The boy started to run after them but, in his haste, slipped and fell in the slushy snow, landing heavily on the sidewalk. The raggedy girl ran up to the boy on the ground. She was startled to find it was the very same boy who had always taunted her about her coat at school. "What happened?" she shouted.
The boy on the ground was crying, tears streaming down his face. "They took my coat," he wailed. "Now I'll freeze to death." The little raggedy girl smiled. "I doubt that," she said, "but you're going to get mighty cold before you get home. You might catch a bad cold and that's no good around Christmas. Then the boy felt a gentle, soft hand wiping the tears from his cheek. "Don't cry," she said. "Here. Wear my coat until you get home." "But you'll freeze." "No I won't," the little raggedy girl answered as she took off the coat. "Mama always makes me wear this old sweater under my coat for extra protection. It's not much, but it's better than nothing.
Now put on my coat and we'll walk over to your house. If we hurry, it won't be so bad." Ten minutes later, the pair arrived at the boy's house and stepped onto the porch. "Can you come in with me?" he asked. "You look positively frigid. Mom always has some hot chocolate and cookies for me when I get home on days like this."
The little raggedy girl felt funny going into such a fine house, but before she knew it the little boy had taken her by the hand and was dragging her through the front door. Inside, the house looked just as nice as it had from the outside. Just as the boy was taking off the ragged coat to return to the girl, his mother met them in the vestibule. "Who is this?" she asked. "And just where is your coat, young man?"
The little boy then told his mother all that had happened. When he finished, she smiled at the little raggedy girl and said, "You are welcome here. Come into the kitchen. I have some hot chocolate and fresh Toll House cookies. Eat with Mike and warm up before you go home. We'll worry about getting his coat back later." The little raggedy girl had never tasted anything so good as the cookies and cocoa in her life. Her mother was far too poor to buy such luxuries. Just before she finished, the mother walked into the kitchen with a huge box wrapped in shiny red ribbon. She placed the box in front of the little raggedy girl. "Go on and open it, honey," she said. "It's for you." The little raggedy girl opened the box. Her heart leaped into her throat. There, folded neatly inside, was a brand new coat. She looked up at the boy's mother. "Go on," the mother urged. "It's yours. Try it on. See if it fits." The little raggedy girl took the coat from the box and held it out in front of her. It was beautiful -- bright red with a warm liner and a thick, soft fur hood. And there wasn't a spot on it. She had never seen anything so beautiful in all her life. She looked up at the boy's mother.
She was smiling broadly. "I had bought that coat for my niece for Christmas, but I think you deserve it much more," she said.
Then the mother drove the little raggedy girl to her own front door. She thanked the woman, then ran into the house to show her Mama the new coat. After she had finished telling her story, she saw that her mother was crying. She put a small arm around her mother's thin shoulders. "I thought you would be happy, Mama," she said softly. "But if you want, I'll take the coat back. See? I still have my old one."
The mother gathered her little daughter on her lap and hugged her. "I'm not unhappy, honey," she sniffed. "I'm overcome with joy.
I knew that I would never be able to buy you a new coat for Christmas. Even used coats down at the mission cost too much for me.
So I prayed to God that he would provide you with a new coat. And He did -- and a finer coat than I ever imagined." The mother kissed her daughter on the cheek. The little girl could feel the warm wetness of her mother's tears against her dry, cool skin. "You know," the little ragged girl said as she hugged her mother, "I really am so very rich to have a mother like you."
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
(Romans 8:28 NIV) --Author unknown

ARE YOU DISCOURAGED.?
"I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” Jer.29.11.
I heard of Oswald Smith, in the year of 1920 he stood before the examining board for the selection of missionaries .He had wanted to be a missionary for as long as he could remember and for all that time had been crying out to GOD that He might open door for him to do so. Finally, his time had come. There he stood awaiting his destiny. His long awaited was about to come…No.
Smith had not met the missionary board’s qualifications and was turned down for service. After a time of disappointment, he decided that if could not be a missionary, he would build a church which would raise up some. And that is precisely what he did. The church he planted sent out more missionaries than any other church of its time.. And GOD used Oswald Smith mightily for His kingdom.
Have you been disappointed recently? Discouragement is faint-heartedness, a state in which we lose all hope. We may lose confidence in GOD; He has not answered my prayer. I have been ill for so long. I have been praying for so long. It is no use. May be He doesn’t love me. Everything I try to do is a failure. I have no success in my job. In my future also everything is going to go wrong.
Discouragement is one of the worst weapons of the devil. In the Bible we read of a man named Ahithophel who got discouraged and hanged himself and died. Even Elijah, the man who was on fire for God, ran away from the presence of God when he got discouraged and said “enough Lord, take me “
Child of God, trials are sent, not to destroy you, but to bring you spiritual promotion. So take them in right spirit. Let it not get you down. Surely God has something better for you. So continue to see, knock and ask to have a real revelation of God. He has a plan for you, said the Lord, a plan for your prosperity, a plan to give you a hope and a future. Jer.29.11.Don’t let our circumstances rules over us. You need to be walking in victory.
Prayer: Lord Jesus help us each one when we become discouraged to just praise you in the trials we face. Lord help us to lean on You in our pain and suffering for You wont give us more than we can bear . Jesus touch each one in this group today some or many who may be discouraged lift them above the discouragement and give us all victory in You In Jesus name. Amen
--Pastor Phyllis

Ask God by Andrew W Roebert
It may sound very simple but at the same time it can be life-changing. So many people spend so much of their lives living in their own strength and wisdom. They are convinced that they know what they should do and when. They live their lives relying almost completely on their own wisdom. The truth is that you and I were not meant to do it on our own. Our lives here on earth were meant to be a spiritual partnership with God.
James 4:2 tells us that “You have not because you ask not.” The issue is that we need to have the courage and the freedom to ask God and approach Him on any issue. The very issue that you are thinking about right now, is an issue you can ask God about! You may ask the question, “What can I ask God for?”
You Can Ask God for Direction - One thing that we all need advice on, from time to time, is this aspect of direction. There have been times in my life when I have not known which way to turn. In each situation I would often call on God for His leading and direction.
Psalm 23 tells us that “He leads me besides the still waters.” There are so many scriptures that tell us to “call on the Lord.” Perhaps the reason for this is that ASKING GOD is often a last resort and it should be our first port of call. No matter what you are going through, you can call on God and ask Him to lead, guide and direct. God wants to be our guide through all of life. You can ask God for direction.
You Can Ask God For Provision - This is another aspect that we can have the liberty of asking God for – PROVISION. Psalm 23:1 says “Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need.” (Living Bible) God is the one who wants to be our source and supply. I once heard about someone who was speaking to a group of people about finances. He asked the group an opening question. The question was: “Who of you are breadwinners?” The majority of people put up their hands. His response was immediate. “You are trying to be what you were not designed to be!” The Bible tells us in the “Lord’s prayer” that we should pray “Give us this day our daily bread.” The truth is that God is the provider of the bread and we simply need to ask Him for it. God is your “breadwinner.” God is the source, God is the supply and the supplier and we need to have the liberty of asking Him for the provision we need. When it comes to God’s provision, God may not always provide in the way we expected, but He always provides. “My God will supply all your needs according to His riches in Glory!”
You Can Ask God for Protection - Protection is another aspect we can ask God for. Psalm 23:4 says “Even when walking through the dark valley of death I will not be afraid, for You are close beside me, guarding, guiding all the way.” (Living Bible)
This concept of protection has many different facets. The definition of the word “protect” is to cover or shield from exposure, injury, damage, or destruction. The Bible tells us that the devil goes around like a roaring lion looking for those he can devour. God, on the other hand wants to protect, provide and undertake for each of us. God knows our needs and He wants to be our guard and defender. When trouble comes, we should run to Him. He is our mighty fortress.
Psalm 46:1 says “God is our Refuge and Strength, a very present Help in trouble.” Martin Luther wrote the great hymn, “A Mighty Fortress.” The opening line says “A mighty fortress is our God, a bulwark (a strong support or protection) never failing.”
We Can Ask God for Vision - Each one of us needs to have vision in our lives. When we have dreams and vision it gives us hope and purpose. There is another great hymn that celebrates this “Be thou my vision, O Lord of my heart.” The Bible also tells that without vision we die. We all need to have a reason to live. We all need to discover our “redemptive purpose” (the purpose for which God created us). Only God can make this a reality. If you need vision in your life, ask God to fill you with vision. Ask God to give you dreams and believe that He has a blueprint for your life.
We Can Ask God for Wisdom - Wisdom is another aspect we can ask God for. James 1:5 says “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men liberally.” Wisdom includes being wise and having the sense to know what the right thing is to do. We all get into situations where we just need to know what the right thing is. We need wisdom. God is the giver of wisdom and He wants to give you wisdom in the situations, challenges and difficulties you are facing! Ask God for wisdom!
Believe God When You Ask Him - It is one thing to ask God for something, but then we need to believe Him. What is the good of asking God for something if we do not believe He can or will intervene in our lives. We must begin to allow expectation and anticipation to rise up from within us because of the confidence we have in God and His ability to come through for us. This is true even if it does not happen exactly as we had hoped or when we had hoped. We must always remember that God’s ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts higher than our thoughts. Because God is all-seeing, all-knowing, He sees things from a different perspective and therefore knows what is best.
Jeremiah 29:11 says “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord. ’they are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.’” Doubt robs us of our confidence in God. Don’t give doubt a foothold in your life, but rather let your confidence in God grow and become mature.

Testing your spirit.
With the big focus on health, proper diet, and exercise, there has emerged a whole new market on home testing products. There are a wide range of self test options available. For a price, you can measure your blood pressure; test your cholesterol or blood sugar level; and even check on your thyroid function. There is, of course, a home pregnancy test kit available, and a home test kit for detecting HIV. Accuracy and reliability vary, but these products are designed to provide a confidential, private peek at your current health status.
Imagine what it would be like if there were test kits available to measure the health of your spirit. The test would screen you to see if your spirit was unhealthy. The market for such items would not be as popular. Most would rather not know that they have a problem in this area, especially if it required them to take action to change. The test would indicate whether you had a spirit that is arrogant, critical, pessimistic, self-righteous, doubting, angry, hurt, or indifferent. There would be a measurement to warn you of the “danger” or “toxic” range, and some instructions to guide you in the steps to be taken to improve your health.
You do not have to wonder what your test results would be. Although you can not purchase a home test kit for such a purpose, you can have all you need to know about your spirit revealed to you by Jesus Christ. Ask Him to search you and show you the areas of your spirit that need attention. Perhaps you need to trust Him more, be humbled, forgive someone, let go of an old trespass against you, or realize that even though everyone is not exactly like you - they are still okay. Whatever it is, if you seek Him in earnest, you will find Christ right there to gently instruct you in a way that will lead to positive change. After all, He is the Great Physician and He can heal you physically and spiritually when you go to Him with just such a request.
“This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.” Romans 3:22-24 --Gail Lindsay

Daily Rules from God
1. Wake Up!!Decide to have a good day. "Today is the day the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalms 118:24
2. Dress Up!! The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at outward appearance; but the Lord looks at the heart." I Samuel 16:7
3. Shut Up!! Say nice things and learn to listen. God gave us two ears and one mouth, so He must have meant for us to do twice as much listening as talking. "He who guards his lips guards his soul." Proverbs 13:3
4. Stand Up!! ... For what you believe in. Stand for something or you will fall for anything.. "Let us not be weary in doing good; for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good..." Galatians 6:9-10
5. Look Up!!... To the Lord. "I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me." Phillippians 4:13
6. Reach Up!!... For something higher. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, And He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5-6
7. Lift Up!!... Your Prayers. "Do not worry about anything; instead PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING." Philippians 4:6
--Anonymous

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
I have planted you and built you up, and I will not pluck you up nor tear you down. Refuse the temptation to allow frustrations, irritations, and minor setbacks to shake you, uproot or move you from your established foundation, purpose and direction. Quiet your soul and stand strong and resolute against the enemy's efforts to take you off course or move you away from your kingdom position, says the Lord. There is a marked difference between being moved by the wind of My Spirit and being blown away by the winds of adversity.
Jeremiah 42:10 ‘If you will still remain in this land, then I will build you and not pull you down, and I will plant you and not pluck you up. For I relent concerning the disaster that I have brought upon you."

Beloved, renew your covenant with Me; stir the flames of desire for Me. I speak to hearts that have been distracted from the pure love and devotion that once burned. Do not seek to be satisfied with things of the world or things that are temporary and not eternal. Examine your heart to see what truly motivates you, for you have come to a crossroad where your choices will determine the direction you will go. You will either come back to Me in greater determination and consecration, or you will gradually fall away, says the Lord.
Revelation 3:15-19 "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’ ––and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked––I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent."

I saw a line that arched over the sanctuary, and it seemed that the light was a silver color under the line and a golden color above the line. I heard the Lord say, "I have drawn a line, a line of demarcation, for you to step over and into a greater dimension of the power of My kingdom. Those who cross the line will never go back."
Mark 4:35 On the same day, when evening had come, He (Jesus) said to them, "Let us cross over to the other side."

You have entered the process of breakthrough. And, yes, I did say process. It is a matter of progression, and you have taken the first steps. You will, however, need to maintain the breakthrough momentum because there is more than one front where you need to push through the hindrances and gain the victory. Do not give up mid stream, says the Lord.
2 Kings 13:17-19 And he said, "Open the east window"; and he opened it. Then Elisha said, "Shoot"; and he shot. And he said, "The arrow of the LORD’S deliverance and the arrow of deliverance from Syria; for you must strike the Syrians at Aphek till you have destroyed them." Then he said, "Take the arrows"; so he took them. And he said to the king of Israel, "Strike the ground"; so he struck three times, and stopped. And the man of God was angry with him, and said, "You should have struck five or six times; then you would have struck Syria till you had destroyed it! But now you will strike Syria only three times."

Watch for the enemy's attack that will get you on an emotional roller-coaster ride that can derail you spiritually. Refuse to take your emotional responses seriously. Stay focused, and recognize that this is momentary. Remind yourself that when you have difficulty gaining the victory, it is only one battle and does not mean that you can't win the war. Be strong and courageous.
Psalms 30:5 For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

Beloved Bride, I have admonished you to give thanks and rejoice to prepare the way for a continued flow of blessings. And, I have heard the first smattering of your obedience. Yet, there are still many who have not taken My word seriously and have even continued to complain and grumble. Your choice in this matter will take you on one of two paths. The path of obedience leads to being blessed, and the path of disobedience leads to being cursed. Choose wisely.
Deuteronomy 30:19 "I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live."

Did I Thank You Lord Today?
Oh Lord, You are so wonderful
Did I take the time to pray,
Or did I find myself wrapped up
In other things today?
Did I remember to thank You
For the moon and stars above,
And all You have created
But most of all Your love?
Did I mention that I'm thankful
I can read Your words each day,
By opening up my Bible
And to Your words, try to obey?
Did I remember to thank You too
For this beautiful sunny day,
For the birds that sing so joyfully
In their melancholy way?
Have I asked for Your forgiveness
When I complain of things I should not?
For I know, Lord, in my heart
I must be grateful for all I've got.
Did I thank You for the love
You have placed within my heart,
And for the many friends I have?
For with me, they are a part.
Finally, Lord, have I let You know
My life would be incomplete,
If I didn't know You, as my Savior
The one someday I'll meet?
--Ruth Ann Mahaffey Sept 2002

I refuse to be discouraged,
To be sad, or to cry;
I refuse to be downhearted,
and here’s the reason why...
I have a God who’s mighty,
Who’s sovereign and supreme;
I have a God who loves me,
and I am on His team.
He is all wise and powerful,
Jesus is His name;
Though everything is changeable,
My God remains the same.
My God knows all that’s happening;
Beginning to the end,
His presence is my comfort,
He is my dearest friend.
When sickness comes to weaken me,
To bring my head down low,
I call upon my mighty God;
Into His arms I go.
When circumstances threaten
to rob me from my peace;
He draws me close unto His breast,
Where all my strivings cease.
And when my heart melts within me,
and weakness takes control;
He gathers me into His arms,
He soothes my heart and soul.
The great “I AM” is with me,
My life is in His hand,
The “Son of the Lord” is my hope,
It’s in His strength I stand.
I refuse to be defeated,
My eyes are on my God;
He has promised to be with me,
as through this life I trod.
I’m looking past all my circumstances,
To Heaven’s throne above;
My prayers have reached the heart of God,
I’m resting in His love.
I give God thanks in everything,
My eyes are on His face;
The battle’s His, the victory’s mine;
He’ll help me win the race.
--Author Unknown

PEACEMAKER
by Debbie Preuss
Lord, help me be a peacemaker, putting forward what is true
May You use me to show the hurting, how to come to You
May I not be vain, wanting glory for myself
Help me be an example, of Your true spiritual health
Help me not to judge, but listen to both sides
Let me bring them to You, to be their own true guide
Lord, I want to show Your love, as shelter from the storm
Knit together the separate, to friendship that is warm
May I be a part, of the work you want to do
Bringing the wiser in, to help the journey through
Lord, I'm willing to be a peacemaker, whenever You do call
Against the roots of bitterness, Lord erect a wall
Help me to be truthful, righteous and moral too
May I be an example, of just what You can do
For You are the Prince of Peace, peacemaker extrordinaire
I praise You for Your workings, and the ways You show You care
So help me be Your peacemaker, putting forward what is true
May You use me to help the hurting, and bring them unto You

Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers--not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. 1 Peter 5:2-3

"I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body will also rest secure." Psalm 16:8-9

Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us. 1 John 3:24

There are friends who pretend to be friends, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

Let the whole world bless our God and sing aloud His praises. Our lives are in His hands, and He keeps our feet from stumbling.
Psalm 66:8-9

I will not leave you desolate; I will come to you. John 14:18

May the LORD answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. Psalm 20:1

A CALL TO COME AWAY
Something is not quite right . . . I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful children, a satisfying job, faithful friends, and a lovely home. My life is great!
I’m a good Christian. I try to be a good neighbor. I bake cookies for my daughter’s class. I get the family to church (not an easy task). I teach Sunday School and play the piano for Sunday worship.
But there is a disquieting flaw in my seemingly perfect life. Deep inside, something seems to be missing. I do everything right, but what’s it all for? If only I could measure my life. I remember how my mother used to count the jeweled jars on her pantry shelf: sixty-four quarts of pears, seventy quarts of peaches, thirty quarts of tomatoes. But how do I measure what I do?
Today is a quiet Saturday afternoon. The three youngest children are shopping with their father, and the two oldest are at college. I go upstairs to the family room and open the cedar chest in the corner. I dig out the photo albums and the keepsakes and spread them out on the floor—invitations for birthday parties, mementos of school programs, vacations, and basketball games. My whole life so far seems to be represented by things in this chest.
I look at my hands. They look as if they’ve worked hard to make it all happen—the endless meals, laundry, activities — just sheer effort to craft . . . what? The albums and programs next to my hands seem significant somehow.
But what does this all mean, Lord? I whisper, tears filling my eyes. I want my life to count for something. What really lasts? What in life is really worth the effort?
I envision Jesus sitting next to me, and I say to Him, “Jesus, something is wrong! My life is tasteless. There’s no reason to feel this way. You have given me so much. And here I sit, complaining.”
The Lord quietly asks, “What’s in that chest?”
I smile indulgently. “Oh, family treasures.” I take out the clay pot that Eric made when he was four. It’s a lumpy little thing, with no earthly use other than the fact that a little boy with a lock of blond hair gave it to me—his eyes shining with love. “What are those?” the Lord asks.
I dig out the macramé hanger Jon made in the first grade, the paper lion Amy colored, a book of poems Chris wrote, and a watercolor Andy painted.
“Oh, treasures from my children. Just little things, trinkets, really. They’re not important to anyone but their father and me. And only because they’re reminders.”
As I think about my children, the miracle of each one—their laughter, their faith, their love—something warm and complete begins to form in my heart. I am overcome by how much I love them and how much they love me. And suddenly I realize, that is enough.
“Lord,” I exclaim, “such wonderful children!”
The Lord laughs. “Yes. Like you!”
“Me?”
“Yes! You’re wonderful!” Then a shadow crosses His face.
“But you’re busy.” He’s quiet a moment, then He says softly, “You’ve given Me treasures, and I accept them, just as you accept gifts from your children.” He leans forward. “But I enjoy this best: you sitting here with Me. I have so much to tell you—how to live, how to love the people around you, for My sake.” His arms are open. “It’s your face I want to see, your voice I long to hear. I love you.”
I put the things back into the cedar chest, quietly wondering, Does He love me that much—as much as I love my children? Are all the things I do just trinkets in a box? Am I enough?
I walk downstairs and go outside. The air is warm and fragrant with the musky scent of freshly fallen pine needles. Autumn is approaching and, behind it, winter. But now I sense a fresh touch, a promise.
“Jesus,” I whisper, “I think I understand. I love You, too.”
Take some time to examine your own life—how you are spending your time and energy. Perhaps you, too, want to find balance.
Perhaps you, too, long to know that your life has significance. Perhaps you, too, long to know Jesus more deeply rather than just know about Him or just do things for Him.
Life has a way of keeping us from quality time with Jesus. We are busy, with many commitments. But we can grow deeper in our life with Him. Open your heart to Him. Listen for His voice. Rest in His presence with you. --Author Unknown

EXPECT A MIRACLE PRAYER
"By the grace of God I am what I am, and God's grace toward me has not been in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:10
Speak this aloud, in prayer: I believe in miracles because I believe in God. God, You are a wonder-working God. Night and day, You are working behind the scenes to bring about the most wondrous perfect result. I give thanks that I am a part of your plan of miracles. I pray for a miracle, but more importantly, because of my belief in You that never waivers, I expect a miracle.
I give You my life for you to transform it and lengthen it with Your miracle-working power. Dear God, I give You my body, from the top of my head, to the bottom of my feet, I pray that You will bring Your miracle working power to every cell and atom, every tissue and every fiber. I give You my heart, my lungs, my kidneys, my liver, my stomach, and all the organs of my body for You to perfect with the miracle working power of Your perfect regeneration. I give You my skeletal system for You to strengthen and empower.
I give You my mind for You to transform every thought into a thought that is founded in doubtless faith and grounded in bottomless strength. I give You my eyes so that you can transform them from seeing negative energy-zapping events to witnessing the wonder and majesty of all life. I give You my emotions so that they will no longer be cynical or critical; down or lowly about myself and others. Uplift my emotions with Your miracle-working power.
I give You my energy so that You can add to it with miracle-working power so that I sizzle with energy, zeal and enthusiasm. I give You all my relationships for You to transform with a miracle of pure love. I pray that those relationships that are old and worn out are renewed and sustained with Your life-giving power of miracle love.
Dear God, I give You my career and I ask that You touch it and bring to it continuous miracles. God, I give You my hopes and dreams, my goals and ambitions, I ask You to bring miracles asked for and dreamed for along with the serendipity of the unexpected miracles that will make my life surprising and sweet.
Dear God, I give You my hands. Use them, so that they can produce miracles in other's lives. Dear God, I give You my feet. Use them to walk towards my miracles or to aid in producing miracles for others. I expect a miracle and I accept a miracle! In Jesus Christ's name....Amen --Author Unknown

Read Through The Bible

Hosea 13
1 When Ephraim spake trembling, he exalted himself in Israel; but when he offended in Baal, he died. 2 And now they sin more and more, and have made them molten images of their silver, and idols according to their own understanding, all of it the work of the craftsmen: they say of them, Let the men that sacrifice kiss the calves. 3 Therefore they shall be as the morning cloud and as the early dew that passeth away, as the chaff that is driven with the whirlwind out of the floor, and as the smoke out of the chimney. 4 Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me. 5 I did know thee in the wilderness, in the land of great drought. 6 According to their pasture, so were they filled; they were filled, and their heart was exalted; therefore have they forgotten me. 7 Therefore I will be unto them as a lion: as a leopard by the way will I observe them: 8 I will meet them as a bear that is bereaved of her whelps, and will rend the caul of their heart, and there will I devour them like a lion: the wild beast shall tear them. 9 O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself; but in me is thine help. 10 I will be thy king: where is any other that may save thee in all thy cities? and thy judges of whom thou saidst, Give me a king and princes? 11 I gave thee a king in mine anger, and took him away in my wrath. 12 The iniquity of Ephraim is bound up; his sin is hid. 13 The sorrows of a travailing woman shall come upon him: he is an unwise son; for he should not stay long in the place of the breaking forth of children. 14 I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes. 15 Though he be fruitful among his brethren, an east wind shall come, the wind of the Lord shall come up from the wilderness, and his spring shall become dry, and his fountain shall be dried up: he shall spoil the treasure of all pleasant vessels. 16 Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

St. Theresa's Prayer: May today there be peace within. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this Presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.

My prayer for you today is that God's blessings, protection and mercies be upon you and your family on this day and every day. May you abide in Him as He abides in you. Dance together with God, trusting Him to lead and guide you through each season of your life. May You Always Dance.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: https://bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply